RockShox Boxxer Team 2010 Forks

• Lowers: Magnesium, Maxle DH 20mm
  • Crown: Forged, 6061 T-6 aluminum

Submitted by Josh a Downhiller

Date Reviewed: December 27, 2012

Strengths:    SMOOTH! very plush fork, every adjustment works as it should. Awesome weight and a nice amount if stiffness. Will tackle any terrain.

Weaknesses:    Rebound knob falls off! I lost mine on the trail, but this has been fixed in 2011, i upgraded to the 2011 rebound cartridge. high maintenance (as is fox 40). They have be known to come out of the box with no grease or splash lube. Hardly any purchase on spring top cap for a spanner/socket, bottom out knob grub screws round easy, bottom out adjustment is useless, wind it all the way offit just limits the final travel.

Bottom Line:
Very impressed with the boxxer, have had friends compliment these coming off 2010 world cups and fox 40s. While 40's do seem to get great reviews, I can't complain about the performance of the teams. I also prefer these of over world cups, as the world cups are very stiff initally and also ramp up too much. get the spring for your weight and service them about every month for best performance and you'll love these!

Similar Products Used:   2008 boxxer teams.

Submitted by jmm337 a Downhiller from Christchurch New Zealand

Date Reviewed: September 6, 2011

Strengths:    Lots of adjustability. Stiff

Weaknesses:    Seal was leaking on very first ride, warranty sorted that out. Loads of stiction in the fork, felt like bushings were too tight, sent back to warranty another 3 times, but the problem never went away. Now the fork is under a year old and the sanctions are beginning to wear! This wont be replaced under warranty as its "normal wear and tear".

Bottom Line:
poor quality control. poor warranty.

Favorite Trail:   Mt hutt, dirt park, queenstown

Purchased At:   Chain reaction cycle

Similar Products Used:   2009 Boxxers, marz 66

Bike Setup:   Stock 2010 giant glory

Submitted by funkyfunpuff a Downhiller from New York, NY.

Date Reviewed: May 3, 2011

Strengths:    Adjustability, Additional Springs Included with Order, Technical Resources Online.

Bottom Line:
Like everyone else, I was concerned that my fork would not have the correct amount of oil in it. So, on day one, I did a quick service. Like many other reviews I have read, my Boxxer didn’t have the correct amount of grease or fork oil. That kind of bummed me out, but I expected it after reading the reviews.

That being said, after I serviced the fork lowers, I have been 100% happy with the feel of the fork. In my option, the Boxxer rides so much nicer than what I ever got with my 888s. I have approximately 30hrs of riding on the fork and so far, I am very happy with my purchase. In addition, I have been bracketing the adjustments over the last two days and I am very happy with the setups I am able to achieve. I hope this information was helpful. Best of luck.

Purchased At:   eBay

Similar Products Used:   2005 888 RC, 2006 888 RC2, 2007 888 WC

Bike Setup:   Intense 951 w/Fox RC4

Submitted by specilizedrider23 a Downhiller from victoria,bc,canada

Date Reviewed: June 1, 2010

Strengths:    for is great love it

Weaknesses:    broke crown on lowers but was replaced under manfacture warranty falults in the metal.

Bottom Line:
sick fork get it worth every $

Favorite Trail:   any trail at whistler

Purchased At:   russ hays

Bike Setup:   specilized big hit too much to list every thing is aftermarket

Submitted by Shiro Utsuri a Weekend Warrior from Tabaco City, Philippines

Date Reviewed: March 11, 2010

Strengths:    Smoothness, adjustability, the looks

Weaknesses:    none, but i think it would be better if the stanchions is bigger. 38mm or 40mm would be more appealing.

Bottom Line:
better than Fox40 in terms of smoothness and adjustability. but in terms of after market product support here in the Philippines, I will say that Fox is number 1. but considering that both forks have the same service centers, I will say that Boxxer is a better fork.

Purchased At:   LyfCycle

Similar Products Used:   08 Fox 40, 2010 Fox 40

Submitted by andyb721 a Downhiller from Squamish

Date Reviewed: October 29, 2009

Strengths:    Supple, Adjustability, stiff,

Bottom Line:
After hearing of all the trouble people were having with this fork I was a little worried. Once the update rebound and what not kits came out though I was all in. With all the problems going on I decided to rebuild before use. To my surprise it was unnecessary as the correct amount of oil was in these already and they felt great! I did lube up the bushings and the seals to get them nice a wet as I don't think they come lubed enough from the factory. But they had the same amount of lube as any other fork I have owned so they would have been fine... I just like em real wet! Great fork Rides super well, amazing traction but can also be set up to be lively as well.

Favorite Trail:   19th Hole

Purchased At:   Bike Co

Similar Products Used:   08 Totem, 08 Boxxer team, 07 Boxxer team, 07 Marzocchi 66

Bike Setup:   Cove Shocker, 2010 boxxer, Avid codes, Sram drivetrain, ringle wheelset and minion dhf 2.5 f/r

Submitted by jase76 a Downhiller from Sydney Australia

Date Reviewed: October 3, 2009

Strengths:    Light, Stiff, excellent adjustability and dampening.

Weaknesses:    Nil oil in lowers and no grease on seals from the factory.
Support from Monza in Australia (Importers) is poor, the warranty replacement parts are supposed to be sent out and fitted by either the LBS or the user (at least thats what I can gather occurred in the US). Instead Monza is forcing users to send the forks back to them for this service and making users pay postage as well, this also leads to more time off the bike waiting for postage etc. They have also been VERY quiet about the warranty parts most people I know who run these forks don't know there are free warranty replacement rebound carts available.

Bottom Line:
These are very good when they're working. As far as after sales support, I'd look for something different if you're in Australia.
My next shock and fork will most likely not be Rockshox products, I'll more than likely go with BOS, extra $$ but far better levels of quality control and customer service.
If it was simply based on the ride of the Fork they'd get 5 chillis from me, but after the shenanigans from the Australian Distributor of Rockshox I simply can't give a higher review than 3 chillies. Its shabby, you've lost a customer.

Similar Products Used:   07 Boxxer Race. 08 Boxxer World Cup. 08 Travis.

Bike Setup:   Rotec RL9, Vivid Shock.

Submitted by 8664 a Weekend Warrior from switzerland

Date Reviewed: September 21, 2009

Strengths:    light stiff plush

Weaknesses:    no lubrications in from factory, but after a rebuild "small service at home" the fork works smooth!!

Bottom Line:
i like the beginning and ending rebound best fork for the money!

Favorite Trail:   all

Similar Products Used:   none!

Bike Setup:   coce std race setup

2015 Boxxer Team w/ Charger damper, $980 to your door!

Get it fast, they'll get wise to it after the first couple of units :) [url=http://www.bikepartsexpress.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=BPE&Product_Code=FK7726&Category_Code=]RockShox BoXXer Team Fork, 26", 200mm, Coil, Maxle DH, Charger DH RC, Black, A1[/url] Use code "newbie" for ... Read More »

BoXXer World Cup Vs. Team Vs. RC

all i see in difference on the website is the weight. i can't actually find any real difference between the three besides price and weight. what is the real difference because there has to be more than that.Read More »

Boxxer Team and RC springs interchangeable?

Hi there, I have a 2014 Boxxer RC and I'm looking for a medium spring (mine came with a firm). I've found a medium spring for sale from a Boxxer Team, does anyone know if this will fit in my fork? Thanks :) ______________________________________________Read More »

Please advise my Boxxer Team instalation

[ATTACH=CONFIG]835738[/ATTACH] Could anyone advise if its ok to install my boxxer like this?? Thanx before.. :)Read More »

2004 Rockshox Boxxer Team Help

Hello MTBR, On my old Raleigh Ram Xt 2500 (Similar to a Stinky), i have a 2006 Marzocchi Drop Off 3 which is a single crown 150mm air fork. I use this bike for downhill, and its been working great so far, but i'd like a bit extra travel in front. Ive been looking for a while, and a 2004 rockshox b ... Read More »