Home | Reviews | Videos | NSX

NSX NSX (North Shore Extreme) Videos

4.26/5 (27 Reviews)

NSX (North Shore Extreme)

Submitted by CL a Cross Country Rider from S. Cal.

Date Reviewed: June 30, 2004

Strengths:    Exotic scenes, entertaining.

Weaknesses:    Most rides last no longer than 5 second followed by a crash. No continuous action on trail. Too many experimental video tricks.

Bottom Line:
I hate the camera man who made the longest ride in this video upside down through a foggy forest, it would have been a nine clip if only he set the camera upright! Stupid stuffs like that kill the film. Also there are way too many crashes, big and small ones happened every 5 second, you won't be able to see any continuous ride without a quick interruption.
It's more of a MTV entertaining video than a mountain bike inspiration film. North Shore Extreme 2 is much much better.

Similar Products Used:   NSE 2, much better.

Submitted by Tom Shearer a Weekend Warrior from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Date Reviewed: April 8, 2002

Strengths:    Where we all began

Weaknesses:    it's all good

Bottom Line:
It's interesting to watch the riders crash while trying to descend little bumps that nowadays they just launch off of. The crashes bring back memories. The fashions, the bikes. Get it to see where it all began.

Favorite Trail:   ForePlay

Purchased At:   MEC

Similar Products Used:   The rest

Bike Setup:   Giant AC1

Submitted by Andrew M a Downhiller from Coquitlam B.C.

Date Reviewed: December 2, 1999

Strengths:
F*kn kick ass drops and sweet as city riding!!

Weaknesses:
Muzic suked

Bottom Line:
F*ckin insane drop offs in video NSX 3 is the by far the best video i have seen in a long time buy it now!!!! it is sweet

Bitches Brew

less than 1 month

Hans Rey Trials Videos

Marzocchi Bombers Monster T vps 1 by norco

Submitted by Linc-age a Downhiller from Vancouver

Date Reviewed: October 18, 1999

Bottom Line:
The first one is o.k, the second one is better, and NSX3: Dirty Dreams, is the BEST!!!! YEAH, BABY!!!!

Diggers

2 Years

Submitted by Neale a Weekend Warrior from Sydney Aust

Date Reviewed: May 27, 1999

Strengths:
Footage of the sort of trails that I wish I could ride ( but can't because I'm on the wrong side of the Pacific and would probably kill myself if I tried at the moment.

Weaknesses:
Camera work isn't professional, but it'd be a bit hard to get broadcast quality hardware & film crews into the spots where these guys were, now wouldn't it?

Bottom Line:
Okay, I've got to ask, East Coast and Pete, just where do YOU ride. I do worse trails than most people I know, and I've trashed myself & my Proflex on rides that weren't a patch on the North Shore trails. Yeah people kept falling off (INCLUDING WADE SIMMONS EC), but are you good enough to do those trails without a stack? I know I'm not. Great footage of people doing what I'd love to. (BTW, to those riders, I hate you, nothing personal, just plain old jealousy) Well worth getting, even if you have to track it down from the other side of the world like I did, not too difficult really, just get onto Mitch at KOTS (follow the link) and he'll get it sorted out for you damn quick.

The Oaks

less than 1 month

NSX II
Chainsmoke

Submitted by East Coast a weekend warrior from North Van

Date Reviewed: February 3, 1999

Bottom Line:

So, whats up with the hand held camera?
It's non stop shaking of the camera I can barely watch the video without getting motion sickness.
I could also play better music in my garage with my buddies and casio keyboard from k-mart.
Too many falls and not enough big air!!
Too many inexperienced riders not enough hard cores like Wade Simmons and Cory Leclerc.
Time to ditch the 15 year olds

Submitted by joe jocks a racer from vannycouver

Date Reviewed: January 29, 1999

Bottom Line:

NORTH SHORE BABY!!!! THIS VIDEO KICKS A SERIOUS FATTY. NSX 2 IS BETTER BECAUSE IT IS LESS BLURRY THAN NUMBER 1. BUY BOTH!!!
THIS VIDEO IS SORTA SHORT BUT HAS MORE FOOTAGE OF DROPOFFS THAN THE 2ND. THIS MOVIE IS JUST PLAIN SICK!!!!

Submitted by Jeremy Clarke a weekend warrior from Vancouver BC. Canada

Date Reviewed: January 24, 1999

Bottom Line:

The North Shore is some of the best, scariest, most technically challenging terrain in the world. The riders of the shore have learned to ride thier bikes in ways most people would could not comprehend. I am fourtunate enough to ride most of the trails and with most of the riders you see in both NSX & NSX2, and even though the videos are rockin', they still don't show just how steep, or how tall that wheelie drop really is when you right their! Digger we all owe you one, you da man!!!

Submitted by sidetrack a downhiller from north shore, Vancouver

Date Reviewed: January 20, 1999

Bottom Line:

This movie is rippin, it's got the craziest, knarliest, most hardcore raw footage that can been seen anywhere.The trails are sick the riders are sicker and the producer put it together in style that will send shivers down your spine.You get to see big crashes, insane lines and huge air, theres even a crazy guy on a unicycle. If you wana see real riders tackle the most hardcore terrain and ride it with style buy this flick.

Submitted by Eric SkaDrums Bogart a cross-country rider from Cincinnati, OH

Date Reviewed: January 17, 1999

Bottom Line:

Hahaha.... this video was SWEET! I honestly couldn't believe this the first time I saw it. Or the second... you get the idea. This is truly an incredible video. Buy it for the unicyclist, and enjoy everything. Nothing short of full satisfaction.Eric

Submitted by andy f. a cross-country rider from Tucson, AZ

Date Reviewed: December 23, 1998

Bottom Line:

NSX II is the best mountain biking video i've ever seen! The terrain is amazing and the camera angles put you right there in the action. The riders are truly amazing and the video doesn't try to hide the pain and punishment these people endure to learn their moves. My favorite parts are the footage of Dangerous Dan and that incredible unicycle rider. I thought the footage of Richey Schley was kinda weak by comparison. His high-speed style just doesn't film as well as some of the super-slow, super-technical stuff. Towards the end, I felt that they ran out of the really great footage and filled the space with the merely very good. I'm still giving it 5 chilis, though.

Submitted by Dave Macki a cross-country rider from Ottawa, Canada

Date Reviewed: December 23, 1998

Bottom Line:

NSX II -> Awesome video. The trails and the riders on the 'shore are truly amazing. I got to ride some the 'shore this summer and was humbled very quickly (but I had alot fun!). The vid is better than the first one because of the camera angles (either up close to get an idea of how hard the ride is or some great panoramic views to get an idea to the surroundings) and more of a focus on the riding aspect (rather than the wipe outs).

Submitted by The Bike Shop (Powell River BC) a weekend warrior from Canada

Date Reviewed: December 19, 1998

Bottom Line:

Ohh Man, just finished watching NSX 2, and have to say it was crrazzzy. Better than the first (but still needs some new tunes. Shows what mountain biking is all about on the west coast. we were all glad to see a vid with some riding not like Kranked, sandboxes are for preschoolers!

Submitted by arby a weekend warrior from north van

Date Reviewed: October 7, 1998

Bottom Line:

man, just wait till the new one comes out!! it supposed to have alot less bails in it, although i found those rather entertaining, and even bigger stuff, as far as i know, there's no place that would make the north shore look like disney land, and if there is , dammit, why isn't there a video of it , that would rock, in fact any thing close to the north shore would rock!!!!!!1

Submitted by Pete a downhiller from Freehold, NJ

Date Reviewed: September 10, 1998

Bottom Line:

After reading all the reviews below I decided to buy the video. What a disappointment. I liked the trails which were pretty radical, but unless you like watching a bunch of bikers falling in almost every shot, I would not suggest buying it. Shit, if that is what people are spending there hard earned money on, I'll take my camera to Plattekill, NY and make North Shore look like Disneyland with a lot less falling. I'll give it 2 stars for effort.