Fox Racing Shox 32 F-Series FIT RLC 2010 Forks

4.2/5 (10 Reviews)

For 2010, we have turned inward, with a completely new design of the FIT RLC dampers. The FIT damper uses a unique bladder design, which provides the lowest possible friction for a sealed damper, reduces fluid aeration for enhanced suspension consistency, and reduces unsprung weight for faster wheel response and increased steering precision. From World Cup XC to week-long stage races and everywhere in between, the F-Series forks are the most versatile and desirable cross country forks available.

Submitted by Varaxis a Weekend Warrior from SoCal

Date Reviewed: December 14, 2011

Strengths:    Very adjustable
Easy/low maintenance
Stiffer than my last forks in this travel range for 29
Well damped and smooth rate of travel
Very low bob when attacking out of the saddle
Doesn't require certain hub nor limit stem length and handlebar choices
Very reliable

Weaknesses:    Initial stiction
Weight
Not as stiff as I'd like

Bottom Line:
Solid performing fork with great adjustability. It doesn't feel like it blows through the first half of travel as quickly as the Reba, but it doesn't feel as plush as a result. I will admit I either ran the Reba full open or full closed, since the oil sucking noise was kind of annoying. The Fox is much more behaved and has more usable travel that results in consistent performance over a large range of bumps. I like the low speed compression and it feels so nice without lockout that turning the lockout on for anything but asphalt feels extremely harsh.

I needed to service the oil to get rid of the initial stiction issues I had when I first got it, but I think it would've only needed a pillow pack worth of blue Fox Fluid in the air piston chamber to fix it.

I'm kind of spoiled by stiffer forks. It doesn't give me the confidence to go through rough sections at speed but when I do attempt them at a slower speed, which makes it more difficult, it can sling me from the flex if the wheel gets planted between obstacles a certain way.

Very hard to beat. For all the extra weight it has over competitors, I wonder where the fat is. I'd accept the weight if it were stiffer. Newer models seem to have improved slickness due to new seals and coating, but don't seem to have changed anything to affect stiffness besides new axle and steerer options, so I feel I can keep running this one or sacrifice some all around performance for a lighter fork if they get as good.

Favorite Trail:   San Juan

Similar Products Used:   RockShox Reba RL 29" 100, Fox 36 TALAS 160, RockShox Recon Silver TK, Cannondale Lefty Carbon Max PBR

Bike Setup:   Superfly 100

Submitted by bikegreece a Weekend Warrior from Athens

Date Reviewed: January 6, 2011

Strengths:    Lightweight

Weaknesses:    Stiffness

Bottom Line:
To flexy under braking. Maybe I am too heavy (200lbs) for FOX's lower weight forks but when I am braking even on the pavement the fork vibrates at lower speeds. I can also feel some flex in the trail as it doesn't really takes you where you are targeting. I swap with my 2006 Fox RLC and it is much more precise. The FIT works fine on this one.

Favorite Trail:   all

Purchased At:   Giant shop

Similar Products Used:   Lots

Bike Setup:   Anthem

Submitted by etanc a Cross Country Rider from AZ

Date Reviewed: December 18, 2010

Strengths:    Great performance from the first ride. The seals break in quickly and slow speed sensitivity is very good. The 15qr is a noticeable improvement.

Weaknesses:    I will probably want the next version. It's some kind of bike addiction.

Bottom Line:
Choosing a Fox fork has been an easy decision since they have hit the mt bike market. Getting the 15qr version has really made a difference in how solid the fork feels. It tracks great and gives even more confidence when traveling at speed over rocks that can deflect a lesser fork. Smooth and solid. Great fork.

Similar Products Used:   Rock Shox on demo bike.

Bike Setup:   Turner Flux.

Submitted by Veda a Racer from Indonesia

Date Reviewed: November 9, 2010

Strengths:    Best performing race fork at any price?

Weaknesses:    Need time to adjust the settings. But that's what Terralogic is for.

Bottom Line:
Takes time to tune the settings but it's probably the best fork and happens to be one of the lightest out there. I don't usually give super ratings but this product clearly deserves it. I heard this is even better than the new Terralogic that's problematic.

Similar Products Used:   Rockshox, Suntour, RST

Bike Setup:   Spark 30 + Titus X

Submitted by chtorres2 a Weekend Warrior from Denver, Co

Date Reviewed: September 22, 2010

Strengths:    Versatile adjustments. Pretty stiff and light for XC use. Comes in 80,100,120mm tapered and 15QR.

Weaknesses:    Striction first couple months, Fox quality control with oil levels and foreign objects in lowers ( will explain later) Fit damper cant be pushed at least for now (9/22/2010). Fit damper is really complicated for self service. Doesnt come in a 130mm travel. Does not use all of its 120mm travel. Just like anything good in the biking industy be ready to sell your kidney in the black market to be able to afford it.

Bottom Line:
I have the 120mm, tapered and 15Qr model. Great fork for XC. Its pretty smooth, stiff (especially tapered w/ 15QR) and takes hits pretty well. Stiction will be present in the early brakein periods. After that it performs well. I find myself barely using the lockout function at all because theres very little bob if any when pedaling and climbing. If you prefer to hit harder trails with drops and more all mountain terrain go with the Talas with 140-150mm travel. The 120mm suits the more XC side of riding. It can still handle ruff terrain like the talas but the feel is more harsh. Oil changes are easy to do except for the Fit damper. There are to many small parts to mess with and the procedure is a bit complicated. This damper cant be Pushed for rider weight. It can only be rebuilt. I dont know if they will be completly pushing them any time soon. There is a bit of stiction when new. I just rode the living hell out of it and applied some fox fluid to the dust wipers and it helps. At first setting up sag suck becausee the stiction would give me a differeent sag read every time I sat on the bike. Now for my biggest ccomplain :quality control. When I opend up my fork 2 months after getting it with my bike (i rode the hell out of it so I wanted to know how my oil levels were because of so many stories heard of the lack of oil in them) the oil levels were ok but in the damper side lowers I found 1 of the little wire bands that are on the external top part of the dust wipers just chillin in there. I also found what looked like 2 pieces of transperent tape. How the hell does that get in there and you dont notice it. Im only going to take in consideration how the product performs now after the break in period. My botttom line is I love this fork. It performs perfectly ( after brakein) and its great for its intended use. Value is 3 chilis because none should have to pay so much for a fork. Overall 5 because its perfect for XC to light all mountain use.

Favorite Trail:   Buffalo Creek

Purchased At:   Treads @ Lakewood

Similar Products Used:   Fox f120 RL, Rock Shox Sid and Reba

Bike Setup:   Trek Fuel EX9 2010. Schwalne Racing Ralph and Nobby Nic 2.25 SS, DT Swiss XM1550 Tricons, EEaston EA90 stem and EA70 Riser Bar, Crank Bros Joplin Seat, Sram XX Drivetrain

Submitted by CrotchRot a Downhiller from Irvine, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: June 6, 2010

Strengths:    Lightweight, and the QR15 setup looks kinda cool.

Weaknesses:    STICKY AS HELL. I have done the normal breakin rides, and it does not seem to be changing. A bit of internet searching has revealed this to be a big problem with the FIT forks. Real bummer. I've read that if you jam a whole bunch of lube under the dust seals that it helps for a while, but also weeps out onto the stantions. Also, the QR15 design doesn't really have a way to center the axle when tightening. This is just a piece of crap.

Bottom Line:
Don't buy it. I have typically been a Marzocchi guy, so I obviously prefer a plush fork, but I rode a Fox F120 on my XC bike for about a year, and it was WAY BETTER than this overpriced turd. I don't know if it will break in any more or not, but it is totally unnacceptable for a fork with this much time on rocky trails, to still feel this way.

Favorite Trail:   Can't choose

Similar Products Used:   Almost everything

Submitted by bagz007 a Racer from Ontario

Date Reviewed: May 8, 2010

Strengths:    This is for the 100mm model that came with my Blur XCc. Great looks, super stiff, adjustability, easy sag set-up, hose clip keeps brake line secure and clean looking.

Weaknesses:    Stiction. I've read people here have had this fork running 'smooth out of the box'. Not mine, carzy stiction for the first 5-6 hours of riding since new, and the majority of the stiction has gone away, but it's still there and noticeable. Maybe it's still not broken in yet after 6 hours of riding. If it doesnt go away son I'll be giving Fox a call.

Bottom Line:
Never had a single problem with Fox products (even with their motocross forks). Still not sure if this stiction deal is really a problem or becasue the fork is just not broken in yet. I just dont see how some come silky smooth out of the box and others have the stiction issue (I've read about similar issues with the FIT damper models in the forums)For a $700 fork I think that's unnacceptable. I guess time will tell. Besides this issue, great fork.

Favorite Trail:   Pontiac Lake

Thomson post/stem
Shimano XT

Submitted by Soulboy a Cross Country Rider from Colchester

Date Reviewed: November 8, 2009

Strengths:    Easy setup: steerer easy to cut with pipe-cutter; comprehensive documentation; easy sag-setting/adjustment; neat p-clip for hose. Light (1422g). Looks great, esp. in white! Performs beautifully.

Weaknesses:    Some way from the inexpensive end of the price scale.

Bottom Line:
Early days yet, but feels great right out of the box and has transformed my Epic already. Supple over sharp bumps, but handles larger undulations with aplomb. Stiff & light.

Favorite Trail:   Nant yr Arian

Purchased At:   eBay

Similar Products Used:   Reba Team (+300g and I could never achieve a fully satisfactory set-up); F100X (didn't like platform)

Bike Setup:   '07 Epic Carbon/XTR/Hope/Thomson/Easton/Jones ACX

Submitted by NobleEarth a Cross Country Rider from Singapore

Date Reviewed: September 26, 2009

Strengths:    Good feedback. Once its dailed in to your liking, there isn't a need to tweak anymore

Weaknesses:    Fork stickers - the labels should be printed on like other brands rather than stickers. Looks low-end with the stickers

Bottom Line:
Good fork, eats the bumps when you are trashing yourself down inclines. makes your ride smooth, makes you want to go faster. Stiff as well, great for single tracks. Purchase only if you have the $, good investment.

Favorite Trail:   BT, Track 15, Butterfly, Scorpion

Bike Setup:   Santa Cruz Blur XC
Shimano XTs
Mavic Crossmax SL

Submitted by PEV a Cross Country Rider from los la CA. USA

Date Reviewed: August 2, 2009

Strengths:    This fork is Easy to tune,Very light weight, smooth out of the box, Fox quality

Bottom Line:
This fork is awesome, it's incredibly plush, smooth and rides great. Unbelievable stiff and responsive for such lightweight. Amazingly easy to set up. these forks give so much confidence The faster you push this fork the smoother it is. It begs to be ridden hard. The best fork I have ever owned hands down. It's worth every penny.

Favorite Trail:   All