Fox Racing Shox 32 Float RLC 2008 Forks

• Spring Type: Air
  • Axle Type: Quick Release

Submitted by Steve a Weekend Warrior from Boulder,Co,USA

Date Reviewed: June 3, 2008

Strengths:    Quality build, design, and components. Wide range of adjustment, super light, well documented. I expect it to last a long time like my old 2001 Float R shock that is as good as new ( I clean/lube it every winter ).

Weaknesses:    Love to try a thru axle version. You have take it to the shop for major service. Does squeak a bit when compressed in locked out mode, but I only use lock out for road sections.

Bottom Line:
Love this fork, a great match for my DHX Air. For most rides I run much lower air than recommended and use the compression dampening to firm things up when needed. For a light rider, this provides super plush ride like my Sherman with a soft spring. But unlike my Sherman, I can turn up the compression dampening to greatly change the ride.

For smooth, fast outings I increase the air. Has many, meaningful adjustments.

Favorite Trail:   Mt. Lion Trail

Similar Products Used:   Manitou Sherman (quite good), Rockshock Pyslo (loose), MZ All Mountain 4 (great value)

Bike Setup:   Yeti 575 w/ DHX Air.

Submitted by Swift Rider a Cross Country Rider from CA, USA

Date Reviewed: May 29, 2008

Strengths:    Light weight, even resistance, easily adjustable, rebound damping tunable to a perfect amount, seals still original - no leaks, responsive and stiff in the directions you want it to be

Weaknesses:    lockout is not adjustable and must be set with no travel, fork is not meant to be taken on really tough stuff, arch connecting stanchions does not shed mud and is hard to clean.

Bottom Line:
You don't need the compression or lockout in the front for the extra money. I thought I needed the RLC, but the only thing i ever adjust is the R, and I rarely use lockout. If you want to save money, buy the Float R - it gives you the same weight advantage and gives your XC bike a really light and responsive feel in the front. Do not use a float on a DH bike, I tried it, and it got pretty beat up.

Favorite Trail:   Skeggs

Purchased At:   Direct from fox

Similar Products Used:   Fox TALAS R 36, Rockshox Psylo Race, Marzocchi XC forks

Bike Setup:   Specialized Enduro Pro XC build, XTR drivetrain, Hayes brakes, fox float for front and rear.

Submitted by jake from pawcatuck, ct, usa

Date Reviewed: March 10, 2008

Strengths:    buttery smooth, very adjustable, stiff

Weaknesses:    not as stiff as i would like, but then again im used to riding dj/dh/fr forks

Bottom Line:
this is hands down the single smoothest fork i have ever ridden. It tracks perfectly and all of the adjustments work great. I pushed the fork through its paces and experamented with all of it's adjustments both on the trail and on jumps/ramps and have found it to be well suited for all conditions (with the obvious exception of true dh/fr) I have not encountered any issues with my lock out or floodgate adjustment, even on jumps. An awesome fork well worth the money!

Purchased At:   e.p.

Similar Products Used:   i have tried em all

Bike Setup:   2004 enduro frame, rebuilt with all 2008 stuff for slopestyle/urban riding

Submitted by Stephen O'Raw a Weekend Warrior from Johannesburg, South Africa

Date Reviewed: February 17, 2008

Strengths:    Easy to set up. Good quality feel to the adjustment controls

Weaknesses:    Flimsy lockout control

Bottom Line:
This fork is sooooooo much easier to set up than the Revelation, with no negative air pressure to complicate things. Recommended settings in manual are 25% too high. Nice and plush but even running low pressure doesn't give me full travel. Lack of wind down hasn't been to much of an issue and after two weeks riding the fork has loosened nicely (I wasn't too impressed on the first few rides). Low speed compression setting is still a bit of a mystery - haven't felt the differences - although I am approaching things systematically and trying out the rebound first before tweaking the compression. Feels stiffer than the Revelation subjectively - objective tests were less than complimentary - and it tracks well. No complaints so far.

Favorite Trail:   Van Gaalens

Purchased At:   Mikes Bikes

Similar Products Used:   Revelation 426

Bike Setup:   Ibis Mojo with mixed Shimano bits

Submitted by Jeff from NJ

Date Reviewed: January 17, 2008

Strengths:    Everything. Brand recognition

Weaknesses:    Not a thing

Bottom Line:
Excellent fork. Bullit proof to say the least. The extra travel at first I was skeptical but now, its insane. Hit everything and anything, no problem. So plush, smooth. Theres nothing this fork can't handle. Brings so much more confidence to the table on every ride. See a rock garden approaching, kill it. Best fork I've ever owned.

Similar Products Used:   RLC 100

Bike Setup:   Moots

Submitted by David a Cross Country Rider from Leeds

Date Reviewed: January 8, 2008

Strengths:    Strong, Light, lots of travel and adjustment.

Weaknesses:    Need a fox pump to adjust sag.

Bottom Line:
Loads of adjustment to dial it in to your own specific needs.
Loads of plush travel. Light. Strong.
Seals are tight and take a few rides to bed in, still keep the worst of british mud out.
Good mud clearance even with 2.3" tyre.

Favorite Trail:   Mereworth Woods

Purchased At:   Stif

Similar Products Used:   all sorts!

Bike Setup:   2008 Orange P7 pro with standard components
except this fork was a £150 upgrade from the fox 32 vanilla that comes standard.

Submitted by Rick a Cross Country Rider from Vermont

Date Reviewed: September 9, 2007

Strengths:    adjustability, smoothness, Fox reliability

Weaknesses:    with the lockout lever down (ON) it squeaks as it blows off going into it's travel. This happens in all threshold settings.

Bottom Line:
Haven't had it long enough to have a bottom line but I'll report back after confering w/ Fox on this annoying squeak. Can't tell if I'm doing damage or it's still breaking in or what. P.S. I do store the bike upside down

Favorite Trail:   outdoors