RockShox Reba Team 2008 Forks

2.78/5 (9 Reviews)
Weight : 3.5 lbs

• 32mm aluminum upper tubes
  • All control knobs are machined aluminum
  • Motion Control damping
  • Infinitely tunable Dual Air spring
  • External rebound adjustment
  • Lightweight 7050 T-7 Aluminum crown

Submitted by Nts550 a Racer from West (nv, nm, ca)

Date Reviewed: May 30, 2010

Strengths:    ? It's supposed to work so none

Weaknesses:    Lock out prolems & flimsy (not a fox)

Bottom Line:
POS after less than 20 rides forks completely failed. First the lock out wouldn't disengage, then lost all compression and dampening. This thing sucks!!!

Purchased At:   Came on bike

Similar Products Used:   Dozens of forkz

Bike Setup:   X0 blur

Submitted by lindy 07 a Cross Country Rider from fort collins, co, 80526

Date Reviewed: December 20, 2009

Strengths:    nice in box

Weaknesses:    DURABILITY AND SRAM SUPPORT

Bottom Line:
Terrible product, quality control and customer service from SRAM. Shock failed after 40 hours of use. As a shop mechanic I tried to send this back for warranty repair after it siezed up and would not work. Called SRAM for a rma # and they would only send me a part(after a three week delay) for me to repair on my own for a damper seal problem that the "tech" assured me was the problem even though I thought it was not. Turned out to not be the damper seal problem this arrogant tech assured me it was and now there is a REBA in a dumpster and I will never buy a SRAM procuct again and advise every customer that comes into our store not to buy a bike with Rock shox on it.

Similar Products Used:   manitou, fox

Bike Setup:   Yeti asr

Submitted by ceaneysd a Cross Country Rider from San Marcos, CA

Date Reviewed: September 1, 2009

Strengths:    Adjustability, weight, and price

Weaknesses:    The product has locked out after less than 6 months of riding on it (no more than 30 miles per week)

Bottom Line:
I am quite displeased with this fork. I never had any issues with my marzochi nor my manitou. I rode them for years and I am probably going to go back to them shortly. They were bulletproof. I would not buy this fork again and probably won't buy another RockSHox product!

Favorite Trail:   Daley Ranch, Escondido, CA

Purchased At:   Performance

Similar Products Used:   Marzochi and Manitou Forks

Bike Setup:   Marin Team Ti, with a combination of SRAM and Shimano componentry.

Submitted by pierocapredoni a Cross Country Rider from Mendoza, Argentina

Date Reviewed: March 28, 2009

Strengths:    Weight, Adjustability, Quality

Weaknesses:    Leaks Oil when in inverted position (not only MY fork, all the others REBA Ive seen do the same)

Bottom Line:
This fork is really good deal. I'm in the heavy side of riders, at 220 lbs. So I think I use this fork rough. Pumped at 140lbs pos and 145 lbs neg, its a dream on rough terrain. Not very stiff but enough.

Favorite Trail:   Singletracks

Purchased At:   NeoBike

Bike Setup:   Giant Anthem full XT

Submitted by eexo a Weekend Warrior from Russia

Date Reviewed: December 7, 2008

Strengths:    very lite, works great, great flexibility.

Weaknesses:    fork started leaking oil within 4 months, developed knocking sound

Bottom Line:
Great product when it worked. Have to fix it now. It's a disappointment when not-so-cheap fork gets broken that soon.
Advice to a buyer: make sure that there is no oil at the bottom of the fork and the lockout works, otherwise you'll have problems with oil leaks.

Similar Products Used:   rst gila t7

Submitted by boogievoogie a Cross Country Rider from ukrain

Date Reviewed: November 4, 2008

Strengths:    very lite, a lot of ways to adjust, working great

Weaknesses:    none so far

Bottom Line:
I definitely recommend this fork, and sure buy it with poploc
good work on low speed, great work on fast movement. Really increases speed on bad surface

Similar Products Used:   RS tora, RS recon

Submitted by azDcab05 a Cross Country Rider from phoenix,az

Date Reviewed: October 27, 2008

Strengths:    great flexibility.

Weaknesses:    product broke in less them 2 months of riding. Fork seems permanently locked out. Sending it back under warranty.

Bottom Line:
Great product when it worked. I'm a concerned how soon the product failed. Hopefully the repair will be smooth and i just got a bad apple.

Favorite Trail:   somo

Purchased At:   online

Similar Products Used:   manitou splice

Submitted by petiot a Weekend Warrior from Montpellier

Date Reviewed: September 1, 2008

Strengths:    stiff, plush, adjustable, nice design, overall quality

Weaknesses:    compression damping system paired to lock-out systems, a pain to set up correcly

Bottom Line:
I had an giant anthem and bought this because I wanted something stiffer. And it was a lot stiffer, but the anthem geometry doesn't take 100 mm forks very well. When i changed frame, i really appreciated the potential of this fork: stiff, plush but not lazy. You can adjust it the way you want, but you ll need to spend some time for testing settings.

I don't really like the compression damping system which is linked to the lock out / flood gate systems: makes it awkward to set up and almost unusable. Just consider that this fork has no compression damping system and you ll be fine.

Apart from this, this is a really great fork, and a lot better than more expensive alternatives.

Purchased At:   TNC hamburg

Similar Products Used:   SID team

Bike Setup:   BMC FS01(scandium), race face, hayes, mavic ST

Submitted by Paul Smith a Cross Country Rider from Ukiah, CA USA

Date Reviewed: May 17, 2008

Strengths:    Extremely adjustable. Pushloc remote works flawlessly. Lockout still provides .5 inches of wheel travel. Great attention to detail by Rockshox

Weaknesses:    Would like to see an integrated front brake cable attachment. Don't relly like the zip-tie method

Bottom Line:
The Rockshox Reba Team w/Pushloc was a woderful upgrade to the Giant Anthem. The low speed compression harshness of the Fox F80 RL is gone! I'm sure the Fox RLC is much nicer with the stutter bumps. With the Reba set up @ 100mm the steering is a bit slower, but the plushness of the Reba is sweet. The Pushloc lockout is awesome. No more reaching down to the fork crown to actuate the lockout ( Fox now has a remote lockout for '09). Reba tracks beautiful after getting the positive and negative pressures correct. There are a ton of viewpoints on this subject!
I'm 180lbs. Pos. 110psi / Neg. 120psi