RockShox Recon XC Race Solo Air 2010 Forks

• Upper Tubes: 32mm, 7000 Series Straight Wall Aluminum
  • Recommended Rear Shock: Ario 3.2

Submitted by MacHacked a Cross Country Rider from Santa Rosa, CA, United States

Date Reviewed: February 4, 2012

Strengths:    Very stiff and plush. Much much better than the Dart3 that I upgraded from. This fork has improved my riding confidence by a large margin now that the front wheel is getting better traction on the rough areas.
Options for either Rim or Disc brakes.

Weaknesses:    A bit heavy, but still lighter than what I came from.

Bottom Line:
Great option for it's price range. This air fork has very smooth travel and makes you a better rider. The Turn Key lockout is easy to reach.

Favorite Trail:   Annadel State Park

Purchased At:   BlueSkyCycling.com

Similar Products Used:   RockShoc Dart3

Bike Setup:   Specialized Rockhopper Large, 26' wheels. Avid Rim brakes, FSA Gravity crank, X.7 Shifters and derailuers. Forte Pisgah tire Front, Panaracer Fire XC 2.1 Rear. 30.5lbs.

Submitted by Smidy a Weekend Warrior from West Virginia

Date Reviewed: June 24, 2010

Strengths:    Very Stiff

Weaknesses:    None yet.

Bottom Line:
The bike I bought came with a Rock Shox Tora and after two breakdowns Rock Shox was cool enough to send this fork back in its place. I have only ridden it once but I must add it is night and day from the fork my bike came with. Much more stiff and much smoother operation. Time will only tell if it is beefier then the Tora but for now it seems good. Also major props to Rock Shox for really coming through. I will be a repeat customer for years to come.

Purchased At:   Company Bicycle

Similar Products Used:   Rock Shox Tora.

Submitted by Sam a Weekend Warrior from Colorado Springs

Date Reviewed: April 15, 2010

Strengths:    Nice predictable feel. It's rigid - little or no flex with my 190 pounds. Remote lockout. Looks nice.

Weaknesses:    None found yet. So far, so fun!

Bottom Line:
Once I found the air pressure that worked best for my riding style and weight, Things were great! I check the pressure every once in a while but have rarely added air. Bottom line - It does what is promised for an affordable price. For the money, I think it would be hard to beat.

CS West's service, ordering and attitude can't be beat!!!

Favorite Trail:   Colorado

Purchased At:   CS West Bikes

Bike Setup:   GT I-Drive 4.0. Recently upgraded to Juicy 7 discs, Deore wheelset and this fork.

A new Recon XC Solo Air 2010 vs Reba Race 2009

While still being on the market for a good affordable fork for my hardtail I was offereed two options: 1. RS Recon XC Solo Air 2010, 120mm travel - new bike take-off - including postage (overseas) and local VAT may swing up to approx. 380 USD 2. RS Reba Race 2009, very lightly used (according to t ... Read More »