Fox Racing Shox 32 Talas 140 FIT RLC 2010 Forks

4.83/5 (6 Reviews)

Master the mountain using the 2012 Fox 32 Talas 140 FIT RLC disc fork. A re-tooled FIT RLC damper and improved air spring curves provide more usable travel with lower compression ratios for better performance and durability.

Submitted by MCHEEN a Weekend Warrior from Jakarta, Indonesia

Date Reviewed: August 10, 2011

Strengths:    Easy to use external travel adjuster.

Weaknesses:    Plushness, lateral stiffness,

Bottom Line:
It's quite a good deal between epic climb and need of a medium-long travel fork. Anyways, if you don't really need that adjustibility that much go for fixed travel (or with an internal adjuster) for, felt a lotss more stable and stiff laterally.

Purchased At:   BMTB

Similar Products Used:   Revelation

Bike Setup:   Banhee Spitfire

Submitted by sarvis a Cross Country Rider from Nevada

Date Reviewed: June 15, 2011

Strengths:    Plush, reasonably light, adjustable everything

Bottom Line:
Loving this shock. I don't know how I rode all those years without one. I've always ridden XC-specific rigs that were light and twitchy and although the R7 and Duke were both great shock in their own rights, neither compares to the confidence of the TALAS. Crank it down and lock it out for climbing and my 5-inch trail bike climbs with the best, but open it up to the full 150 and I'm suddenly able to fly through the rock gardens and rail the loose rubble. Fricking amazing shock.

Favorite Trail:   Tahoe Rim

Similar Products Used:   Manitou R7 Elite, Rock Shox Duke, Fox TALAS 36

Bike Setup:   Titus Motolite, Easton Haven wheels, FSA carbon cranks, Sram X9 drivetrain,

Submitted by Jay04cobra a Weekend Warrior from Lakeland, Fl USA

Date Reviewed: June 20, 2010

Strengths:    Full travel, but never feels like it bottoms. Good rebound dampening, even though I run more pressure it still has enough rebound dampening

Weaknesses:    Heavier riders won't be able to achieve proper sag without bottoming

Bottom Line:
I feel this is an outstanding fork. My only opmplaint is that I'm 225lbs+gear, and I run 110psi in this fork. At 110psi I get almost 0 sag, but can use all the travel on a big hit. The good thing is I never notice if I use 75% travel, or use 99% travel. The fork flat out works. Have thought about sending the fork out to PUSH as I also need to send the rear shock out to get just a smidge more rebound dampening. Not unexpected for a big guy that rides hard.

Favorite Trail:   Alafia

Purchased At:   Winter Haven Bike sh

Similar Products Used:   multiple air and coil sprung lefty forks

Bike Setup:   '10 Els Epi, 140 TALAS RLC

Submitted by CasteelG a Cross Country Rider from Ogden, Utah, USA

Date Reviewed: September 23, 2009

Strengths:    Stiff, plush, and easy to adjust.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
This fork is sick.

There are some notable improvements over last year's model.
The two that I've noticed most are the much improved spring curve and low speed compression.

The new spring curve allows me to adjust my fork to a much greater degree and still get full travel.

The low speed compression is amazing this year. I have mine set to half (4 clicks) for most of the riding I do and it drastically reduces brake dive and gives me a noticeable platform for pedaling but has very little effect on the plushness in the initial stroke. On certain rides, I'll back it out to full soft and I could swear that the fork is coil sprung. :)

Another thing I've noticed, is that this fork is much better with chatter than last years. Another very big + for me.

This is easily the best all around fork I've ever used. I recommend it to anyone that is looking for a mid-travel fork.

Purchased At:   eBay

Similar Products Used:   '09 32 Talas 140 RLC

Bike Setup:   '09 Stumpjumper Pro frame, Chris King hubs, SLX Crankset, X.9 Drivetrain.

Submitted by Blur Delight a Cross Country Rider from San Diego, CA

Date Reviewed: September 15, 2009

Strengths:    Awesome on-the-fly adjustability

Bottom Line:
This shock is awesome. Mtn biking has gone from fun to pure ecstasy. Don't settle for 2nd best.

Similar Products Used:   Fox Float RLC

Bike Setup:   Santa Cruz

Submitted by Grouchdog a Weekend Warrior from Orange County, CA

Date Reviewed: August 28, 2009

Strengths:    Smooth, light and stiff.

Weaknesses:    None so far.

Bottom Line:
Awesome product that inspires confidence. The travel adjust is simple enough to use on the fly. The weight is low, and the 15mm thru axle is easy to use and feels much more stiff. World of difference from what I've had/used.

Purchased At:   Tryon Bike