Marzocchi 66 RC3 Ti 2010 Forks

The 180mm travel 66 RC3 Ti featured adjustable rebound and hi & low speed compression damping, mechanical pre-load with a low pressure air valve for small pre-load adjustments. A Titanium main spring helps to keep the weight down with alternative rate springs available from launch.

Submitted by treebasher a Weekend Warrior from Vancouver BC

Date Reviewed: April 19, 2010

Strengths:    Super plush, highly tunable (and only one spring weight), light weight, and the quick release! Marzocchi answered my emails on fork tuning in two hours - very helpful!

Weaknesses:    none found yet with the actual fork. The Marzocchi manuals are absolutely useless as far as tuning tips or even basic explanation of 'RC3', so unless you have a lot of time to play around randomly with the non-intuitive adjustments, best to email the company reps.

Bottom Line:
I used to like the '07 and earlier Marzocchi products, but took a break from them in '08 and '09 while they went through their 'growing pains' of Asian manufacturing. In January 2010, I was looking for a new single crown, and wanted to try the brand new 'back to the way we used to be' Marzocchis. This fork is phenomenal, and exceeded my expectations - an obvious upgrade from the Totem coils I was using, and a lot lighter than even my old ATA. I have no recollection of ever bottoming out, even though the rubber washer shows I've used all the travel on a few occations - it's that smooth. I'd almost believe I was using a dual crown Fox if it wasn't for the fact I could turn my handlebars all the way around. This fork completely blows Totems out of the water.