Fox Racing Shox 32 F-Series FIT Remote 2010 Forks

With a flick of the thumb to its handlebar mounted remote, the 32 F-Series FIT Remote switches from full travel to locked out for enhanced climbing efficiency. The FIT Remote damper uses a unique bladder design, which provides the lowest possible friction for a sealed damper, reduces fluid aeration for enhanced suspension consistency, and reduces unsprung weight for faster wheel response and increased steering precision.

Submitted by redbeardrider a Cross Country Rider from Grande Prairie,AB Canada

Date Reviewed: April 4, 2010

Strengths:    The Shimano designed lock-out on the bar is perfectly thought out, works amazing, so comfortable. This is hands down the best XC fork I've ever owned.

Weaknesses:    It had a fair amount of sicktion when it was brand new. I wish the FIT lock out adjustment was on the remote version. Can't win them all I guess.

Bottom Line:
Absolutely impressed with the handling and traction put down by this fork. Once again I cringe at the price of fox stuff, but the performance blows me away. Beautiful product. Keep it up Fox!!

Purchased At:   Fourword Bike & Boar

Similar Products Used:   Rock shox SID W.C., Rock shox Reba race, Fox 32 float, Marzocchi 44 TST

Bike Setup:   Rocky Element team, Fox F-100 w/ remote, Fox RPL, Juicy 7 185mm, X0/X9 shifting, XT cranks, X0 cassette, Whipperman connex 908, XTR wheels.

Submitted by addctd2adrnlne a Racer from San Bruno, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: February 9, 2010

Strengths:    Very stiff chassis, remote lock out, Fox reliability. Cool hyrdaulic brake hose guide.

Weaknesses:    Could be a bit more plush, but only barely, more adjustability to the lock out lever position would be nice.

Bottom Line:
This fork tracks better than any other XC specific fork that I have owned or ridden and handles any trail with confidence. You can truly just point the bike where you want to go and the fork will handle it (with in reason, this is an XC fork).

The lock out works very well. Although I would have preferred a bit more lever position adjustability (I miss that from the SID I rode last year).

As far as the plushness of the fork goes, I do occasionally feel a bit of stiction when its been smooth for a while and I have a bigger hit (something I did NOT notice as much when I was using the Magura Durin or Rock Shox SID). But its pretty minor, I am being picky on that one.

So really, its a great fork for XC racers or anyone looking to build up a light weight XC bike, and you get legendary Fox reliability.

Favorite Trail:   Tamarancho Boy Scout Camp

Purchased At:   Summit Bicycles - Bu

Similar Products Used:   Fox F80X, Rock Shox SID '99, '05, and '09, and Magura Durin '08.

Bike Setup:   2010 Trek Top Fuel ABP 9.9 SSL - stock. Pedals - Crankbrothers Candy 2Ti