RockShox Revelation Team 2010 Forks

3.91/5 (11 Reviews)

The Rock Shox Revelation Team U-Turn fork has 120-150mm of adjustable travel made possible by the Air U-Turn spring and BlackBox Motion Control damper. The aluminum steerer tube diameter is 1 1/8". The fork crown is cast, hollow 6061 aluminum. The stanchions are 32mm straight wall aluminum tubes. The lowers are magnesium. The fork accepts thru-axle hubs only via the proprietary 20mm Maxle Lite thru axle.

Submitted by kimi rossi a Weekend Warrior from manila, philippines

Date Reviewed: August 3, 2011

Strengths:    light, stiff, maxle, smooth, plush, super smooth, u turn, lockout, compression adjust, etc.

Weaknesses:    none so far, but @ 150mm travel could have gone with 35mm stanchions

Bottom Line:
this fork is super plush and super smooth. u turn works great, lockout and compression are the bomb, dual air adjustability hits the bullseye. maxle works great but it's a little bit hard to install/remove. put a little grease on it. it is so buttery smoooooootth..no feeling of sticktion at all.

Favorite Trail:   timberland

Purchased At:   life cycle

Similar Products Used:   2007 revelation, 2008 pike, 2008 vanilla, 2009 36 float

Bike Setup:   2011 heckler, sram, shimano, syncros, thomson

Submitted by Andrea a Weekend Warrior from Florence, Italy

Date Reviewed: June 23, 2011

Strengths:    Absolutely OK

Bottom Line:
I bought the Abracadabra frame having tried the bike with the original FOX forks: in the first time i used marzocchi xc 700 ata with quick release, then decided to change it with a fork with 20mm/15mm axle, and choose this fork for the good price.
I thought fox was better, but soon i realized that this was not true: revelation team do it better!!!!!

P.S.: i never used lock out and u-turn (abracadabra dont need lower forks)

Favorite Trail:   all mountain

Similar Products Used:   marzocchi xc 700 ata micro, Fox 150 RLT, and many other

Bike Setup:   Kona Abracadabra - formula oro 18 k brakes - Mavic 819 rims - hubs: rear DT 240 s, front Protone - drivetrain XT

Submitted by D-Avid a Weekend Warrior from East Berne, ny usa

Date Reviewed: May 2, 2011

Strengths:    Plushest fork ever, great adjust-ability, light weight, air u-turn rocks, post mounts, Push-loc

Bottom Line:
Best fork I have ever used. It soaks up everything and the dual air gives you control over exactly how u want the fork to feel. Small bump compliance is terrific as well as big hit ability. Best fork I have ever ridden. What a difference. I can clear stuff now that I could never have cleared with my other fork. Awesome.

Similar Products Used:   Rock shox Pilot, Manitou Black super SPV, Rock shox Recon 351 u-turn

Bike Setup:   Haro Sonix VL120 frame w/my own components

Submitted by dytrdr5 a Weekend Warrior from Houston, Tx

Date Reviewed: March 19, 2011

Strengths:    Good compression and rebound dampening. Looks and for a 5.5 inch travel fork its very light.

Weaknesses:    Reliability, I was on my way to trail and decided to do a bunny hop, when I landed I heard a snap and the U-turn function is broken. didn't even make it the half a mile to the trail.

Bottom Line:
buy Marzocchi or fox can't wait to deal with RS customer service on a 1 day old fork.

Favorite Trail:   Bluff Creek

Purchased At:   bikewagon

Similar Products Used:   Marzocchi shiver and DJ2

Bike Setup:   Mountaincycle battery

Submitted by MartinS a Weekend Warrior from Fernie, BC

Date Reviewed: January 7, 2011

Strengths:    Ride performance is awesome, super smooth and stiff torsionally. If it was problem free it would be a truly amazing fork.

Weaknesses:    U-turn, lasts about a month between blow ups and Canadian service center at Norco blows chunks. Luckily everything gets covered by warranty, but having to send the fork away each time really sucks, wish there were more bike shops set up as RS service centers in Canada - like the US.
Norco has been awful to work with, tried to get an issue seen to for three months, they kept lying and saying they were sending the part to my local shop - I was at the shop when they were being called, I heard them saying they'd send the stuff and it would never show. I called RS US and they basically said sorry, but there is nothing we can do - seriously? - all I needed was a tiny spring and a c-clip, you can't just drop them in the mail? They'd fit in a regular envelope and believe me, I'd never tell Norco about it.

Bottom Line:
I have a love/hate relationship, best riding fork I've tried but I have no trust in it, it has let me down too much, plus the Canadian support is terrible. I am planning on trying to get the '11 2 step cartridge for it and see how that goes.

Similar Products Used:   Manitou Minute '08 - thankfully I still own this fork, it is bomber. Not as smooth as the Revelation but it is infinitely more reliable. Also ridden a Fox Float 150 RL w/ 15mm TA, not as stiff torsionally, but rode nicely.

Bike Setup:   Banshee Spitfire, I9's, XTR, Formula RX's etc

Submitted by eastongeneral a Cross Country Rider from bend OR USA

Date Reviewed: July 21, 2010

Strengths:    Plush, Stiff, highly tunable, and pretty light. Review for Dual Air version

Weaknesses:    The air pressure vs. rider weight chart on the lowers was quite a bit off for my desired ride qualities. Peel it off and this fork has no weakness

Bottom Line:
Best AM fork I have ever ridden. It is super plush right from the top of the stroke even at relatively high pressure. The Fox Float that this fork replaced was super sticky in the first inch of travel and handle small to medium bumps pretty poorly. With the pos and neg chambers on the Revelation you can really dial in the small bump feel. I run the neg chamber low so you get full travel and the fork is not too sensitive to small bumps. I find that more small bump sensitivity leads to my front wheel hanging up in slow techy stuff. Even though this makes the first bit of travel more firm, it is still very very smooth unlike the fox, which just felt really sticky. If you raise the negative chamber pressure you will shorten the axle to crown length of the fork and available travel. The other brilliant feature of this fork is the compression adjustment. This basically allows you to have two forks in one at the flip of a switch. Set the fork up fully active as you would for a shuttle ride then flip the compression switch and play with the gate dial until you find the feel you like for climbing and slow technical riding. Now you have your two modes set and just flip the compression switch on and off to switch between the two. Fox copied this set up but I don't think it works as well. Buy this fork.

Favorite Trail:   McKenzie river

Similar Products Used:   Fox Float, Talas, Marzocchi bombers

Bike Setup:   Turner 5 spot DW with a solid kit

Submitted by BBW a Weekend Warrior from Plano, TX

Date Reviewed: June 21, 2010

Strengths:    light, plush, stiff

Weaknesses:    colors options? I would prefer the "mate" look and a black or gray :-)

Bottom Line:
WOW, I was not happy with my last(s) FOX (Vanilla, Float, Talas) and decided to give RS a try after reading the recommendations from other users.
My God this fork is PLUSH, feels great and I just had 1 ride.
I weight about 180 RTR and have 80 PSI in Pos and Neg chambers. Still tinkering but feels sooooo nice
Bye bye FOX, no more harsh rides, loose bushings and creaky steerers
This thing is incredible!
If it keeps working (shouldn't have a problem) its THE best upgrade I have done in a long time
Keep it up RS!!

Favorite Trail:   anything tech

Purchased At:   RBM

Similar Products Used:   I was a Fox fan till now

Bike Setup:   Turner 5 Spot DW

Submitted by mtnbiker4life a Weekend Warrior from Sac-Town

Date Reviewed: May 27, 2010

Strengths:    It works great after getting the U-Turn Fixed. It's a light weight fork and the 20mm Maxle is the best. The Fork is plush and feels much better then the Talas.

Weaknesses:    The U-Turn broke before I could even ride my bike.

Bottom Line:
I was really pissed, spending good coin then getting zero miles on the fork. SRAM stepped up but I decided to have PUSH fix the U-Turn along with tuning the fork. I would have bought the Dual Air if I had known about the u-turn clunk.

Favorite Trail:   Auburn

Purchased At:   Fox & Hound

Similar Products Used:   Fox Talas 32

Bike Setup:   Ventana El Ciclon

Submitted by Norco_Hitter a Cross Country Rider from Lund, Sweden

Date Reviewed: May 5, 2010

Strengths:    This review is for the dual air version. Plush and solid. Easy to service. Very good botoming out resistance. Very easy to set up. Good small bump sensitivity.

Weaknesses:    Stay away from the U-turn version and you will be fine.

Bottom Line:
A good solid fork that feels plush for being an air fork. The fork comes alive when it is pushed hard. A superb trail fork that can take a beating with pride.

Favorite Trail:   Are (and Creasted Butte, Colorado , US)

Similar Products Used:   RS Psylo, RS Recon, RS Pike

Bike Setup:   Orange 5 with Fox RP23 BV, XT cranks, gears and shifters, Formula The One brakes, Wheels: DT 5.1 on Hope Pro II, High rollers 2.35 and sometimes Nobby Nics, Thomson stem and seatpost. Race Face Atlas AM bars, Fizik Gobi XM saddle

Submitted by Clivo1 a Weekend Warrior from Holmfirth, West Yorks, uk

Date Reviewed: March 5, 2010

Strengths:    Look nice

Weaknesses:    Travel adjuster broke first time out resulting in 120mm setting omly being available and loud knocks on compression. First time out was on flat road with a few 3 inch curbs. Simply wrong - surely quality control should have picked this problem up. Have returned to CRC I am sure they will sort this out, I will report back on this though as I am thoughly distsatisfied at the momment.

Bottom Line:
Breaking first ride out of the box is wrong.

Favorite Trail:   Kiroughtree, SW scotland

Purchased At:   Chainreaction cycles

Similar Products Used:   Marrazochis Z1, marathon, Comp - No probs at all with any of these. I am thinking I am an idiot for trying anything else.

Bike Setup:   I would love to have the oportunity to ride it. SA Heckler, Fox 5.0, Hope Pro/Dt swiss AM rims, Sram Xo/x9, SLX Ch/S, Avid Elivier CR brakes, Thomson and Hope everything else except EA Bars.

Submitted by moonlite a Weekend Warrior from Santa Cruz

Date Reviewed: November 1, 2009

Strengths:    This is for a 2010 Team Air U-Turn 9mm... adjustability, plushness, tracking, SRAM customer support

Bottom Line:
This fork is nice!
I just lofted the most air I've ever done on a trail I've been riding for 20 years. The landing reminded me of 2' of dry powder the morning after a snow dump. Combine this with the travel range, easy maintenance and we got our selves a winner!
I weigh in at 160lbs so the tracking is not a problem with the 9mm. For my wieght and style (good times on the trail) I didn't want to shell out for a new wheel.

Favorite Trail:   All of them