Manitou Minute Elite Absolute 2008 Forks

• Choose from 100mm, 120mm or 140mm designs
  • Mars Air Spring
  • 1 1/8" butted aluminum steerer
  • Rebound, air and platform adjustments
  • 32 mm gold AL stanchions

Submitted by KevinK a Cross Country Rider from Sherman Oaks

Date Reviewed: April 21, 2010

Strengths:    Stiff, durable, plush after installing the new 2010 cartridge.

Weaknesses:    Good and stiff, good rebound and response. Once having the new Cartridge installed, felt like a new fork, every thing went from good, to Fantastic.

Bottom Line:
Once installing the 2010 cartridge, this fork is one of the best I have ever tried. Plush, responsive, and a very linear response. This is the Non TA version. 140mm w/ QR. Before the cartridge installation, this fork would have received 4 chili's, but, w/ the new cartridge, definitely 5 chili's!!!

Favorite Trail:   ALL

Similar Products Used:   Manitou minute 3 IT

Bike Setup:   05 Titus Talas Switchblade, Shimano XT Cranks/cassette/chainrings/chain/front derailleur, Sram X.0 gripshifts/rear derailleur, Formula 2010 The One brakes 180mm f/r, Masterpiece seatpost, Elite stem, Manitou Absolute Elite 140mm MY08 forks, Fox Talas shock, Mavic 819disc rims, DT Swiss 240s hubs, continental Mt. King 2.4 ust front, WTB Weirwolves 2.1 ust rear.

Submitted by Braco a Cross Country Rider from Ljubljana,Slovenia

Date Reviewed: August 12, 2008

Strengths:    I have IT(infinity travel). Very soft,light and stiff fork.And looks fantastic.

Weaknesses:    nothing till now

Bottom Line:
After settings sag and rebound I have very coil feel after my favorite singletrack.. With DT they work together buttery smooth.Really good twin combination.

Similar Products Used:   Fox Float 32,Fox Van 32,Marzocchi coil 130mm

Bike Setup:   Ibis Mojo SL with Minute IT with DT Swiss rear shock carbon

Submitted by MartinS a Weekend Warrior from Fernie, B.C.

Date Reviewed: June 19, 2008

Strengths:    I have the 140 mm TA version, so it is torsionally very stiff. So far I can only give an early review as I only have about 15 hours on it, but so far it has been really nice, very progressive through its stroke and almost stiction free. Best thing I can say is I don't notice it.

Weaknesses:    Surprisingly nothing so far, but time will tell.

Bottom Line:
I have mainly rode bigger forks for the last few years and was a bit leary about going to shorter travel fork but wanted to build up a bike for more 'epic' riding. I wanted a 20mm through axle too so that narrowed the field down too. I decided to be a guinea pig and test out the Minute Elite as it fit most of the requirements I was looking for, and was interested to see if the Hayes buyout and US assembly has made a difference in QC. I am aware that there have been a couple of very small issues in the earlier runs but that Manitou has been making changes as they go (for instance they are now going with a stiffer top out spring, and have changed the design of a washer, like I said - small).
I am pretty impressed at this point, time will tell of course, but it seems a different fork than those of the 'Manipoo' era.

Similar Products Used:   Fox Talas RLC, Rock Shox 454 Pike, miscellaneous Marz forks.

Bike Setup:   08 Banshee Pyre, XT parts