Home | Reviews | Videos | Thor

Thor Statement Videos

VAS Entertainment is proud to announce the release of Statement, the 7th mountain bike title from Thor Wixom. Statement steps into new territory with next generation riders such as Mighty Mike and Chris Duncan, while paying homage to the roots of freeriding by featuring riding and commentary from pioneers like Krispy and Dangerous Dan.

Submitted by KavuRider a Cross Country Rider from Phoenix, AZ

Date Reviewed: September 17, 2003

Strengths:    The helmet cam footage is the best of any vid out there. Crash scenes section is pretty gnarly. I really enjoy the "Statements" and the music is pretty kickin'.

Weaknesses:    None that I can really think of. Too much Red Bull Freezeride footage.

Bottom Line:
I really liked this video. It wasn't as good as some of the other videos (New World Disorder) but it was a good change from the huge huck films. This video inspired me to go out and ride! I think that it did have a little too much footage of the Freezeride (same ol' thing over and over) and not enough of the Rampage.

Canfield's segment was awesome, he is so smooth. Flyun Ryun cruising down that rocky trail was cool too.

The music really annoyed me the first time around. As I listened to it more and more it started to grow on me. Most of the songs in the video are from Workhorse Movement and Earth Crisis. Now I have the Earth Crisis CD!

All in all a good flick with great camera angles, awesome footage, and great riding. I give it 5 chilis!

PS, Order from JustPushPlay.com, they are the coolest! I got my order in just two days! Plus, they sent me a receipt for my credit card! No other company has ever done that.

Favorite Trail:   Any that I can find

Purchased At:   JustPushPlay.com

Similar Products Used:   Thor's other vids, NWD series, Kranked 3 & 4

Bike Setup:   Between bikes right now

Submitted by Shawn a Downhiller from Campbell River, BC, Canada

Date Reviewed: August 4, 2003

Strengths:    Riding kicks total but, some new stuff I haven't seen before. Good camera work. Iinterviews were kinda cool.

Weaknesses:    Too much desert shots, needed way more shore stunts and ladders and THE MUSIC SUX! It's all horrible death metal! 2 good songs by pennywise and millencolin. What happened to the days when bike movies came with a rippin punk soundtrack, not all this pointless yelling.

Bottom Line:
Super good movie, buy it for the riding, but the music can lick my fat hairy balls. I'll post something when I can align some decent music to this video, ARRRGH! death metal! yuk!

Favorite Trail:   Dirt Merchant

Purchased At:   some place in whistler

Similar Products Used:   Kranked 1-5, Disorder 1-3, etc, etc

Bike Setup:   03 Banshee scream with Jr. T

Submitted by Joe from Buckley, Wa usa

Date Reviewed: May 2, 2003

Strengths:    Finally a bike DVD with some sound to it. Riding is awesome. Music produces testosterone. Bonus track dirt napping is raw and extreme. Can you say brain damage?

Weaknesses:    Too short!

Bottom Line:
I liked it. Great riding to behold. Music made me freak with energy...whatever. Crash scenes aren't do'n it for me anymore. I guess I'm desensitized after seeing so many on these vids. Good camera angles. Really liked the views they were capturing. Well done. Statements were a nice touch. Enjoyed hearing what these guys thought. Definitely check this out. I'm giving a "5" on value because this one sounded dynamic on my home theater system unlike many others. A "5" for overall because of the riding, music choice, and camera shots.

Purchased At:   Jenson Usa

Similar Products Used:   Search for the Holy Trail, Union, Contact, Disorder 1&3.

That's hot: Special Weather Statement

[COLOR=#333333][FONT=sans-serif]... Hot weather is expected today and Saturday... [/FONT][/COLOR] [COLOR=#333333][FONT=sans-serif]The hottest temperatures of the year so far are expected to occur[/FONT][/COLOR] [COLOR=#333333][FONT=sans-serif]across the inland valleys of the San Francisco Bay regio ... Read More »

A special weather statement.

Ride mtb Mon-Tues then dust off the roadie. If this was the first storm of the month, it would be darn good for the trails. But at this point when the trails are already soaked and perfect, this will put us over the top for the next 10 days. ------ Special Weather Statement Statement as of 8 ... Read More »

USADA Doping Statement

What do you think Oggie? [url]http://www.usada.org/cyclinginvestigationstatement.html[/url]Read More »

Statement From USADA CEO Travis T. Tygart Regarding The USPS Doping Conspiracy

Statement From USADA CEO Travis T. Tygart Regarding The U.S. Postal Service Pro Cycling Team Doping Conspiracy October 10, 2012 Today, we are sending the ‘Reasoned Decision’ in the Lance Armstrong case and supporting information to the Union Cycliste International (UCI), the World Anti-Doping ... Read More »

The statement : "You have to get used to riding a 29er"

Its true.... when I first started riding a 29er I was in my old habit of trying to avoid big rocks and try to ride around them... Now that I have learned that I can roll over much more, my riding with a 29er is so much better than with a 26er... its true that the 26er is slightly better for picking ... Read More »