SR Suntour SF7-M2025 2008 Forks

• Crown: Alloy
  • Steerer tube: STKM

Submitted by Watson a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: September 3, 2012

Strengths:    Smooth and stable while cycling , handle well in rocky road,light downhill, up hills also pretty smooth

Weaknesses:    No Lock , 63mm only

Bottom Line:
I have a raleigh diablo pro and this is the fork that come with the bike.The bike is pretty good and not very expensive for a cross country mountain bike.I used this bike on/off road everyday and it handle very well while cycling

Submitted by Stylishxone767 a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: May 24, 2009

Strengths:    Good for the cracks of the Kroger parking lot.

Weaknesses:    Cannot handle heavy trail use.

Bottom Line:
This fork is what came with my KHS Alite 150. I cannot really expect much from it considering its an entry level bike really only designed for the casual weekend rider. However in my case when I bought the bike I didnt expect to get soooo hooked on the sport. This fork has not held out very well as a result of 3 to 4 rides a week on trails. It makes a loud creeking noise now and the boots sheered off. I dont think I have bottomed it out, but I cant say for sure. I plan on upgrading the fork, mainly because I cant take the noises it makes anymore and hope for a little better ride. I cant say I have much to compare it to because im new to the sport, but I can say I have figured out quickly that its not meant for any type of serious rider.

Favorite Trail:   Island Lake

Purchased At:   Town & Country Bicyc

Bike Setup:   Stock, its the fork that came with the bike.

Submitted by JustaMan a Weekend Warrior from Minneapolis, MN

Date Reviewed: April 24, 2008

Strengths:    Absorbs bumps like it should!
Great matte finish to match the bike.
(basic Trek 3700)
Gets the job done plain and simple

Weaknesses:    potential to bottom out(but I haven't)
non-adjustable
only 63mm

Bottom Line:
these came on my trek 3700. They're not made to go off the trail. Plain and simple, they are great for biking on rough ashphalt, through traffic, and absorbing cracks in the pavement. Expecting these to stand up to anything more than that is ridiculous. I bike 15 miles one way to work every day, and about 5-10 one way for friends houses and 2 miles to grocer, gym etc. So I use it a lot and these have stood up well. Very good bike, very good shocks.

Favorite Trail:   Urban

Purchased At:   Penn Cycle

Bike Setup:   Trek 3700 w/ electric 500w commuter hub. Alivio Shift levers acera derailleur, basic set up.