RockShox Sid Team 2007 Forks

• Lowers: Ovalized Magnesium IS Disc Mount and Titanium Boss
  • Crown: Hollow Forged 6061 Aluminum

Submitted by Pedro a Weekend Warrior from Lisbon, Portugal

Date Reviewed: October 17, 2008

Strengths:    multiplicidade de ajustamentos, peso pluma, bloqueio no guiador

Weaknesses:    nada de relevante

Bottom Line:
Excelente comportamento,possibilidades inumeras de personalização de afinação.Tenho 80kg,utilizo em todo o tipo de pisos e trilhos,zonas técnicas,etc.Impressiona-me a limitada torsão atendendo ao diametro das jarras.Recomenda-se a todos os utlizadores que queiram forqueta leve e eficaz com a unica condição de terem a noção de que não é uma suspensão de all mountain.

Favorite Trail:   Xcountry

Purchased At:   Lusobike (Linda a Ve

Similar Products Used:   Manitou R7 e Magura Durin

Bike Setup:   Marin Pine Mountain de 97(Cromoly Tange),rodas DT Swiss 1480,full Xtr(VBrakes),chris king(cx direcção),syntace(avanço),Easton carbon(guiador),thonsom(espigão)SMP(selim)

Submitted by Filip Lerch a Cross Country Rider from Czech Republic

Date Reviewed: January 29, 2008

Strengths:    light, adjustable

Weaknesses:    little flexy, very bad paint job

Bottom Line:
Even though there are some cons and dislikes about this fork, they dont bother me at all, so I still rate it 5 and 5. It is very adjustable and dependable doesnt loose air. No promblems at all. It is a little flexy, but what can you expect from this size. If you compare it to other forks, it is a dwarf. I would say the paint job done by Rock Shox is really bad. The paint doesnt stick onto the metal. I had too many marks on it after one year. I had no marks on my manitou and marzocchi forks.

Similar Products Used:   manitou, marzocchi / dont remember types/

Bike Setup:   Klein attitude, Xt and LX, Xt 770 crank, Nobby Nic, American classic wheels, Bontrager bars, ritchey PRO pedals

Submitted by Harvey Jones a Racer from London England

Date Reviewed: November 18, 2007

Strengths:    So light

Weaknesses:    Not the compression alteration knob on the pop lock busted twice now

Bottom Line:
In terms of racing with this fork I've had no probs I weight 60k so I don't think I'd feel any flex that these are supposed to suffer from. I've used this in lanzarote coming down the tabiesque mountain and it handled excellently so this can be used in more than just xc races also long as you've got weight on your side

Favorite Trail:   Epping Forest

Purchased At:   Evans UK

Bike Setup:   S Works carbon HT DT Swiss wheels XTR Group set Hope Mono Mini brakes

Submitted by Mad Maxx a Cross Country Rider from Philippines

Date Reviewed: October 20, 2007

Strengths:    The strength...light weight, motion control, lock out. This fork is very light during uphill and easy to control downhill...

Bottom Line:
Light Weight fork + one of the fastest bike in the planet = Incredible fast bike. .................whooooooooooooweeeeeee

Similar Products Used:   Rockshox Recon 327

Bike Setup:   Giant Anthem, Shimano XT, Mavic 717, DT swiss, Thompsons

Submitted by Charles P. a Cross Country Rider from Windsor, Ca

Date Reviewed: April 29, 2007

Strengths:    Light. Infinte adjustment

Weaknesses:    A little flexy and expensive

Bottom Line:
Super light. The same as the world cup without all the carbon to mess up. A great cross-country fork. Sure it's a little flexy but show another fork that weighs 3lbs and doesn't flex and I'll but it. It takes a little to set up but once it's dialed it's sweet. I was a little sketch on the lockout, but after using it I'm in love.

Similar Products Used:   Judy SL, Mag 21 SL

Bike Setup:   '99 Ibis Mojo (steel is real!) SID Team, '07 XTR, Race Face Deus XC, Thomson Elite stem and seatpost

Submitted by cello_hhy a Cross Country Rider from China

Date Reviewed: April 18, 2007

Strengths:    Super light!King of Climbing!

Weaknesses:    A few flexible for me,because I use RS_reba before.

Bottom Line:
Very good fork for XC, light, easy adjust, i like it. Motion control works well,and it's uesfull. Some people say it's too flexy, but i haven't noticed it so far, meybe I'm light, 58KG. SID is really more sensitive than REBA. Although SID looks soft, but it's good enough for me, so I choose SID. If your weight is more than 65KG, choose REBA.