Pace RC41 C-Type 2007 Forks

Weight : 1.51 Kg

Introducing the new anvil tough, but superlight 4in travel RC41 C-Type designed specifically for Alpine World Cup Marathon events. The ultralight Hollowform carbon fibre structure adds the least possible weight, while leaving 2.5in plus tyre room. Unique Launch Control 2 lockdown drops the fork for steering bite on the most vertical climbs, then pops open automatically at your chosen, externally dialled impact threshold. And for ‘07 we’ve added an ‘Accelerator Groove’ into the LC2 design for even higher function and improved system control. New Extreme Condition seals maintain function in the worst conditions and our CNC machines have carved out even more weight.

Submitted by danger gadget a Weekend Warrior from New Zealand

Date Reviewed: August 10, 2009

Strengths:    I've got the RC41 figher version - and it fights above its weight. Stiffer than a Fox 32, more travel, better steering, excellent lockdown, good adjustability, forgiving on McNasty tracks. Looks nice in black. Amazing performance for 1699 g (mine weighs). The lockdown is the best I've ever used - it's so quick and easy, both to set and release. 20mm through axle allows Crossmax SX wheels to go straight on!

Weaknesses:    It still flexes a bit - if you want real stiffness you're after a Fox 36 or Lyric or something. I was able to slightly twist the lower legs with a week of downhill trails so the axle doesn't quite come home straight now. Can take a lot of trial to balance the air and compression damping. Rebound moves by itself!!

Bottom Line:
I bought a Fox Vanilla 36 to put on my Mojo after a Fox 32 was too rubbish for my bike (too flexy and awful feedback on rough trails - I weigh 99 kg and am 194cm). Then this came along on eBay. It's 150 g lighter than the Fox 32 but rides significantly better even on rough downhill trails (Portes du Soleil, France), to the point where I never installed the Fox 36 - I'm sure it would be better again but with a 700g weight penalty. I don't get the misting on mine, or not yet, but they were serviced by fork english. If you're after an EXC150 don't forget that this is basically the same fork so excellent value!! Excellent piece of kit

Favorite Trail:   The supermorzine mudslide

Purchased At:   eBay

Similar Products Used:   Fox 32 RLC QR, Rockshox Tora 302

Bike Setup:   Ibis Mojo with Pace RC41 Fighter, Crossmax SX front wheel, Rohloff on Mavic 819 rear wheel, Fox RP23 rear shock

Submitted by Mike Pierson a Weekend Warrior from Boise, ID USA

Date Reviewed: November 2, 2007

Strengths:    Pace RC41 Fighter...Lightweight; Travel Lockdown; Adjustability; Is not white in color.

Weaknesses:    Blows out a little oil dust on right fork.

Bottom Line:
I really have enjoyed using this fork over the last 800-1000 miles. It works perfectly. The Fox 36 I had was heavy and the bike felt sluggish. However, going downhill at 25-30 mph the Fox felt a tad smoother and stronger. Yet being able to drop the Pace travel on climbs and having a livelier bike really has made me happy. The fork does have a normal thing of misting air/oil deposited on the right leg. Pace says it's normal...but makes the bike a little dusty on the fork. I think Pace has an outstanding product with this fork and it is no wonder DT Swiss purchase their fork division. Also, I love the all black/carbon look of the fork. I don't understand all these white forks...it appears road riders are running mountain bike fork companies. I would buy this fork again.

Favorite Trail:   Redfish