Home | Reviews | Videos | Tread

3.5/5 (6 Reviews)

Tread 2

Submitted by Nathan a Weekend Warrior from Rowlett, TX

Date Reviewed: April 19, 2004

Strengths:    Libor Karas, Johnny T, Lisa M.

Weaknesses:    Missy Giove, Odd Herbold "crosstraining" segment

Bottom Line:
This came on the same DVD as Tread and has a similar feel to it. Not a lot of headbanging and a good variety of music and riding styles. It took me a while to warm up to this movie. Missy is quite annoying and hard to take. When I finally gave it a chance and skipped the Missy talks, I found some very good segments. Johnny T rocks! I can hardly stay in my seat for that segment - really gets my desire up for riding and riding hard. I like the Lisa M. Latin music segment too. It makes me want to go ride also, but "Cripes!" I hope I don't encounter any challenging terrain. The segment has a very relaxed feel to it. My favorite, though, is the Libor Karas in Miami Beach segment. This 5-10 minute footage alone is worth the price of the DVD. I plan to try to find some other video's/DVD's with him in it. I recommend this DVD to anyone. If Missy starts to annoy you, just skip over her. There are plenty of other segments to enjoy.

Favorite Trail:   Womble

Purchased At:   Amazon MarketPlace

Similar Products Used:   Tread, Search for the Holy Trail, Ned Overend Mountainbiking

Bike Setup:   Jamis Dakota XC

Submitted by Bill a Weekend Warrior from Baltimore, MD

Date Reviewed: June 7, 1999

Strengths:
low price
hey, it's DVD

Bottom Line:
Picked this up at Suncoast on DVD as a double feature with Tread. I think Simitar put it out. I paid like $3 for it. No surround sound, but who cares. The picture quality is good and it was only $3. I wouldn't pay much more for the double freature but I am sure enjoying it for the little cash I paid. I give it 5 for the cheap price

6 months

Submitted by Daniel Witt a weekend warrior from Longmont, CO

Date Reviewed: March 6, 1999

Bottom Line:

Would agree with the other reviews. Way too much footage of Missy, not enough riding. Don't need to watch Greg Herbold drive his motorcycle and dune buggy around. Don't need to watch BMX guys riding bike down skislope. Don't need to watch Missy eating pasta and saying, Like 4,000 times. Wouldn't buy Tread III if it comes out.

Submitted by Daniel a cross-country rider from USA

Date Reviewed: January 3, 1999

Bottom Line:

This is a pretty good movie...well put together. I really like the racing footage. The interviews with Missy are ok, but do tend to get a little long. I hope there will be a Tread Three!

Submitted by Craig Thomas a weekend warrior

Date Reviewed: July 20, 1998

Bottom Line:

This film could have done better if they had not used so much footage over and over again. Too much centered on Missy G conversation instead of action. Sure wish we could have seen more segments on different places to ride and action from those places...well the thing was sponsered by big bike companies so what the heck did I expect? Quality? It was middle of the jeep trail.

Submitted by Sean ONeil a cross-country rider from morristown, nj

Date Reviewed: June 7, 1998

Bottom Line:

this movie's otherwise good footage is ruined by the Mountain Dew-head extreme bull about BMXers, snowboarders and downhillers. The amount of true mtb riding, i.e. singletrack riding and XC racing, is about 1/3 of the movie. avoid buying this unless you're a Level Betty lift-service rider who thinks fitness and climbing are for geeks.two chilies