Manitou Minute Elite TPC 2008 Forks

4.75/5 (4 Reviews)

Minute ELITE tpc

• Category: High End Al 32mm
  • Travel: 100mm, 120mm, or 140mm
  • Wt. Lbs: 3.8 (100), 4.0 (120), 4.1 (140)
  • Wt. Grams: 1716 (100), 1821 (120), 1860 (140)
  • Spring: Mars Air

Swinger Air X3, Swinger Air X4, Evolver ISX-1

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Bikegreece a Weekend Warrior from Athens, Greece

Date Reviewed: August 12, 2009

Strengths:    Very Stiff, no flex, works great

Weaknesses:    Weight at 1920grms. Jenson USA blew out some of them but the steerer tube was steel. Through axle is a pain to remove every time.

Bottom Line:
    I am changing forks quite often and recently I was looking for a good fork for my stumpy project. I an offer for a 120mm Minute TPC '08 w/20mm at JensonUSA and I thought to try it. At the same time I ordered an RS Reba team 120mm w/20mm axle as I trust is made a good come back the last few years and I am using happily already a Lyric & a Pike on my Nomad. I was leaning more for the RS, particularly when I realized that it was significantly lighter. However I was about to be surprised when I rode the Manitou; this is one of the best forks that I have ever tried. You point your bike to a direction and this takes you through with no guessing work at the exit like it happens with many other forks and you are forced to micro-corrections. I am impressed how well it handles my 92kgs. Compression and rebound damping are simple to adjust and forget. The fork performs flawlessly and handles any obstacle with the way that every other overrated fork out there should do. Maybe my weight require some extra stiffness and I found it here or maybe the steel steerer helps, I do not know. What I know is that for very few products one can say that "it makes me a better rider" and for this fork I have to admit it.

Purchased At:   Jenson

Similar Products Used:   Lots, Recently Marz, Fox's Talas, Floats, RS Lyric, Pike, Reba and much more.

Bike Setup:   Stumpy 2008, XT, RP23, Shwalbe, xmax, formula

Submitted by Pynis McDermott a Cross Country Rider from Phoenix, AZ,

Date Reviewed: June 3, 2009

Strengths:    This is for the 29er Model:
    Value is the greatest strength. No bells or whistles, but just a quality fork at a budget price. The T/A system oozed confidence in my DH and Technical Riding ability immediately.

Weaknesses:    Popping noise. Look in the 29er forum and do a Manitou Minute search - you will see what I mean. Really not that big of a deal, and does not affect functionality. Also, a fix was issued by Manitou.

Bottom Line:
    When you are looking for all the T/A qualities, and are on a budget build, or simply do not want to spend hundreds extra, this is a great fork for those purposes. I have ridden this one pretty hard, and it is just fine in my opinion. Value = 5 Chilis, Overall = 4 Chilis for Pop, and the fact that in order to correct it, you will need to start with a rebuild.

Dear MTBR: You can send my jersey award notification to nathan_moroney@yahoo.com. Thank You.

Favorite Trail:   BCT or Sunset Trail

Purchased At:   Big Kahuna

Similar Products Used:   Fox 32 100mm 29er QR

Bike Setup:   Niner Rip 9, Stans Flow Rims, Panaracer Rampage 2.35 Tires (Tubeless), Noir 3-ring Crankset, X-9 Shifters, X0 Rear and Cassette, only Shimano is FD (required)and pedals, Sram Crosstep Chain (highly recommended for the hammerers out there).

Submitted by north20 a Cross Country Rider from Washington state

Date Reviewed: April 6, 2009

Strengths:    Light, stiff, plush. All the adjustments have an effect, and it's easy to dial in the ride you want. Very, very well finished. Nice to see a 'Made in USA' product.

Weaknesses:    The Hex-Axle system is stiff and very secure, but it's no Maxle when it comes to getting the wheel off quickly.

Bottom Line:
    This is a great fork, and the price that it can be had for makes it an incredible deal. I had used an X-Vert TPC fork for a long time (and it's still seeing regular duty on a friend's bike), liked how the damping worked and was user serviceable. So I bought this thing sight unseen when I saw the price - even after having tried some very nice forks from the competition. After a couple months I have no regrets whatsoever. Sweet fork.

Favorite Trail:   Angel's Staircase

Purchased At:   JensonUSA

Similar Products Used:   Rock Shox Reba, Revelation, Pike; Fox F100; Float R, Van 36. White Bros Magic.

Bike Setup:   '07 Trek Remedy 5, non-stock. Set up 5x5.

Submitted by fr luc a Racer from france

Date Reviewed: March 20, 2008

Strengths:    poids, rigidité et sensibilite

Weaknesses:    L'axe hexlock n'a pas de dmontage rapide

Bottom Line:
    Je possede la minute absolute qui est beaucoup plus sensible et rigide que la talas 32 2008. l'absolute permet derouler avec un sag important et en 2 ou 3 clics d'avoir une fourche qui ne pome pas. Super+++

Purchased At:   chain reaction