Magura Menja 2007 Forks

4.63/5 (8 Reviews)

Newly designed air sprung fork, featuring versatility and the awesome and absolutely unique Dual Arch Design (DAD) for maximum stiffness. Available in three travel versions (85, 100 and 130mm) built for 100mm standard QR hubs and 6" IS disc mounts. All adjuster knobs made of high quality aluminium.

Submitted by sasfish a Cross Country Rider from NORTHERN BEACHES

Date Reviewed: June 10, 2009

Strengths:    very stiff in the single track. Easy to work unlike my rebas. simple setup i guess.

Weaknesses:    Some people would like to be able to play abit more with the rebound I would think.

Bottom Line:
For the money its a stand out. There are many good shocks out there but none this good in the sub $700 australian dollars market. You just have look at the world cup xc riders to see that magura is on the move.

Favorite Trail:   DAM

Purchased At:   kirriwee cycles

Similar Products Used:   FOX, rock shox

Bike Setup:   Titus racer x
rocky mountain carve

Submitted by foomanchu a Cross Country Rider from BayArea,CA

Date Reviewed: July 16, 2008

Strengths:    Great value, compared with Fox. Super stiff, well engineered, well built, and plush. There is not much you can adjust, so put them on and go!

The dual-arch ensures torsional stiffness. Makes sense, you have to wonder why other manufacturers haven't done the same. I suppose it adds a bit of weight, but you can't have it all.

Bottom Line:
You will not regret the purchase, but skip the handlebar remote.

Favorite Trail:   resolution

Purchased At:   TreefortBikes

Bike Setup:   Rocky Mountain Element 70

Submitted by thebronze a Cross Country Rider from Texas

Date Reviewed: June 4, 2008

Strengths:    Stiffness, tracking, cornering, climbing, lightweight for 130mm travel, smooth and plush damping, did I mention stiff-it really holds a line in the rough stuff.

Weaknesses:    DLO has no true compression adjustment, only opens and closes the compression port.

Bottom Line:
This a great fork thats very reliable, simple to tune and work on, and its lightweight! Its almost as stiff as a 20mm fork and tracks really well. I'm running 90 psi (220# rider) and 1 click of rebound.

I've found the fork suffers from brake dive and while there's no compression adjustment, the dlo can be used to control the amount of oil flowing through the compression piston as it simply closes the port orifice. The albert select can be dropped into any magura fork as un upgrade for $150. I'll post back with details as soon as I drop the AS in. I'm going to try a 10wt oil to see if that helps with the brake dive.

So far, this is an excellent fork for the money and a worthy option for those wanting a Fox float but not the $$$$.

Favorite Trail:   Dino Valley

Purchased At:   ebay close out

Similar Products Used:   Marz Z1, marathon sl, marathon s, mx comp, Fox Vanilla 130 r, Manitou minute 1, sxr,

Bike Setup:   Turner Flux 130mm w dhx air

Submitted by Dwayne Adams a Cross Country Rider from Ft Lauderdale, FL

Date Reviewed: April 22, 2008

Strengths:    Nice and stiff, able to dial it in easy. Good dampening.

Weaknesses:    None so far.

Bottom Line:
Great reliable fork that I ride 2-3 time a week for more than a year. I am a Clydesdale (250)and just put it through a 7 race series, I am pretty hard on parts, and the fork does a great job. This fork can be set up to be super plush or set up for the bigger hits depends on trail or track you are at. Buy this Fork. I would put this up against any other 130 mm fork.

Favorite Trail:   Markam, or any in Whilster

Purchased At:   Magura USA

Similar Products Used:   Several

Bike Setup:   Specialized SX Supercross, Sram, Hope, Mavic

Submitted by Mark a Cross Country Rider from Dallas

Date Reviewed: August 13, 2007

Strengths:    Setup, Stifness, Weight, Simplicity

Weaknesses:    None (maybe finding a place to buy the fork)

Bottom Line:
Great fork at a great price. This is an update to my previous review. Been riding the Menja much more, and it is a very simple, easy to set up, and just plain nice to ride. Have had no issues except where to ride tomorrow :)

Definitely can feel the difference in the cornering with the stiffness of the fork, and I don't ever really notice the forks at all while climbing or descending downhill. Compared to the other forks supposedly in the same catagory, these are not only cheaper, but also a better fork. My next upgrade is to add a Magura coil-spring fork on my other bike.

Great Product.

Favorite Trail:   IDB

Purchased At:   Universal Cycles

Similar Products Used:   Rock Shocks, Manitou

Bike Setup:   2007 Kona Kula Supreme, Middleburn Cranks, SRAM X.0 and X.9 Components

Submitted by Mark a Cross Country Rider from Dallas

Date Reviewed: June 14, 2007

Strengths:    Weight, stiffness, ease of setup, and looks.

Weaknesses:    None yet.

Bottom Line:
Due to rain I have only tried these forks out for about 10-15 miles around the house, but very nice feel and weight. Will update my review when trails dry up and Dallas is rideable again. The fork looks and feels well built and steers with precision. For the price I feel it is a very good value compared to what you pay for similar quality from other products.

Favorite Trail:   IDB

Purchased At:   Universal Cycle

Similar Products Used:   Rock Shox and Manitou.

Bike Setup:   Kona Kula Supreme, XT cranks, SRAM everything else.

Submitted by Wayne a Cross Country Rider from Guadalupe. California

Date Reviewed: June 4, 2007

Strengths:    Easy sag set up, Easy lock out knob. Very strong feel. Comes with it's own shock pump that is tricked out.

Weaknesses:    That alloy DRO lock out knob rattled like a metal rattlesnake until I installed a rubber o ring under the knob. The stainless dropout savers are cool as long as you use Magura hubs that match perfect with the rotors. Also using Magura marta sl brakes made it very easy set-up.

Bottom Line:
If you read and follow the manual you will be happy with this product. The 85m fork was and is the best fork so far for me. I am not a racer, I just like quality and find the Magura 85mm a great cross country trail fork. I've started ridng mtb in 1986. Good luck with your choices.

Favorite Trail:   Rainbow wash, Borrego Springs,Ca.

Purchased At:   Bike shop

Similar Products Used:   Fox Vinalla Fork, Manitou Mars carbon

Bike Setup:   Intense tracer Magura fork, Magura brakes, Magura wheelset. XTR trigger shifters. FSA carbon crankset. Thompson stem and post. SDG saddle. And of course a King headset.

Submitted by Martijn Willems a Cross Country Rider from Wijk bij Duurstede, Holland

Date Reviewed: December 16, 2006

Strengths:    Stifness, easy to set-up, firm-tech bosses, looks, exotic (you don't see these forks as much as all the Foxes or RS), kinda plush if you want to, Dynamic lock out (DLO), 100mm fork

Weaknesses:    None so far..

Bottom Line:
This fork works! As plush as my Fox (was really smooth fork), and i bet it will get smoother in about another 20-30 hours of riding. The fork is really stiff, so steering is razorsharp! Combined with al DLO remote it's unbeatable. It's the best of 2 worlds: the quality and exclusiveness the Foxes used to have at the price of a Rock Shox!!

Favorite Trail:   Any up and down winding trails with lots of single tracks will do..

Purchased At:   Rijwielpaleis Bilthoven