Manitou Minute MRD 2010 Forks

Submitted by SGexpat a Weekend Warrior from Singapore

Date Reviewed: July 6, 2011

Strengths:    Light, usable travel, track nicely, seals.

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
I really like this fork, feels smooth through the travel, compliant over small bumps and was relatively easy to dial in. Replaced the R7's which are good race forks but flexy, and the improvement to the turn-in and stability of the whole front end is really noticeable. It really feels like the front wheel is now laser-guided and tracks the terrain. No reliability issues so far.

Favorite Trail:   Singapore

Similar Products Used:   Rockshox recon Solo Air, Manitou R7

Bike Setup:   Kona Kula Primo, Xero Wheels, carbon bars

Submitted by thnkfst a Racer from Central Coast CA

Date Reviewed: October 6, 2010

Strengths:    Super smooth, light eats up the rocks and bumps perfectly

Weaknesses:    Took a while to dial but once I foud the perfect settings it performs well

Bottom Line:
I'm real happy with this fork. It performs better than any Fox Fork I've ridden

Favorite Trail:   Morning Glory

Purchased At:   Direct

Similar Products Used:   Fox Talas

Bike Setup:   09 Giant Anthem

Submitted by GlazedHam a Cross Country Rider from San Antonio

Date Reviewed: June 2, 2010

Strengths:    Stiff, Light, Full Travel, variable platform, warranty

Weaknesses:    None on this model, but I had 2007 version of this fork that made a clicking sound.

Bottom Line:
I had some problems getting the upgraded damper in my older Manitou fork installed by my local mechanic. Manitou ask me to send it to them ...at their expense. Unexpectedly and completely beyond the scope of the warranty (and without me asking), Manitou sent me the 2010 model at no cost. They even Fed Ex-ed it!!!. I don't recall ever mentioning any urgency, so it simply blew me away. It did come two days before our State Championship, maybe they monitor these things ...who knows.

Having said all that ...I may be a bit biased :) The fork is buttery smooth, super lite and stiff. I have not yet got full travel, but I just haven't hit anything big enough. To be honest I have not measured how much travel I'm getting. But a visual inspection of the marker indicates that I'm getting a lot more than the Fox Talas is getting. The best thing about the fork, relative to other forks, is the platform adjustment. I like being able to tune the fork during the ride without a pump.

The fork is so good, I'm thinking of replacing my DT Swiss rear shock with a Manitou.

Favorite Trail:   Flat Rock Ranch

Purchased At:   Warranty from Manufa

Similar Products Used:   I've used just about every fork out there since the beginning of suspension. Presently, I've got a Fox Talas and RockShox Sid SL.

Bike Setup:   Ibis Mojo SL with WTF build.