RockShox Revelation Race 2010 Forks

4.5/5 (4 Reviews)

The Rock Shox Revelation Race has 150mm of travel made possible by the Dual Air spring and Motion Control damper. Choose between a 1-1/8" or 1.5" tapered steerer. The fork accepts thru-axle hubs only via the proprietary 20mm Maxle Lite thru-axle. The fork works with disc brakes only, mounting on post-style mounts; minimum rotor size is 160mm, max is 203mm.

Submitted by 8valvegrowl a Weekend Warrior from VT

Date Reviewed: September 7, 2010

Strengths:    Light, stiff, plush. Everything you could want in a trail fork.

Weaknesses:    None so far.

Bottom Line:
I have the Maxle Lite version, it was a giant upgrade from the stock Marz XC600 POS that came on my Dawg. I lowered the fork to 140mm to match my Dawg's geo a little better, and other than cleaning it regularly, has performed flawlessly since I installed it in April. Gnarly tech, small doubles, drops and huckers, fast flowy stuff, this fork can do it all and does it well.

Favorite Trail:   The Preacher

Purchased At:   Wholesaler

Similar Products Used:   Marzocchi XC600 TST2, Fox Vanilla 32

Bike Setup:   2008 Kona Dawg, RS Revelation Race Dual Air, Maxxis 2.4 Ardents, Truvativ cockpit (HolzfellerWC bar/AKA stem/CC100 HS).

Submitted by veritechy a Weekend Warrior from san francisco

Date Reviewed: November 28, 2009

Strengths:    Awesome fork. Uses full travel, unlike fox. I sold the fox and am very glad I did. Nice bump compliance and smooth. Easy to service.

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
Get this fork if you want up to 150mm of travel. RS are easy to service and at a much better price point than the equivalent fox. It also uses the full travel. Very nice so far.

Favorite Trail:   skegg's

Purchased At:   universal cycles

Similar Products Used:   fox, other RS

Bike Setup:   Titus ML-1, 2010 revelation race, SRAM X.0/X.9, Mavic 819

Submitted by hugh_b a Weekend Warrior from UK

Date Reviewed: October 4, 2009

Strengths:    Plush, stiff, light weight (exactly as manufacturer states), easy to set-up & adjust, actually has & uses a full 150mm travel unlike other brands, o-ring on stanchions installed from new which helps with set-up.
Look good!

Weaknesses:    Only weakness i can think of is also a silly design element of others brands such as fox; these forks use a wiper seal & foam ring only, dirt can get under the wiper seal as i found with my 09's when servicing them. ( i clean the stanchions every ride and lift the dirt from the seals using the oil and compress method)

Bottom Line:
Fantastic forks, very smooth & plush, damping performs perfectly in my eyes, reliable (fingers crossed), super stiff and very light. Having owned both fox and Rockshox i don't think i could go back.
As with all forks keep them clean and do an oil bath/foam ring service every few months (takes 20mins) and your good to go!

Similar Products Used:   2009 rev's, pikes

Bike Setup:   2010 Orange five with a 28lb build

Submitted by chapdog a Cross Country Rider from El Dorado Hills

Date Reviewed: September 28, 2009

Strengths:    strength, lightweight, precision steering, easy to set up and plush

Weaknesses:    lack of external travel adjustment

Bottom Line:
this fork is a performer, will be the sleeper on todays market and likely increase in price in coming years, just like when the Pike first came out priced low and then doubled in price as word spead on quality and value of the fork vs. Fox. Fox forks are really good but you pay premium, that FIT dampner is really tough to get perfect and with all the different adjusters I see guys just always tweaking out on it. My fork as the tapered headtube so maybe its a bit stiffer than most, but this fork reminds me of my first ride on the older 36's from fox. Really stiff, performed flawlessly with 2 mins of adjusting both positive and negative air chambers, point and shoot, inspires confidence for sure. About $400-$500 cheaper than comparable fox too. Big improvments from my Pike 454 in the comsmetic and lightness along with nobs are strurdier. Weight is really low, like 3.89 lbs.

Favorite Trail:   Big Boulder, Paully Creek, Lloyds, Manzanita trail