Fox Racing Shox 32 Vanilla RL 2008 Forks

4.25/5 (4 Reviews)
Weight : 4.35 Ibs

At just over 4 pounds, it is the lightest coil sprung, 5.5 inch fork on the market. And, thanks to that coil spring and our ultra-refined and patented (RLC) open bath damping system, it is also one of the plushest forks money can buy. There comes a time when you just want to throw marketing jargon out the window and ride. That’s when the vanilla - good old, straight steering, true tracking, velvet smooth vanilla – shines like a diamond.

Submitted by berringer a Weekend Warrior from Chino Hills, CA

Date Reviewed: February 3, 2009

Strengths:    Fox Shox 32 Vanilla Fork which are very smooth and plush, they are also very easy to adjust on the go. The front suspension lock out are great, is dosen't completely eliminating the entire travel, it is a quick to adjust for climbing those steep slopes. The entire setup floats like a butterfly and stinks like a bee.

Weaknesses:    After a two month period of riding my bike, I notice a loud squealing noise developing at the front end, I suspected the headset. The bike Was taken into the shop for inspection at JensonUSA in the City of Corona, CA where I purchased the bike, to my surprise the tube was crack/ Broken at the adjoining fork connection, (Hearsay) this wasn’t quite clear, I never did get to inspected before it was ship to Fox for a warranty exchanges.

Bottom Line:
Fox in there intimate power, claim that I crash the bike, the fork therefore are not cover under warranty, the forks can not be return to me the owner because of the defect. Fox being very generous and powerful, was kind enough to provide me with an upgrade for another whopping $260.00.

Of course they are failing to return calls, my upgrade was ship UPS Ground, no hurry at all, they didn't give me the option to upgrade the shipping. Whatever happen to "FOX RACING SHOX offers 48-hour turnaround". My communication is limited to the JensonUSA Store in Corona who are supposed to back there product and client.

Fox fork suspensions WARRANTY is loaded with protection. The Fox Corp. can make any claim without having to provide proof. They simply hold on to your shocks, unable to return because forks are not safe. You are left without fork and or the ability to contradict there claim. No x-ray, data or evidence that it may have possibility been a defected item from the start. I try leaving a review on the JensonUSA site, behold, it was never posted.

Favorite Trail:   Marshall Canyon, La Verne CA

Purchased At:   JensonUSA

Similar Products Used:   -

Bike Setup:   eti 575 Carbon Enduro Bike with Fox Shox 32 Vanilla Fork 08'

Submitted by jamesonwicks a Weekend Warrior from costa mesa, ca, usa

Date Reviewed: December 18, 2008

Strengths:    Great Responsiveness, easily adjustable, very light considering it is a coil fork.

Weaknesses:    Too light for serious downhill. Needs a little more weight if reaching speeds of more than 40mph.

Bottom Line:
I would recommend having a heavier fork if interested in doing some major downhill

Favorite Trail:   Holy Jim

Purchased At:   Adrenaline Bikes

Similar Products Used:   Fox Float 36mm

Bike Setup:   Yeti Seven, DHX 5.0

Submitted by billybob167 a Cross Country Rider from Denver

Date Reviewed: August 14, 2008

Strengths:    Smooth and full travel

Weaknesses:    A little heavy

Bottom Line:
First ride is all I need to review this. I put it on because I could not get full travel out of my Fox 32 R 130mm. What a difference! At least 1/2 a gear faster on uphill. Didn't feel anything less than 3 inches. More stable and faster on downhill and corners. No more air shocks for me.

Favorite Trail:   Dirt Singletrack