Fox Racing Shox 32 F80RL 2007 Forks

• Air spring pressure
  • Rebound

Submitted by Aaron Grady a Racer from Fort Calhoun

Date Reviewed: January 2, 2007

Strengths:    I love how smooth the fork works. I'm used to running my forks rather stiff, so I wasn’t getting the full travel out of them. With this fork, I can just lock it out on the flats and climbs. Even when the fork is locked out they give you a little bit of play (10mm or so), so even if you do hit something unexpectedly your wrists don't have to take all the punishment. When I'm going down hill with the fork unlocked, I get one of the smoothest rides available

Weaknesses:    Only 8 clicks of rebound adjustment. I would like a little bit more, but that’s a personal preference thing. Pricey.

Bottom Line:
I love the fork and I would recommend it to anyone if they have the money. It is well worth the extra expense. If you’re looking for a good fork that's not quite as expensive, go with the Manitou R7.

Favorite Trail:   Jewel Park

Purchased At:   Bike Masters

Similar Products Used:   RockShox Duke SL 80mm, RockShox Sid Race 100mm, Manitou R7 Elite 80mm

Bike Setup:   2007 Anthem 0 stock

Fox 32 F80RL Air Leak?

I bought a new bike this past Tuesday with a Fox 32 F80RL. The shop pressurized the front shock and set the sag for my weight. Up until last night I have not been able to ride it. Went for a short easy ride with my kid last evening and noticed that the shock was soft and dove during rear breaking ... Read More »