Marzocchi All Mountain II 2007 Forks

• 32mm Alloy Stanchions
  • 6" Post Mount

Submitted by ctstark a Cross Country Rider from Westford, MA, USA

Date Reviewed: September 28, 2008

Strengths:    Solidly made fork with plenty of room for the XC rider. Nice attention to detail with crown and stanchions.

Weaknesses:    Cheap plastic adjustment knobs. A little tough to get the rebound to where you want it.

Bottom Line:
Great fork for the XC rider! With my GT the fork definitely pitched my bike back another inch which was a bit surprising at first (landed flat on my back with the first wheelie). Overall a very solid feeling fork with no play in it, a little noise here and there but a great fork for the value and with a name that you can definitely trust!

Favorite Trail:   LDT (Lowell, Dracut, Tynsboro forest)

Purchased At:   Jenson USA

Similar Products Used:   Cannondale Headshox, Rock Shox Judy X

Bike Setup:   01 GT Avalanche 1.0 (Still made in the US!) with deore/lx component mix (newer dual shifters) Sun rims and mostly syncro comps...

Submitted by miniracer a Weekend Warrior from Bandung, Indonesia

Date Reviewed: July 31, 2008

Strengths:    cheap,ETA, easy to set with positive air pressure. Nice color, and very rare in my neighborhood.

Weaknesses:    "clunk" sound when full extend. I'll try to change the oil viscosity, but not yet found the service manual online..

Bottom Line:
Good product. I'd found the ETA did not work well. Push myself to open the ETA knob, and found the air are in out when fork pull and up. Make some special tool to pull out the nipple, and found bend section at rubber contact.Now it hold the air nice and ETA work well. I will put another review after I hit the trail.Any advise where I can find the service manual to change the oil will appreciate.

Favorite Trail:   Bandrek, Dago

Similar Products Used:   '00 Marz Z1 CR

Bike Setup:   DB mission2, hayes, x7 der, stylo crank, mavic disc317, maxxis advantage tire, tru holz hndlbar and stem

Submitted by Jeremy C from Seneca, SC, USA

Date Reviewed: May 4, 2008

Strengths:    Solid fork. Good amount of travel. I ride mostly XC with the occasional jump thrown in and it's held up really well.

Seems to stay at a certain PSI for a very long time with little maintenance.

Weaknesses:    The rebound adjustment seems to be a bit loose. No solid clicking, makes me think it could slip easily. I haven't noticed this, so maybe it's not a problem.

One of the Schraeder valves started leaking right after pumping it up. Only happened once.

I don't have the ETA adjust on mine (did on the last fork). I didn't use it that much, but it's a great feature if you know you're in for a long climb (not really a weakness as I bought it that way).

Bottom Line:
I'm a heavier rider (like 275lb) and probably middle of the road as far as how aggressive I ride. All in all I'm very happy with how this forks held up. I listed a couple minor complaints, but no big ones. Marzocchi seems to make a great product for the money. This is my second fork by them.

Favorite Trail:   Issaqueena

Similar Products Used:   Rock Shox Pilot C, Marzocchi Bomber w/ ETA (120 mm)

Bike Setup:   Former KHS XC 304. After breaking the frame and almost everything else, I'm using a FR 1500 frame Rhinolite rims, and this fork

Submitted by Benny a Cross Country Rider from Frisco, CO, USA

Date Reviewed: December 26, 2007

Strengths:    reliable, maintenance free, easy to adjust, plush
eta allows for really fast travel adjustment

Weaknesses:    eta down position cripples slowly back up
could be stiffer torsionally

Bottom Line:
Best fork for the money and the most reliable compared to rock shox or fox.
Plush with not too many adjustments to mess up.
No play in the bushings and super tight seals.
eta down position cripples slowly back up so you have to yank on the handlebars from time to time to push it back down. I still like the eta a lot because it allows to really rapidly adjust the travel at the top of a hill without having to stop and turn a knob for 30 seconds.
Sometimes feel like the fork can be twisted laterally in rock gardens or narrow deep troughs.
But all in all the reliability and plushness make it a really oustanding product.

Similar Products Used:   rock shox psylo (play in bushings after 2 months)
fox rl ( light but constant oil leak at the upper leg)

Submitted by Dan a Cross Country Rider from Bucharest, RO

Date Reviewed: April 23, 2007

Strengths:    Very strong fork, lots of travel, looks great

Weaknesses:    The right plastic bolt came right off after a few bumps

Bottom Line:
Very good fork, very confortable. Although this is not a fork for cross country, i have always wanted a good fork with lots of travel that i can adjust. By adjusting the air pressure inside i made it pretty soft so that when i am on the bike the fork compresses and becomes more like an xc fork, but by doing so you increase the negative travel which is great. A little bit noisy when the entire lenght of the suspention is used but you don't hear that when u're coming downhill fast. For uphill you can lock the fork at about 120mm and by doing so the climb is much easier. The fork does not become stiff, you still have suspension, although Marzocchi warns not to use the fork compressed downhill. There seems to be e problem but i can't be shure yet. I think the fork doesn't stay in the lockdown position. It does stay compresed at the beginning but it seems it looses compression. I am not shure yet because i don't use it too much compressed. I'll be back with an update, maybe after a first revision.

Purchased At:   AS Sport