Fox Shox 32 Vanilla R 2009 Forks

• Adjustability: Rebound, Coil Spring Pressure
  • Travel: 140mm
  • Axle Type: Quick Release
  • Steer Tube Diameter: 1 1/8"
  • Brake Mount Type: Disc Only
  • Spring: Coil

Submitted by willhouse207 a Weekend Warrior from Gray Maine

Date Reviewed: August 5, 2011

Strengths:    plush, stiff

Weaknesses:    9mm qr

Bottom Line:
Just got it so i'm still in the honey moon phase. I'm loving it though. Much smoother than my old psylo, Gained 15mm of travel and barley affected my head tube angle. More travel, coil/oil instead of air, bigger sanctions, and it doesn't weigh any more according to my bathroom scale. Very stiff in the corners and inspires confidence. 9mm qr isn't ideal, but it allowed me to keep my current wheels.

Lack of compression adjustment is kinda a bummer, but its also the reason I could afford it. For value i give it 5 flamin chilis, but that probably wouldn't be the case new

Favorite Trail:   geet it going

Similar Products Used:   older rs psylo

Bike Setup:   enduro comp, juicy ultimiates, 2.35"s

Submitted by ralbert007 a Weekend Warrior from Cordoba, Argentina

Date Reviewed: October 28, 2010

Strengths:    Nice look, Stiff, super smooth, excellent reliability, light

Weaknesses:    mm..none so far

Bottom Line:
Excellent fork! First I was a little dissapointed with the way it work..It was a little hard (I thought that the spring was too hard for my weight) but a couple of rides later it softened enough. Just perfect.. I'm really don't need either lookout or compression control..

Similar Products Used:   Fox F100RL, RS Recon Race, RST Gila

Bike Setup:   Merida One-five-o 3000, DT X430 Rims

Submitted by davytmaxx a Weekend Warrior from fife

Date Reviewed: December 30, 2008

Strengths:    very solid dependable fork,does what it says on the box. i have the 15mm axle version on hope pro 2 hub with 185mm disc hope minis and i have felt ero flex on front end of bike under all kinds of terrain and braking. very smooth action and damping fits in really well with riding style for the fork. 15mm axle is so easy and fast to use but mega secure when done up,can't go far wrong once it's been setup first time which is dead easy too.

Weaknesses:    would like compression and lock out or even if it could be done as an upgrade at a later date

Bottom Line:
great fork for fit and forget i reckon in long run,great travel and feels strong enough for intended use,would buy again

Favorite Trail:   local

Purchased At:   came specced on bike

Similar Products Used:   used to be bike tech in large shop so ridden most of themincluding other fox and worked on them all too.

Bike Setup:   orange p7 pro

Submitted by Ericmopar a Weekend Warrior from Henderson NV.

Date Reviewed: November 11, 2008

Strengths:    It's the most rigid, 140mm quick release fork, I've ever ridden on.
Nothing really to go wrong with it, because it only has rebound and preload adjustments.
No stiction in our dry dusty conditions. It works consistently throughout a ride, without having to wipe down the stanchions.
It comes with firmer and softer spring rates and a star nut.
The rebound circuit, has a wide range of adjustment.
Light weight, for a coil fork in this travel range.

Weaknesses:    The compression damping, can only be changed with a change in oil weight. (I haven't found a reason so far, to change the compression damping.)

Bottom Line:
It just plain works. It's one of, if not the most rigid 140mm fork with 32 mm stanchions that I've ridden on.
It also stays extremely sensitive throughout a long ride in dusty conditions.
It tracks very well in sand and rock gardens.
I don't know if I'd freeride on it, but it's a helluva good, heavy duty, trail bike/extreme XC fork.
The new post mounts for the brake caliper, make setup and install much easier. That's one thing, that Hayes and Manitou had gotten right years ago.
The Vanilla 32 140R, is a great match with my Swinger coil on the rear. The bike is extremely well balanced now.
Buy it, if you want a simple fork that works well without a lot of crap added to it.
It's also a fantastic choice, if you ride really rocky, chunky terrain.

I'm giving it 4.5 chili's overall, because I honestly don't believe, there is anything like it in it's class.
It would get 5, if it came with compression adjust without a lockout.

Favorite Trail:   Bootleg Canyon

Purchased At:   Online

Similar Products Used:   Manitou Minutes.
Rock Shox Pike.(demo)It had a nice feel.

Bike Setup:   06 Mountain Cycle San Andreas Classic with a Swinger 3 Way coil.

Fox 32 Vanilla R, 140mm travel work with 650b?? Conversion on my Prophet

Hi, I have a Cannondale prophet 3 with a Fox 32 Vanilla R, 140mm travel on the front. Anyone use that fork with a 650 b front wheel? I'm sure the back wheel would work , tons of clearance with a 2.3 Nevagal.Read More »

Lowering a 32 Vanilla R

Hey guys, quick question. I got an 08 or 09 Vanilla R 140mm in a trade. I was looking for something lower in travel to put on my hard tail, but this is what I got. I've read both that you have to cut the spring and than put spacers in, and that you don't have to cut the spring, and you can lower it ... Read More »

2007 Fox 32 Vanilla R

How are these forks for XC/AM. with the medium spring in it how does it feel? are these awesome forks ??? :rockon:Read More »

Pike 454 coil versus 32 Vanilla R

I was ready to get the Pike for a chumba XCL when I ran across a great deal on a Vanilla R which includes a Chris King headset; both for about $100 less than the Pike. I've seen that the Pike is highly recommended on the Chumba forum, but I also know that for years the Vanilla has been also highly ... Read More »

Fox 32 Vanilla R Fork for Specialized Enduro 130?

i'm considering replacing the stock marzocchi fork on my 2005 specialized enduro with a fox 32 vanilla R, but i don't have much know-how on forks, so i dunno if it's a good fit. i do xc and trail, and really want a fox vanilla fork, coz i used to have one on my old jamis dakar xlt (which was stolen) ... Read More »