Spinner Aeris 2007 Forks

• Spul Valve Damping System
  • 80mm Travel

Submitted by Superpilot a Cross Country Rider from Raleigh, NC USA

Date Reviewed: March 13, 2009

Strengths:    Super Light 3.1 Lbs measured, No bob up Hill,

Weaknesses:    A little flexy, but not as much as a SID, Stiff if you don't like that. (let a little psi out of the front tire to soak up the little stuff)

Bottom Line:
A little stiff especially after I first got it. I think when I service it it's getting 2.5wt oil. The rebound works as advertised. I'm a lightweight 140Lbs max and I have no problem with this or adjusting the rebound and air staying in it. I run min psi and it clunks I guess, but it's quiet and I only notice when not on the trails. If you notice clunking you aren't riding hard enough. The SPUL valve seems to do it's job, because I have no bob climbing with this. It's almost like it has a Brain in it. I think the 2.5 wt oil will help it come on a little sooner with my light weight. Does anyone have service manuals or info on this thing? That might be it's ultimate downfall is that it isn't widely used so not many people know about them. There's a little advice on this on MTBR.com but Spinner has yet to get back to me.

Favorite Trail:   Syllamo Trails, Mt. View, AR

Similar Products Used:   SID, Cr@ppy Jett

Bike Setup:   Schwinn Homegrown Disc

Submitted by 4000fps a Weekend Warrior from Grand Junction, CO, USA

Date Reviewed: June 22, 2008

Strengths:    Lightweight, not too much flex for a lightweight fork, price.

Weaknesses:    Fork looses air when adjusting rebound (warranty issue), makes a clunking/popping noise at top of stroke.

Bottom Line:
Bottom line...I thought this was a cheap alternative to the SID. I have the Aeris Sport, which has an aluminum crown, not Ti.

They are very light, and seem stiff, but the noise sucks. My forks are also defective, when you adjust the rebound dial, all the air leaks out! Sometimes it won't even hold air, when I try and pump them back up. I now get to try out the Spinner warranty...bummer.

Get the SID.

Favorite Trail:   Mary's Loop

Purchased At:   Ebay

Similar Products Used:   Marzocchi xc.

Bike Setup:   Klein Attitude.

Submitted by Drew a Weekend Warrior from Grand Junction, CO, USA

Date Reviewed: June 11, 2008

Strengths:    Lightweight, cost.

Weaknesses:    Not real laterally stiff, but I kind of figured as much based on weight and design.

Bottom Line:
I have the Aeris Sport model. Difference is, the crown is aluminum. This fork seemed real similar to the Rockshox SID. It is very light, and I thought it was pretty responsive. Problem is, when you turn the rebound adjust dial, the shock goes flat. It is obviously defective, so now I get to try out Spinner's warranty. I have been just airing it up, and not messing with the dial, but I accidentally let air out of it, and it took me a lot of tries to get it to hold air again.

I might have a different opinion if it actually worked from the get go. Seems to work well, when it has air in it. Save your money, get the SID. Pay the money, cry once, be cheap...cry forever. :(

Favorite Trail:   Chutes and Ladders

Similar Products Used:   Marzocchi XC600

Bike Setup:   Klein hardtail.

Submitted by nick a Downhiller from saratoga new york usa

Date Reviewed: August 1, 2007

Bottom Line:
i cant use it it is too strong for the specs it was made for.

Submitted by Afonso Pimentel a Racer from Portugal

Date Reviewed: April 9, 2007

Strengths:    High end performance (I doubt that can be better than this). Built for racing but surprisingly comfortable enough for Sunday morning single tracks chase

Weaknesses:    What!?

Bottom Line:
I’m an MTB Orienteering racer and this work of art suits perfectly my riding needs. Although its only 80mm course never felt the end of it on 75 psi setup (100 top limit)!
Steering on hard conditions becomes a naturally fluent straight line ride. Then you tend to abuse of it, same result. And when you abuse of yourself this babe is there to wipe your nose and cool down your heart rate and adrenaline levels. The strength of a Fox combined with a Rock Shock efficiency, but lighter, can anyone ask for more? Only 2 months almost everyday ride use, but so far no visible reduction on efficiency or components wear.
Surprisingly efficient on those rocky down hill single tracks, even handles small jumps. It’s not a 100/120mm comfort but I assure you its way faster. Just PERFECT!
Many thanks for Ebay seller that provide this great value for money deal. Racing is not fashion is efficiency - Aeris is the option

Favorite Trail:   pimentelafonso@sapo.pt