DT Swiss XRC RL 2008 Forks

3.5/5 (2 Reviews)
Weight : 1380g

Since every gram counts in a race, our ­suspension ­engineers work closely with professional cross ­country racers to ensure that the performance and durability of our XRC racing forks are ­absolutely ideal. Not only do the XRC forks ­shine on the winner‘s podium, but in everyday use as well.

• 80 or 100mm travel.
  • Air, coil negative spring Open oil bath.
  • Quick release, thru bolt.

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by timbuktu a Racer from planet Earth

Date Reviewed: February 20, 2010

Strengths:    Smooth as silk, remote lock out is the best, flew down hills without beating me up.

Weaknesses:    Pricy.

Bottom Line:
    This is the best suspension fork I have ever used. Got me to the podium in every race last summer, what can I say?

Favorite Trail:   Any steep climb

Purchased At:   TREEfort Bikes

Similar Products Used:   Sid Race

Bike Setup:   Spark RC, sram x.o, DT Swiss xrc 1250's, ti cassette, fsa 2x9, carbon...

Submitted by Bello a Cross Country Rider from Munchen

Date Reviewed: February 10, 2008

Strengths:    Did i say light?

Weaknesses:    To my dismay i encountered a couple of rediculous design flaws in this fork.
    -tireclearance is very minimal. A conti 2.2" race king or a racing ralph 2.25" are sadly a nogo.
    -compression dampening circuit closes with higher speed impacts. Utterly useless.
    -To lineair feeling. Therefore dives quite alot when braking. Littlebit more progression in the forkstroke will do.

Bottom Line:
    DT-Swiss has a problem with its quality. They took over Pace. Pace had beautiful products in its lineup, but also some quality issues in the past. Leaking seals and a real attentiohoar for maintenance. I took the gamble and ordered a XRC. Couple of days a go the bikeshop called me that the fork had arrived. The same evening i finalized the assemblying proces by mounting the fork and discbrake and discovered to my surprise that the tires wouldn't fit. They are just 2.2"s! Okay put some older Mich comp s tires on it. 1 day later i was on the trails near Munchen and my first thoughts were of butter and a knife. Just insane supple and sensitive to smaller and larger hits. ONLY AT LOWER SPEED. When the going gets really tough in speed this fork throws in a "panzerbrigade" in blocking the compression stroke. I was shocked. When u paid 950 euro's i expect better performance in this area. Maybe this is a batch error but belive it or not, a German magazine tested the same fork and had the same problem. Quite a few more to my surprise.

Verdict: Beautiful fork but that's not enough. I want quality performance wich i can trust on. So far this product has made me feel only sad. I should have bought a fox instead or waiting for the new SID. I really hope DT-Swiss fixes the bug really soon or i have to bring it back. I just can not ride this fork for now. To bad.

Similar Products Used:   RS Sid for more than 7 years :D.

Bike Setup:   Build up a bike myself. Rocky Mountain Element Bear '08. Sram/XTR components.

Problems with DT Swiss XRC 100 with RL?

Anyone else have problems with their front shock with excess movement between the stanchion and the boot leading to super sketchy cornering and downhills? If so what have you done? I've read it may be a problem with the bushings? Thanks. BradRead More »

Dt Swiss 2009 XRC 100 Race RL Full Carbon - serwis Manual

Hi, I need serwis Manual for fork from title. I didn't found it anywhere ;/ Can someone post it here or for my email ? [email]ayjay69@wp.pl[/email] if yes Best regards AyJayRead More »

Going to test a DT Swiss XRC 100 RL

Well... with a 10% off eBay deal and the itch to try one... going against what I said I'd do... lol... I'm going to pull the '06 Reba WC off and try the '08 DT carbon fiber fork. Off with this: [IMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-5/205791/DSC_02190001.JPG[/IMG] and on with this: [IMG]ht ... Read More »