Fox Shox 32 Vanilla RLC 2009 Forks

• 5.5"(140 mm) of travel
  • Integrated disc brake cable guide
  • Post style disc brake mount
  • Ergonomic lockout lever(RLC)
  • Externally adjustable lockout force(RLC)

Submitted by viper82 a Cross Country Rider from baguio city

Date Reviewed: February 3, 2011

Strengths:    coil spring

Weaknesses:    too much setup and adjustment

Bottom Line:
chip, durable and smooth coil spring fork i ever tried.

Favorite Trail:   anything trail with downhills

Purchased At:   second hand

Similar Products Used:   none so far

Bike Setup:   da bomb castle bravo

Submitted by mitchman1982 a Racer from Chattanooga, TN

Date Reviewed: September 15, 2010

Strengths:    Price, I went the old oil fork route for price, and have not been dissappointed, good suspension and pretty smooth, more adjustment than I care for. A good fork should only have a lockout in my opinion

Weaknesses:    slightly heavier than any air fork. I wish it had a remote lockout on the handlebar.

Bottom Line:
Great fork for the $$$, durable, smooth, and oil forks have been tested for 20 years now. We will see how the air forks hold up to time.

Favorite Trail:   the new one

Similar Products Used:   Marzocchi forks

Bike Setup:   old SC Chameleon SS setup for XC riding.

Submitted by forrest25 a Cross Country Rider from aviano

Date Reviewed: August 14, 2009

Strengths:    good looks, durability, light weight,

Bottom Line:
I'm sure any FOX product is great, but these vanillas are the heat. I paid the extra money and I got the 15mm QR and if you don't mind looking around for a hub to fit it, I would do the same. The Shocks absorb anything you throw at them. Ive 5ft drop offs or rocks in the middle of the trail, they soak up everything. Really easy to adjust the lockout and the rebound. Do your self a favor and spend the extra money and get yourself some vanillas.

Favorite Trail:   anything going down

Purchased At:   jensonusa

Bike Setup:   Santa Cruz Blur LT (size LG), Fox RP23 in the rear.

Submitted by lightplay a Cross Country Rider from Sparta NJ

Date Reviewed: August 7, 2008

Strengths:    Ease of setup and use.

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
AN excellent fork. After three air forks, the last one (pike) developed a squeaky crown, I decided to go back to a coil. The vanilla rlc is very easy to set up. No more adjusting air pressures and contaminating the front hydros with sprits of oil. I dialed in sag, set blow off and rebound and I'm done. I forgot how smooth a coil fork is. It really matches the rear shock (swinger 3way) on the reign, I never could really balance the front and rear to my liking. That is a thing of the past. I now can go from 15% to 25% sag by adjusting prelode with a couple of turns and adding or subtracting 10 psi in the back. Very simple. What really amazes me with the vanilla is the compression circuit. VERY effective. 8 click setting but a huge differance between 1 and 8. I have been running at 20% sag and position 2 and experience no brake dive or front end diving in fast g turns. I did bottom the fork out off of a four foot'r to flat at speed, went back, added a couple of clicks compression and the fork reacted accordingly, no more bottom out. This really made my day. I now am able to run with more sag and adjust "compression" for the type of trail I am going to ride on a given day. No more added air to plus and minus chambers for a given ride. a Big plus in my book. For a fork that is so easy to setup there is heaps of high performance.
I just hope it stays together, time will tell.

Favorite Trail:   Kittatinny, Allamuchy