Fox Racing Shox 32 F Series RL FIT 2011 Forks

Air and oil do mix, and in the world of suspension......

Submitted by top fuel

Date Reviewed: May 31, 2012

Strengths:    price,performance

Weaknesses:    no kashima coating

Bottom Line:
,bought the 32 float fit 100 rl without remote lockout online for three hundred dollars if you need a fork and can still find this deal buy it! its a great fork for the money .I was looking for this model because I have a 2011 trek top fuel 8 and this is the same fork that came on the higher end carbon top fuel. I had an 11 year old sid from my old bike on the top fuel so it was in desperate need of an upgrade .What a difference ,now the front of the bike is as plush as the rear.Fork technology has come a loooong way in 11 years.While the old sid use to bounce off rocks and roots the fox eats them for dinner.Its super plush ,just smooths out the whole trail but really shines when taking a big hit.I was amazed and just started aiming for roots and stuff but barely feeling anything in the handlebar .I was all ready to spend about nine hundred dollars on the new 2012 top of the line fox when I found this one on ebay .A couple of companies are selling these cheap probably because they are 2011 models,and are 9mm quick release rather than the thru axle type that are popular now.This one also has no kashima coating but if you use a good lube on the sliders (finish line makes a great one just for that) I doubt you will notice the difference.I was afraid my bike shop might give me some grief installing a internet bought fork but they didnt .Probably because I do buy alot of stuff from them and they had to agree this was a good deal. Happy Hunting! ps. Im not saying any thing is wrong with rock shox ,im sure a new sid is also much better than a 11 year old one just as my sid was much better than my mag 21 before it. Yes I am old and if you know what a mag 21 is so are you!