Fox Racing Shox 32 F100RLC 2008 Forks

• Air spring pressure
  • Rebound

Submitted by Attitude XX a Cross Country Rider from New London WI, USA

Date Reviewed: April 19, 2010

Strengths:    Great Fork, Never bottoms out when set up correctly

Weaknesses:    a bit pricey

Bottom Line:
Great for for the money. better value when bought on a bike. should be bought by a xc rider. lockout works great.

Favorite Trail:   Nicolet Roche Trail System

Purchased At:   Wheel and Sprocket

Similar Products Used:   Fox Talas 100 120 140

Bike Setup:   2008 Klein Attitude XX full XT carbon bars, stem, seatpoast, seat, water bottle cages

Submitted by jersey0826 a Weekend Warrior from Fresno, CA

Date Reviewed: June 6, 2009

Strengths:    Smooth ride characteristics, lots of adjustability, fairly light weight. Lockout feature with blow-off valve is great.

Weaknesses:    Durability?

Bottom Line:
This is the best fork I have owned to date. The features are actually useful and once it is setup to the rider, it offers a custom feel that is hard to match. I have about 500-600 miles on this fork in just over a year, and just had my first problem with it. The lockout feature just stopped working. Everything else is fine though, so I'll be sending it to Fox since my LBS said they can't fix it. If not for this, I would have given this fork five flamin' ones.

Favorite Trail:   Tour de Granite

Purchased At:   eBay

Similar Products Used:   RockShox SID

Bike Setup:   06 Kona King Kikapu. Custom built from frame up.

Submitted by upupandaway a Weekend Warrior from Marburg, Germany

Date Reviewed: January 29, 2009

Strengths:    - reasonably light, sitff / allows precise steering
- efficient lockout for climbing -> doesn´t dive in too much

Weaknesses:    - harder to set up than other forks in order to use all of
the travel -> too much progression at the end
- very bad and fiddly lockout-lever -> can´t be operated
without changing the low speed settings every time

Bottom Line:
it´s not a bad fork, but I´m very disappointed with some of the features.
I´m still choosing a new fork for my cc-bikie (probably Magura or Manitou), but the F100 will definitely be replaced.

Favorite Trail:   Siegerland trails

Purchased At:   together with a bike

Similar Products Used:   Reba, DT XRC

Bike Setup:   Simplon Stomp: XTR, DT wheels, Syntace parts, Noir crank, RP23

Submitted by rekrej a Cross Country Rider from Malmo, Sweden

Date Reviewed: December 10, 2008

Strengths:    Plush, small bumps, quite light, the lockout is superstiff

Weaknesses:    non so far

Bottom Line:
I realy like this fork, its superplush and takes the trails like nothing else Ive ever ridden. I dont know about how it is to service but It cant be worse than anyother fork. The setup was super easy and it felt like home at once.

Favorite Trail:   Hovdala, Soderaasen

Purchased At:   Roslins

Similar Products Used:   Reba, SID

Bike Setup:   Specilaized Stumpjumper Carbon HT S-works, full 970 XTR, DT 240 - 4.2 disk wheels, Schwalbe tires

Submitted by ikeman47 a Weekend Warrior from easley, SC

Date Reviewed: November 24, 2008

Strengths:    Smooth action, super adjustable, light weight, rigid. Also my 2008s do not squeak when ridden in the lockout mode like the 06 and 07s I tried did. This makes it more usable in my opinion. Worth the price.

Bottom Line:
I love them, I did recommend them to my friends, I would buy another pair even though they aren't cheap.

Similar Products Used:   Marzocchi atom race 80s, 100s, manitou minute, 2006 fox vanilla.

Bike Setup:   hard tail

Submitted by gixer7 a Cross Country Rider from Sydney

Date Reviewed: July 30, 2008

Strengths:    looks super cool. Stiff. Small bump compliance. less brake dive than previous Fox I have used. Did I mention it looks hot?

Weaknesses:    none i have found

Bottom Line:
I liked the Reba (much more than I expected) but the Fox just steps it up a notch. I got it at a great deal but even a couple hundred bucks more it would still be worth it. It is so compliant I can keep pedalling over rough stuff that previously was knocking me out of the saddle.

Super stiff & it tracks thru corners brilliantly. This fork will stay on my bike till it dies.

Sure its not the lightest (but it is still pretty light) but its XC performance makes up for it and then some. Get it if you want to ride faster.

Favorite Trail:   Coondoo State Park

Purchased At:   USA

Similar Products Used:   Rockshox Reba race

Bike Setup:   2007 giant XTC Composite. Crossmax SLR. Easton & Raceface Deus. *(which are slowly being upgraded to even lighter equipment) maxxis Monorails. 9.8kg wet weight.

Submitted by lokiboy8 a Cross Country Rider from Golden, CO

Date Reviewed: June 12, 2008

Strengths:    All parameters are ridable adjustable, Stiffer and lighter than previous models, no break-in period!
Looks gorgeous, too!

Weaknesses:    $$$$$ -- On second thought, no. It's worth every penny.

Bottom Line:
I had an RLT on my previous "X" and loved it.
But this thing is a in a whole new league. They redid all the overlaps and eliminated any stiction. Out of the box, it rides like it has 500 miles on it. Wow.
They brought back the Compression adjustment and they put a collar on the lockout lever so as to eliminate, for the most part, the tendency to catch the Rebound knob. Yea! and double Yea!
I weigh 160 - 175 or so w/ all my gear and I have it set on "Sofa" as well -- 60 lbs or so. I just go by the sag and the trail feel. I have yet to bottom it out.
I have the Lock-Out threshhold set on "0" clicks.
Because I sit and spin circles(Triangles? Squares?) when I climb, I like how I can resist what little bob is induced AND have a nice active response to the terrain. Climbing is sweeter than ever! This is also great if I forget to unlock for the descent. Fork behaves almost as if it was fully open.
Also nice is the new brake hose fitting -- very clean.

I ran my previous Fox for several thousand miles w/ no issues. Just change the oil and the seals regularly, clean it after every ride and just ride, ride, ride.
Does Honda or Toyota make these things, anyone? Hmmmmm...I wonder.
I wasn't sure about a white fork on my new "X" -- until I had one in my hands. (Insert "Wolf whistle here") This thing looks like a jewel or something -- Pearlescent white w// anodized red and blue kobs. Now I can't imagine anything looking much better. And as we all know, it ain't how good ya ride -- it's how good ya look!

Fox is very hard to beat for the whole package of weight, adjustability, durability and most of all -- on the trail performance. If you have lots of $$$$$$$$$, maybe go for one of those new all carbon DT's or the Manitou Carbon R7 MRD. If you are on a budget, I understand. If it was me, I'd look for a used one -- maybe a racer that used it a little and wants/needs something lighter....
But if you are on the fence -- just do it. You will be glad you did.

Happy Trails!

Favorite Trail:   Buffalo Creek

Purchased At:   Wheatridge Cyclery

Similar Products Used:   Various models from RockShox, Manitou and Marzocchi

Bike Setup:   '08 Racer X Carbon w/ an RP23(!Schweet!) -- various bits form Shimano, Easton, RaceFace, Chris King, Avid, Mavic and Kenda -- 25 lbs.

Submitted by Adam a Weekend Warrior from Wendell, MA, USA

Date Reviewed: May 29, 2008

Strengths:    I was running a SID world cup carbon on my Ibis Ripley and feeling like I was being beat up after every section of rocks that I encountered (baby heads were the worst). I was straggling along at the end of the pack and often last in a pack of pretty good club riders. I was also averaging half a dozen "Oh ^$#(^#(@!!!" moments every ride. I seriously contemplated moving to a FS boinger, but decided to try this fork to see if it made a difference. From the very start of the ride, I was able to hold my own in the middle of the pack. I found myself cringing before obstacles that would have sent me flying with my other fork, but with this fork I just glided over the the stuff. I have it set on "sofa"- about 55 psi (165lbs. recommended psi is about 70). When we stop to let the pack regroup, I look at the zip tie and find that I have maxed out the travel and yet I am unable to recall a single instance where I felt like I'd bottomed out. I can also laud the stiffness of this fork (at least compared with what I used before). I am able to point and ride with minimal hesitation. It's a dream when I'm hauling down singletrack with scattered rocks and such. I really like this fork a lot.

Weaknesses:    I have not found any yet. I haven't ridden it enough to comment on the durability.

Bottom Line:
Performance-wise, this fork kicks butt over what I'd had before. It's stiff, fast, smooth and sensitive over all types of bumps and light years ahead of my SID fork. I haven't noticed the extra pound or so over the SID. I'll have to wait and see about the durability. Even deeply discounted, I swallowed hard in purchasing it.

Purchased At:   Greenfish Sports

Similar Products Used:   Rock Shox SID race carbon black box

Bike Setup:   Ibis Ripley, SRAM 9.0 (der. and shifters), Alex T2D wheels, Avid mech

Submitted by Alex a Weekend Warrior from Canada

Date Reviewed: May 14, 2008

Strengths:    Super plush, very responsive, follow the trail like crazy.

Weaknesses:    It came with a stripped brake mount.

Bottom Line:
Yes I would recommend this product, it's worth is price. It loses lots of good because of extremely disapointing service at Fox, really Fox, come on! OH! Also have a rear shock Fox Float that lasted 2 weeks, had to send it back, they changed the seals. Never had other problems with it.

Favorite Trail:   home sweet home

Purchased At:   Bicyclette de Hull

Similar Products Used:   Marzocchi MZ3

Bike Setup:   Kikapu Deluxe 06 stock except fork.

Submitted by christian a Racer from frisco

Date Reviewed: May 14, 2008

Strengths:    rides smooth

Weaknesses:    the price

Bottom Line:
I sent my fork to fox to replace the seals. when I got it back it started to gush oil. When I contacted fox about the problem, They said the uppers are worn and I need to purchase new ones for $300. I am extremly disapointed that fox failed to stand behind their product.

Favorite Trail:   gold dust

Similar Products Used:   sid world cup

Bike Setup:   yeti as-r

Submitted by Mark Selto from Crested Butte

Date Reviewed: May 13, 2008

Strengths:    Stiff and responsive steering. Takes the big hits. Adjustability. Lockout function is cool.

Weaknesses:    You have to be on top of your game to rail down tech stuff, the fork won't do all the work for you.

Bottom Line:
After getting used to the stiffness of the fork I think I can descend just as fas with it as the Vanilla 140. Climbing is vastly superior to either of the other forks I've had recently. The lockout is great for standing up and cranking. Perfect match for the RP23.

Favorite Trail:   too many

Purchased At:   Back Alley Bikes

Similar Products Used:   Marzochi Marathon '05, Fox Vanilla 140 RL

Bike Setup:   Turner Flux w/ Fox Float RP23, SRAM X.O, DT Swiss wheels, Continental Mountain King tires

Submitted by Kris Boni a Cross Country Rider from Peutie, Belgium

Date Reviewed: April 27, 2008

Strengths:    Very light, super plush, REAL adjustability, takes every shock from small to huge

Weaknesses:    price, especially in Europe...got one off Ebay at reasonable price from USA. Thank you cheapass $

Bottom Line:
Excellent fork. Got tired of that stupid Manitou Splice which you could better replace with a rigid fork.
You immediately feel the difference with this Fox! Can ride much faster DH now, this fork ROCKS!

Favorite Trail:   Overijse

Purchased At:   Ebay

Similar Products Used:   Stock Manitou Splice Comp

Bike Setup:   Trek Fuel 80, Fox F100RLC, DT Swiss SSD210L rear shock, Formula Oro K24 200mm front, 180mm rear, XT hubs + Mavic XC717 rims, XT M770 crank, Ritchey carbon riser bars

Submitted by Sam De Cuyper a Cross Country Rider from Belgium

Date Reviewed: April 5, 2008

Strengths:    Stiff, reliable, plenty of adjustment possibilities

Weaknesses:    Lock out/ compression/ rebound adjustment buttons!!!!

Bottom Line:
This is a fork for a demanding rider who,likes to focus on riding and not on Locking/unlocking this fork. It takes a while to set up the right adjustments (4 to be exact). then you don't have to touch it any more and it reads the track.
The real bonus is the lockout threshold. it is adjusable in 12!! positions. this makes it easy to find your specific threshold.
When i'm training on concrete i click back the lock 3 clicks then it is all stiff when i'm climbing standing on the pedals and still it takes up the bumps. this is important for me because i ride on slicks whith 5bar ait pressure.
Just one stupid problem: when you turn the lock you adjust the compression sometimes. 3 buttons on a 1cm space is really to much!! I'm riding mostly XC so the lock is almost always on.
I don't want to mention the price. when you buy this, you just want the best.

Favorite Trail:   Houfalize (belgium)

Purchased At:   Barracuda online