Marzocchi XC 600 SL 2007 Forks

• 32mm Alloy Stanchions
  • 6" Post Mount

Submitted by mrclortho a Weekend Warrior from Houston, Texas

Date Reviewed: July 27, 2009

Strengths:    Quality of construction, adjustable, weight

Weaknesses:    It could look a little better

Bottom Line:
Coming from a guy who has not had much seat time on high end bikes, I absolutely love this fork. The adjustability is key here. Because my 4500 isn't designed for so much travel, it is necessary to adjust the travel for the trail or the bike is twitchy but once you get it dialed in, it is absolutely wonderful. It does not feel like it was designed for big jumpers because it can be a little soft at times.
I have no complaints with the performance. The fork could have a better color scheme and stickers. I was able to order it pretty cheap so I am happy and would do it again.

Favorite Trail:   Anthills

Purchased At:   Pricepoint.com

Similar Products Used:   Rock Shox Recon, Reba, Judy TT

Bike Setup:   Modified 2001 Trek 4500

Submitted by Jorge Marmol a Cross Country Rider from Carlos Paz

Date Reviewed: May 24, 2008

Strengths:    Great Fork!! Works perfect
great travel 130 mm
awesome look

Weaknesses:    needs a better manual

Bottom Line:
Para aquiellos que hablan español, increible suspencion. Funciona muy bien, te pega al piso!!

Muy buen recorrido (130mm) buen nivel de ajuste de carga y rebote. El peso es adecuado, por la rigidez de la horquilla.

Favorite Trail:   XC advance in Villa Carlos Paz

Purchased At:   ebay.com

Similar Products Used:   Manitou Axel platinum, Reba

Bike Setup:   Merida Special Edition , full XT

Submitted by Daniel a Cross Country Rider from The Woodlands, Texas, USA

Date Reviewed: October 23, 2007

Strengths:    Big travel, lite, adjustable travel, adjustable rebound dampening, lock out-able.

Weaknesses:    Right fork tube began leaking compressed gas and oil almost immediately.

Bottom Line:
Loved the function and form but hated the leak-on-first-ride. Totally unreliable.

Purchased At:   PerformanceBike.com

Submitted by Tim Daniels a Cross Country Rider from Arcata, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: October 3, 2007

Strengths:    Initial impressions:
Simple adjustability, Great torsional rigidity. Smooths out the trails nicely. Looks good. The price was right.

Weaknesses:    I though the decals were ugly so I peeled them off as soon as I realized how much I liked this fork and knew it was a keeper.

Bottom Line:
I've only done four rides on this fork, but my initial impression of this fork is outstanding. I replaced the rigid fork on a Spot SS and of course the shock fork is going to be way more forgiving. It's like getting a brand new bike for the cost of a fork. I only have one other shock fork to which I can compare. I like this fork is as much if not better than the 2000 vintage 'Zoke Z1-CR on my squishy bike. I'm riding moderately technical trails with roots and rocks and am pleasantly surprised at how nimble my bike remained. It raised the front of my bike by about an inch but it did not affect climbing in the least. The ETA device works as expected and even when compressed on the climbs, I still has enough travel to take the edge off the bumps.

I'll follow up with another review after I've put more miles on this thing. Time on the trail will tell.

Tim

Purchased At:   Jenson USA

Similar Products Used:   Marzocchi Z1-CR

Bike Setup:   Spot SS with rim brakes.

Submitted by KT a Cross Country Rider from orange county, CA

Date Reviewed: April 17, 2007

Strengths:    Looked like it would be a good all around fork. I've had great experiences with other marz products.

Weaknesses:    Let me see,the ATA keeps winding down on it's own, the TST2 know keeps moving around while riding, the fork now only gets 90mm of travel no matter what you do with the ride height with the ATA knob, stiction like you wouldn't believe. I've handled stiffer chow mein.

Bottom Line:
This has got to be the worst fork ever created. I'ts pretty sad when I encounter problems with this fork every other ride. I'm tired of boxing this fork up for warranty. The ATA knob and the TST knob thing doesn't affect the ride, but only getting 90mm of travel mid ride suck when you're bouncing off of your line. Also Marz warranty department is horrible. No follow up with the customer. During the first issue I had with this fork, I couldn't get a straight answer as to what caused this problem, No phone call to say that they were done with the repair or anything, it just showed up at my door without a warning. Looked on the packing slip to see what was done, no explanation. Gave Marz a call and still couldn't get an answer. Two rides later on the repaired fork and the same problems...... I'm done. What a waste of time and money. Loan this fork out to someone you really want to discourage from riding. It's that bad.

Favorite Trail:   Hurkey Creek

Purchased At:   jenson usa

Similar Products Used:   marz (888 & all mountain 1), manitou (breakout plus, flik plus, r7 platinum,) rock shox (pike air, reba,)

Bike Setup:   06 specialized S-works carbon stumpjumper FSR

Marzocchi XC Retro SL 600

Hello Everyone, I just got my fork repaired at the marzocchi plant with new seals and I still cannot achieve different air pressures in my bottom and top air chambers. Just paid 140$ to get'er fixed and still can't get the fork to work properly. Can someone help me, or is there something i'm ... Read More »

marzocchi xc 600 sl

i have an 07 or 08 marzocchi xc 600 sl, ata-2 and travel adjust, the air side is leaking oil and air, and it has been this way since i bought it. could it be as simple as replacing the shrader air valve?Read More »

'07 Marz XC 600 sl or '08 RS Revelation 426 Air

Okay, so I have been looking for an adjustable travel XC fork for a while, and I have narrowed it down to two: 1. 2007 Marzocchi XC 600 SL $300 Pros: Adj travel, cheaper, lighter, looks awesome, stiff enough for me (160lbs) Cons: Lack of good reviews/ bad ... Read More »

Marzocchi 600 sl xc?

Anyone have any experiences or knowledge about this fork? the only review I've seen is the one on the products page saying that it is the worst fork ever. any help is appreciated!Read More »