X-Fusion Vengeance HLR 2010 Forks

• Aluminum Steerer and Stanchions
  • Air Sprung

Submitted by sethius a Downhiller from Australia

Date Reviewed: March 28, 2010

Strengths:    Excellent finish, high quality paint. Adjustments have a decent range unlike other companies models, weight is spot on. Rebound works effectively, PSI is abit high for their weights we've noticed across the range of bikes we have them setup on.

Weaknesses:    Traditional axle, take something like the manitou QR 20 axle and they'd be set.

Bottom Line:
Been preforming above and beyond my hopes, is up there with the higher fox talas 36 but without the stupid price tag, hopefully we shall see more of these around!

Similar Products Used:   bos, fox 36, 66, lyrik.

Bike Setup:   5.4" slopestyle-freeride-downhill bike, super aggressive setup.

Submitted by Prettym1k3 a Downhiller from San Jose, CA

Date Reviewed: January 27, 2010

Strengths:    The fork is very, VERY stiff. Stiffer than my Lyrik has ever been. The travel is plush and smooth. The adjustment is easy and spot on. There's not a million clicks of adjustment like on some forks. Seals clean the stanchions on each compression, and everything worked perfectly on my aggressive test rides.

Weaknesses:    Maybe the axle. I'd like to see a Maxle on these forks, but that's a small issue.

Bottom Line:
Bottom line is that the fork does exactly what it's supposed to do, it's durable, and it's much, MUCH cheaper than the competition. It's highly adjustable. Furthermore, I can't fathom having any issues with the fork, but if you did I know that X-Fusions customer service is spot on. How could you NOT pick up a Vengeance HLR? I gave this fork a 4 overall instead of a 5 because that's all I can give it without having more time on it to dial it in. I'm sure that I would give it 5 Flamin' Chilis if I had a few days of riding on it, and could more properly adjust the fork to my weight and riding style.

Favorite Trail:   None of your business

Purchased At:   N/A

Similar Products Used:   RS Lyrik, Fox 36.

Bike Setup:   Blur LT2, XT, Elixirs, etc.