Fox Racing Shox 32 F100RLC 2007 Forks

• Air spring pressure
  • Rebound

Submitted by AK a Racer from Preston, Lancashire, United Kingdom

Date Reviewed: March 23, 2009

Strengths:    Stiffness, Adjustability, looks!

Weaknesses:    lockout lever, extremely high servicing costs

Bottom Line:
the stiffness of the fork is the first thing you will notice! tracks amazingly well, and no flex under braking like so many lightweight xc forks suffer from. the amount of adjustability is also a big benefit of this fork. this fork can also be used in almost exactly the same way as the terralogic forks, if you set the lockout threshold low (i.e, minimal force to blow through the lockout), have the slow speed compression all the way to the positive direction on the dial, and run the fork lockout, it will operate the same way as the terralogic forks. i have done a few trails and 4 races now with the fork set up like this, and it works flawlessly! and of course, the fork do look rather special!

Favorite Trail:   UK bike park, Dorset

Similar Products Used:   Rockshox reba, Fox f100 RL, fox F80 X, marzocchi corsa

Bike Setup:   Kinesis Maxlight XC Pro frame, reynolds carbon wheelset, oval concepts bar, stem, seatpost, sram XO

Submitted by Bentania a Cross Country Rider from Azeitao, Portugal

Date Reviewed: November 14, 2008

Strengths:    Reliability, suck up every bump along the way.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
This fork is excelent. For my type o riding (semi-aggressive XC) it is simply the best, very forgiving of all my stupidities on the bike ;-) . I've had over 3.500 km on it, and after a first thourough revision at 3.000 km, it is as new again. Very impressive. Would buy another on the spot!!!

Purchased At:   Arrábida Bikes

Similar Products Used:   Marzocchi

Bike Setup:   Santa Cruz Superlight, XT transmission, Hope Mono Mini Brakes

Submitted by Clay Spradlin a Weekend Warrior from Conway, Arkansas USA

Date Reviewed: March 4, 2008

Strengths:    Stiff, tracks like a dream, very responsive

Bottom Line:
I've been riding this fork for a little over a year now and don't have any complaints about it. This thing will gang rape your wallet but it's worth the investment.

Favorite Trail:   Cadron Park

Purchased At:   Ebay

Bike Setup:   Leader 526, XTR Shifter/Disc Brake combo, XT Drivetrain, Mavic Wheels

Submitted by chris weiss a Weekend Warrior from new orleans, la, usa

Date Reviewed: January 22, 2008

Strengths:    Very tunable, tracks perfectly, trouble free

Weaknesses:    no remote lockout, and as stated by previous reviewers, pushing/pulling the lockout can change your rebound due to friction from grit, comes in any color as long as it's white.

Bottom Line:
I called about 10 different bike shops, both local and around the internet to get fork reccomendations, and everyone said "get a fox". So I did, and haven't regretted it for a moment. I didn't realize how much flex I was getting with my Judy until I first rode the fox (I gained over 1/2 a lb. with the change but no problem with that). takes big and small hits with aplomb, and really feels amazing. it has been my single best upgrade, period. the lockout is a pain, but may be addressed with the new 2008 design. I do wish someone had a remote lockout switch for this, as it would then be the perfect fork. Still, even with that one issue, I love this fork.

Favorite Trail:   comite, baton rouge

Purchased At:   greenfish

Similar Products Used:   Indy SL, Judy XC

Bike Setup:   Turner Flux w/Fox RP3, King headset, Fox F100 RLC, 970 XTR Shifters/Crank, 952 XTR V-Brakes/Levers/Derailleurs, Speedplay Frog pedals, Thomson post/stem, WLB RocketV SLT saddle, Easton Monkey Lite hi-rise bar, Ergon grips, XT cassette (11-32), Mavic Crossmax SL, IRC tires + tubes

Submitted by Brady a Cross Country Rider from Salt Lake City, UT. USA

Date Reviewed: October 18, 2007

Strengths:    It does everything Fox says it does, stiff, Plush, reliable, and yes I still feel it's lightyears ahead of its competition.

Weaknesses:    NONE!

Bottom Line:
This is a follow-up to the review I did in july. My Fox F100RLC now has over 1000 miles on it, and guess what? I still feel this fork is FANTASTIC! It's unbelieveable how much one component could improve my ATB's performance. Stand-and-hammer, Sit-and-spin, float through an ascending rock garden,or braking hard and late in a field of inbeded rocks, this fork will not let you down. Warning! the only flaw this thing has is it can't think for its self! As you realize its potential, you'll find yourself pushing your limits farther, and your speeds will increase. BE CAREFUL! KEEP YOUR HEAD IN THE GAME! Happy trails!

Bike Setup:   ATB

Submitted by anthony a Cross Country Rider from philippines

Date Reviewed: September 8, 2007

Strengths:    strong, plush and good looking

Weaknesses:    nada,none

Bottom Line:
If your in cross country or trail riding this is the perfect fork for you. When i hit the trail the fork does not exist can't feel anything the travel is just perfect for my riding style. Go for it you won't go wrong. Not recommended for Free Ride.

Favorite Trail:   Maarat, AFP

Purchased At:   John Wilkie

Similar Products Used:   manitou Black 100mm,SID Race,EXR pro

Bike Setup:   Merida HFS Matts Pro,LX groupset,DT Champion,Thomson Stem&post,easton ct2 hb

Submitted by Luke a Downhiller from Danville, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: August 29, 2007

Strengths:    Strong, versatile, light, plush, and looks sick. What more do ya want!?

Bottom Line:
Sick fork for anyone doing dirt jumping, xcountry, and prety much anything. definatly worth it

Favorite Trail:   Deweys, Las Trampas

Purchased At:   Jenson

Similar Products Used:   All Marzochhi DJs

Bike Setup:   santa cruz jackal, chris king, x9, dt swiss, gap cranks, thompson, saint

Submitted by Stefan Aichele a Cross Country Rider from Waterloo, ON, CANADA

Date Reviewed: August 2, 2007

Strengths:    Solid and strong design and construction, durable and easy to use and dial in.

Weaknesses:    None at this point

Bottom Line:
Love the fork, very responsive on any terrain

Favorite Trail:   Frankenstein

Purchased At:   Universal Cycles

Similar Products Used:   Marzocchi Bomber Z1 MCR, Z2

Bike Setup:   Salsa Bandito Scandium frame with King headset, SRAM X.0 drivetrain, Race Face crank, Bontrager Race lite tubeless wheel set, THE flight deck bar, thomson post with Selle SLR

Submitted by Brady a Cross Country Rider from Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

Date Reviewed: July 12, 2007

Strengths:    this fork is lightyears ahead of it's nearest rival, in every aspect, end of story.

Weaknesses:    NONE

Bottom Line:
Dear readers if you remember one thing from my review it is this, "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR WHEN YOU BUY THIS FORK!" Think about this, The quantity of benjamins Fox wants for their fork in comparison to the other fork mfgrs is a direct reflection of how far superior the F100RLC is. I've put in over 400 miles on this fork (zero road miles). I weigh 200 pounds, I enjoy all aspects of our sport, but my forte is the slow-and-go, bump-and-grind fork-crushing-technical, trials-like, climbs and descents. This is the first fork I've had that allows me to do that, and with a flick of the lock-out, rip the rocky, and blister the buff with absolute confidence. the adjustable lock-out threshold is pure genius. Once you've figured out how to use all of its tuning capibilities this fork has an intuitive feel to it, kind of like IT knew the trail BEFORE you ever rode it. I would like to add just one more thing, I've been riding ATBs for twenty four years, and paid good money for inferior products, which I've crushed as fast as a bug hits your windshield. Through my experience I've learned a few things, #1. Don't fall for mfgr or magazine hype. #2. Thank god for websites like this one, where other riders give you the straight dope on the stuf your about to layout you hard earned greenback on, which allows you to do #3. You get what you pay for, buy the best, because you'll end up buying several inferior products, when you should have just bit the bullit and purchased one superior product, saving you time to ride your bike and money in your pocket.

Favorite Trail:   Moore Fun

Purchased At:   lbs

Similar Products Used:   I've ridden the other three major brands, and I'm here to tell you there's nothing that comes close to "similar" when your talking about the FOX F100RLC.

Bike Setup:   '02 Kona King Kikapu, Chris King Head & Hubs on Mavic rims built by colorado cyclist (they build the best wheels!) Easton Monkey lite rise bar, XTR rapid fire drive train, WTB tires and saddle, Incredibell bell.

Submitted by Ben a Weekend Warrior from Kayenta, AZ

Date Reviewed: June 26, 2007

Strengths:    Plush ride, 32mm no flex, adjustability, lightweight

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
This is a follow up review. It took Fox over six months to get my fork. They had them sitting on their shelf ready to ship and guess it got lost in the shuffle. They were nice enough to send me an 08 which I am happy about, they also gave me a shock pump, (don't know if that is normal or a hookup but I'm happy)So far the fork rides real nice, it is very light and I didn't think an air shock would feel as plush as this one does. Will update once I get some more time with it.

Favorite Trail:   local

Similar Products Used:   Marz Z1

Bike Setup:   Intense Tracer, 819 wheels XT disc hubs, XTR 8 spd, AC cranks, F100, King Headset, Avid Juicy 7, Easton cockpit

Submitted by Jeff a Cross Country Rider from Monterey

Date Reviewed: June 7, 2007

Strengths:    This fork is absolutly AWESOME, plush ride, The adjustability, for my style of rideing, really cant beat this fork

Weaknesses:    ZERO, NADA, NONE

Bottom Line:
Bottom line is I posted another review, when I was waiting for my fork and in my haste of frustration I posted a zero chilli all the way around, and very much dissed them for again my frustration I must appologise to the folks at Fox,I know it was not their doing, me haveing to wait a month for a brand new 08 fork that when I ordered it was not even made yet, I hate being an impatient man, but now that I have this fork and have riden this fork I am absolutly amazed on how this fork rides, fast sections I used to not really be able to see very well due to the shakeing of my old fork, this fox RLC F100 fork Now I %$#*
you not it is just like I am really floating down the hill like my tires are not even touching the ground, where I used to have to brake not and more just let it go and feel the freedom of this SWEET FOX RLC F100 fork, the lock out is adjustable, just cant beat this fork, It is SO worth the money by far, So again I apologize for my frustration and you guy`s and gal`s at fox are the best in your field, I also have the fox RP23 on my blur and I say the same for that to, being able to keep it locked out and still active is sweet, so everyone who reads this go out and get one remember FOX RLC F100 If I could put in more chilli`s I will put in, value 10 chilli`s and overall rating 20 chilli`s

Favorite Trail:   all of Fort Ord

Purchased At:   local bike shop

Similar Products Used:   Manitou, Rock shox

Bike Setup:   santa cruz blur mavic crossmax SL, FOX RLC 100,

Submitted by Brandon a Cross Country Rider from Seoul Korea

Date Reviewed: May 30, 2007

Strengths:    Much stronger than the r7 it replaced, stiffer and the blow off lets me ride locked out until I do something worthwile or make a mistake

Weaknesses:    The lock out knob wanders from time to time.

Bottom Line:
I like the set it and forget it feature. Yes, I could have got the X, but I basically have the same shock with a lot of tuneable features. I ride to all the trails I ride, so I ride pavement to the trail and then I can adjust to my riding conditions.

Favorite Trail:   Korea

Purchased At:   lbs seoul

Similar Products Used:   Manitou R7

Bike Setup:   Author Introvert, Full XTR, Custom Whheelset and carbon bits here and there. Fully loaded @ 9.5kgs

Submitted by jeff hobbs a Cross Country Rider from monterey ca usa

Date Reviewed: May 23, 2007

Strengths:    dont know like the other feller ordered it but since I got it EP employee purchase they put me in the way back of the line, did I say way way back of the line things that make you say hummm

Weaknesses:    dont know have not got the bloody chance to ride the thing

Bottom Line:
IF you want the fox fork, order it now for your Christmas pleasure, I dont know why they put a person who works for a bike shop and can tell people " hey this fox fork is the total bomb "get one " But no they put us knowlegeable bike folk in the back, but Im hoping one day one day I to will be floating on that new fork that fox 100mmRLC 08 fork
it is quite difficult to pick the chili I say low for now who knows what tomorrow will bring

Favorite Trail:   all of Fort Ord

Purchased At:   local bike shop

Similar Products Used:   manitou, rock shox, pretty much all them other forky dudes out there

Bike Setup:   Santa Cruz blur cross max sl, sram all the good poo poo stuff, of course NOT the FOX FORK YET

Submitted by Jamis Snow a Cross Country Rider from Grand Terrace, California

Date Reviewed: May 8, 2007

Strengths:    very plush! infinately adjustable (well not quite, but very adjustable). weight, ease of use.

Weaknesses:    like someone mentioned already, the axel dropout angle sucks, it is a paain to et the wheel on when used with discs.

Bottom Line:
i ride trails 5-7 times a week, i am somewhat aggressive, i had a rockshock Judy on my bike and blew it. i was looking at the TALAS and had one on my bike for a coulple of rides to check it out. i was impressed with it, but as soon as i saw and used the F100 there was no comparison. the f100 is smoother, weighs less, and has more adjustability. When comin into a turn, and under hard breaking there is no flex in the fork, i am very pleasedwith the performance of this fork. So if you dont need more than 100mm of travel go for it, you wont be dissipointed.

Favorite Trail:   jackrabbit