Marzocchi 55 RC3 Titanium 1.5 2010 Forks

• 160mm Travel
  • Titanium Spring
  • 1,5" Alloy Steer Tube and Crown
  • 6” Post Mount (Max Disc 8”)
  • 20mm quick release axle

Marzocchi 55 RC3 Titanium 1.5 2010 Forks Pro Review

For the last several months, I have been bashing the new 2010 Marzocchi 55 RC3 Titanium through the wringer, and the titanium coil fork, with its shiny Nickel coated stanchions, has the legendary Zocchi buttery feel, and the fantastic linearity of a coil, and the apply named Bomber certainly fits the bill. The 55 RC3 Ti has 160mm of travel, and uses their open bath RC3 cartridge damper, which offers excellent lubrication, cooling and damping properties, and uses slotted bushings for improved oil ?ow. Continue reading →

Submitted by akrull a Downhiller from vancouver, bc, canada

Date Reviewed: October 13, 2011

Strengths:    Marzocchi 55 RC3 Ti - light and plush and supple. No comment on maintenance yet.

Weaknesses:    bad reputation from 2008&2009 product years

Bottom Line:
This fork is impressive. I have ridden a jr. t (2003) for about 6 years prior. Jr. T was amazingly maintenance free but only actuated for big hits and due to cryo-fit tubing was super loud. The 55 RC3 Ti is so so much more supple it made me realize how much the Jr. T sucked!

55 feels way more at home. Tighter axle to crown (547mm for the 160mm fork) and it's simple to setup and understand. My 160lbs weight is perfect for stock - zero air pressure in the right leg. It's really the perfect shore trail fork. If maintenance becomes an issue, I will come back and trash this review but so far, I'm impressed. It does seem to be a sweet spot for value - bad reputation had punished their retail costs. If the fork lasts, it's the best high end value I've spent on a bike next to my chris king gear.

Favorite Trail:   immonator - skinny!

Similar Products Used:   Jr T 2003

Bike Setup:   Uzzi SLX 2003 -

Submitted by eshew a Weekend Warrior from Seattle

Date Reviewed: August 31, 2011

Strengths:    This review is for the 1 1/8" steerer version. Supple. This fork soaks up everything! Rebound & Compression conrols work fantastic. Have this set with everything within 3 clicks from open.

Weaknesses:    08 & 09 model years ging Marzocchi a bad name. Could possibly make you ride faster and drop bigger than you ever have (if thats a weakness)

Bottom Line:
This fork is beautiful. Plush, adjustable, and I'm hoping will take after my 04 Z1. Ridden hard for years with no maintenence. Time will tell, but unless u see another review I expect this fork to last me for a decade without issues. My 2001 Z3 is as good as new. My 04 Z1 130mm is the benchmark, havent even changed the oil (although I will now that it's off the bike).

In an ideal (pre 08/09 Marzocchi) world this fork should last me a decade atleast. I'm not a pro but I ride hard. I'm not into the big drops like I was when Whistler & the NS was 2 hours away. But I have no doubt that this fork will take 6 footers with ease with the right adjustments. This fork melts the trail. Prior to this fork I would not only see the trail but feel it. With this fork the trail feels almost numb ( in a good way, confidence inspiring). Blasting down the trail it feels as if nothing can stop me. 6" root or rock feels like a blip on the radar. This fork makes me ride faster & and makes gnarly terrain feel like a joy ride.

Favorite Trail:   Growlers & Galbraith

Purchased At:   Online

Similar Products Used:   95 Quadra, 98 Judy, 2000 & 2001 Z3, 02 DJ1. 04 Z1 FR & Super T Pro.

Bike Setup:   08 Kona Dawg Frame. RP23 rear everything else bought built to last from 2005-2011

Submitted by Crankmiester a Weekend Warrior from Salt Lake City, UT, USA

Date Reviewed: December 20, 2010

Strengths:    Super strong, plush, easy to use and just plain awesome.

Weaknesses:    Heavy... but I expected that. Lighter riders would have a hard time getting full travel because spring is so stiff. But I'm just over 200 and works perfectly.

Bottom Line:
This is the best 180mm Fork I have used. It is built tougher than the others but because of the titanium spring it is smooth and doesn't way more. The shock travel is really progressive and it ramps up perfectly at the end of the travel so you never feel like you are bottoming out. The front end is so stiff it feels every bit as good as the fox 40 I used on porcupine rim. I wasn't a fan of Marzocchi until I bought this fork... now I think it will be all that I buy.

Plus I got a killer deal on the fork. $600! That is half the cost! And it shipped directly from the Marzocchi Warehouse in Valencia CA. I'm super pleased with this fork and Greenfishadventure.

Favorite Trail:   Porcupine Rim, Amasa Back, Bobsled

Purchased At:   greenfishadventuresp

Similar Products Used:   Totem Coil, Fox Van 36, Fox 40.

Bike Setup:   Titus El Guapo 2010, Hammerschmidt Freeride, Marzocchi 66 rc3 ti, Crank Brothers Joplin, Avid Code 203mm.