1upUSA Roam Videos

"Roam" comes to us from the producers of "The Collective" - in our opinion, the best MTB film ever created, and one of the best-selling cycling DVDs ever. We expect more of the same from "Roam", the hotly-anticipated sequel. "Roam" stars Andrew Shandro, Wade Simmons, Thomas Vanderham and more on some of the most beautiful terrain mt. biking has to offer, set to a progressive soundtrack. Youll watch this one over and over - and then youll want to get out and ride!

Submitted by justanothernoob a Weekend Warrior from Auckland, New Zealand

Date Reviewed: May 6, 2009

Strengths:    Awesome movie - great footage of some amazing riders with absolutely wicked scenery.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
Awesome. Just awesome. ;o)

The footage is fantastic as is the list of riders filmed.

Great selection of music to accompany the awesome footage and some brilliant riding skills.

Every time I watch it I notice different things and it keeps blowing me away - whether it's the scenery or the skills.

I reckon this has something of appeal for all mountain bikers.

Favorite Trail:   Whakarewarewa

Purchased At:   FreeRide'n

Similar Products Used:   Progression, Elemental, Drive,

Bike Setup:   Glory 8

Submitted by ErieRider a Racer from Erie, PA, USA

Date Reviewed: January 29, 2009

Strengths:    A variety of segments focusing on a wide variety of riding styles. Amazing cinematography, lots of cable shots, great high speed footage, nice helmet cam shots. Superb sound track.

Bottom Line:
I am shocked that this isn't the most purchased video on the listing. Outstanding video, if you don't believe me check out a few of the segments on YouTube. Best footage is the Whistler segment, best sound track is the Sun Valley segment.

Similar Products Used:   Have all the collective DVDs.

Submitted by Heagan Bayles a Weekend Warrior from Fort Worth, Texas USA

Date Reviewed: December 7, 2007

Strengths:    Film Quality, Bikers have mad skills, exotic location, music and film style.

Weaknesses:    I can't think of anything

Bottom Line:
The discovery channel couldn't do a better video on this subject. This video really captures you and you can't stop thinking about it. This video is a MUST in any bikers collection.

Favorite Trail:   Any

Purchased At:   Bikes Inc

Similar Products Used:   The Collective Video

Bike Setup:   Beer, Couch, Surround Sound and a 42" Plasma TV

Submitted by Curt a Weekend Warrior from Aviano, Italy

Date Reviewed: May 23, 2007

Strengths:    The zipline shots are awesome, the music is great, and there is a perfect mix of freeride, downhill, trials, and dirt jumping.

Bottom Line:
I am relatively new to MTB, but this is hands down the best extreme sports video I've ever seen, ever. It makes me want to go ride everytime i watch it.

Favorite Trail:   Anything

Similar Products Used:   Various BMX, MTB, snowboard, paintball, and skateboard films.

Submitted by Joey Walla a Cross Country Rider from Snohomish WA, USA

Date Reviewed: May 22, 2007

Strengths:    Amazing footage, a totally different way to show a video, lots of zipline shots, on-board, and great music

Weaknesses:    Footage taken wasn't super hardcore, a much more causual movie, but still very good movie

Bottom Line:
Great movie, great footage, great music, like I said the footage isn't super hardcore, but very nice change in pace compared to most movies I have seen.....show all of your friends they will be impressed :)

Favorite Trail:   Pipeline Cutoff

Purchased At:   Bicycle Centres

Submitted by Andrew a Cross Country Rider from Dover, NJ, USA

Date Reviewed: May 7, 2007

Strengths:    Everything from the quality of the video, to the music to the riders to the narrative!

Weaknesses:    Only 45 min. Then again, the more time I spend watching tv the less time I'm out riding.

Bottom Line:
The best mountain bike video I have ever seen...period! Incredible location shots, action, and music. If you dont have this DVD buy it right now! Very inspiring!!! I probably watched it about 10 times the first 2 weeks I got it. Makes me want to travel to each and every loction I saw in this movie.

Favorite Trail:   The NYC Streets!

Similar Products Used:   The Collection

Bike Setup:   Fezzari Alta Peak

Submitted by a cas a Weekend Warrior from thunder bay on

Date Reviewed: February 22, 2007

Strengths:    Unreal movie, one of the best ive scene, opening scene w/ bearclaw is wa wa wee wa

Weaknesses:    too short, didnt want it to end

Bottom Line:
Buy it

Favorite Trail:   mine

Purchased At:   ?

Similar Products Used:   kranked, nwd.

Submitted by Tom a Weekend Warrior from Powassan

Date Reviewed: January 28, 2007

Strengths:    this is an absolutly amazing video.. aww inspiering, beautiful scenery, makes you want to head to the forest..and the north shore....ROAD TRIP

Weaknesses:    not many, but it is short..so I put it on shop loop, and just watch it a few times..

Bottom Line:
this video is amasing, if you only buy 2 movies this year, get the Collective, and Roam...GO Buy it now..go on!!

Favorite Trail:   any one

Purchased At:   beyondbikes.com

Similar Products Used:   the Collective, NSX8 Cease and Desist, NSX9 trails tails and other lies,

Bike Setup:   Haro X7, Marzocchi Drop Off triple, Truvativ Holsfeller cranks, Sram X7 gears, Hayes Sole hyd. brakes, and soon to come Fox Racing DHX 5.0 shock, SNAFU bar ends, SNAFU gold grips,Specialized gold pedels, Alex Supra D gold rims, maby Avid Code brakes

Submitted by Sasa5464 a Weekend Warrior from Croatia

Date Reviewed: December 15, 2006

Strengths:    Everything

Weaknesses:    Too short :(

Bottom Line:
This is just an amazing mtb video. The first time i watched it, i coludn't believe this guys put together something so cool. Everything is just perfect; soundtrack, shots, riders, even the comments.
Not a thing i expected, after watching a hole bunch of other movies.
Fantastic work!

Similar Products Used:   NWD 1-7, Earthed 1-3, Kranked 1-5, Clorophillia, CKD, Chain Reaction 4...

Submitted by Jeremy a Weekend Warrior from Corvallis, OR, USA

Date Reviewed: September 29, 2006

Strengths:    Everything...
Its inspirational, amazing video and soundtrack, perfect flow, no boring sports, diverse types of mtb shown...just perfect!

Weaknesses:    Uhm, i wish the video was longer so I could still be watching it but I'll settle for watching it over again

Bottom Line:
Get this video and watch it and then show it to your friends and then have them buy it and show it to their friends.

Purchased At:   online