Magura Durin Race 2009 Forks

4.8/5 (5 Reviews)

The Magura Durin Race fork is a durable, lightweight cross-country fork that positioned itself with the top of the class in 2008. For 2009, it carries over in the line. Magura elected to keep the Dual Arch Design (DAD) on the Durin, refusing to cut that down in the search for weight savings, arguing that the added stiffness will more than make up for the extra weight. Stiff lowers track better, which makes us faster more than a few fewer grams will help us climb better.

Submitted by Nozes a Racer from Portugal

Date Reviewed: June 28, 2010

Strengths:    Stiff,plush,very good damping,easy to set up...light

Weaknesses:    Stickers! Do not pressure wash or they will fly away
The included remote lockout lever,doesn't even look designed by the same people,it is just wrong,fragile,not ergonomic at all...I don't use anyway.
Also not cheap,but definitly worth it.

Bottom Line:
This is the best fork I ever owned.So much better than the Sid Race,very plush and with much better feeling and confort,and still tracks better.
The remote lever is not what you would expect from a company like Magura,but I guess a Poploc from RS should work fine with this awesome suspension.

Favorite Trail:   the next one

Similar Products Used:   RS Sid XC '00,RS Recon SL '08,RS Sid Race '09

Bike Setup:   '08 Kona Four frame,ZTR Olympic,carbon,ti,blah blah blah...10,2kg!

Submitted by garzaaj a Cross Country Rider from San Antonio, TX, USA

Date Reviewed: November 4, 2009

Strengths:    I can tell you that this fork has performed above and beyond my expectations and then some. I ride a Specialized Hardrock Comp (Hardtail) and I felt nothing but the want to go faster down a hill few dare to do unless they had a full suspension bike.

Weaknesses:    I wish my fork came with a lockout switch, but thats no biggy, Ill just get one later.

Bottom Line:
Before this fork, my back was hurting from all the muscle I had to put into it. But an air Suspension fork with 100 mm of travel is more than you need to get any job done whether your dropping 2-5 ft ledges down a tricky single track or blazing through a rock garden that would make stonehenge look like cake. A Must have for Cross Country Racing!!!

Favorite Trail:   Government Canyon

Purchased At:   SageCyles.com

Bike Setup:   Specialized Hardrock Comp (Hardtail with most of the stock options on it)

Submitted by GarySimp a Racer from Texas

Date Reviewed: September 16, 2009

Strengths:    Extremely fast in sharp corners. Very Responsive. Easy lockout feature.

Bottom Line:
By far the most responsive light weight fork I have ever owned.

Favorite Trail:   Flat Rock Ranch

Purchased At:   Sage Cycles

Similar Products Used:   Rock Shox Revelation
Fox F80

Bike Setup:   Full Suspension Mountain Bike

Submitted by sasquatch2 a Cross Country Rider from New Jersey, USA

Date Reviewed: August 28, 2009

Strengths:    very plush but not too bouncy during hard efforts out of the saddle. lockout is awesome to have and the pre-sag feature seems to work in keeping traction while locked but I try to unlock when I'm in the bumps. Stiffness is great so it tracks well and it's light.

Weaknesses:    getting sick of white forks, I have ta stop buying them in white... I agree with the cheap sticker comment but most forks come with them so... only other weakness is the lockout lever takes a bit of thumb-effort. an assumed weakness (luckilly not experienced yet) is the lockout lever/mount seems like it sticks out so far that it would break in a bad crash, maybe.

Bottom Line:
lightweight and strong fork that works awesome and the price ain't bad!

Favorite Trail:   cannonball trail, ringwood NJ

Purchased At:   pricepoint.com

Similar Products Used:   Fox F80X, RockShox Duke

Bike Setup:   Yeti ASR-SL, Stan's 355 wheelset, SRAM X0 rear derailleur and twistys, shimano XT remaining drivetrain, truvative stylo 3.3, ritchey bar/stem, SDG I-beam post/I-fly saddle.

Submitted by sasfish a Cross Country Rider from avalon

Date Reviewed: July 4, 2009

Strengths:    very stiff in single track. smooth and feel fast

Weaknesses:    none so far. Maybe the stickers are cheap

Bottom Line:
For the cash hard to beat if possible. Every fork has its job and this ones is to go fast.

Favorite Trail:   THE DAM