Vredestein Tiger Claw Older Tires

• High-performance
  • 36-58psi inflation pressure

Submitted by Antti a Cross Country Rider from Helsinki, Finland

Date Reviewed: October 2, 2006

Strengths:    see above

Weaknesses:    see above

Bottom Line:
This is an edit to the review I wrote earlier. I have now tested the tyres on rain-soaked rocks and forest floor. As expected, the beautiful grip vanishes to some point when it is raining. However, despite the lack of grip, these tyres still act logically. They slide sideways quite easily, but the slide is controlled and manageable, and riding is as easy as it can be under such conditions. No need to lessen the Chilis I gave the product.

Similar Products Used:   see above

Bike Setup:   see above

Submitted by Antti a Cross Country Rider from Helsinki, Finland

Date Reviewed: September 30, 2006

Strengths:    Rather light, rolls quite well on tarmac, good grip on smooth rocks and boulders. Nice-looking.

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
Very nice tires, hold well on dry surfaces (forest, roots, rocks and boulders). Because of a severe lack of rain in Helsinki lately, I have not been able to test the tires on wet surfaces. Overall quality seems fine, but remember, I have only used these for a short while. If excessive wear or tear occurs, I shall post it here.

Favorite Trail:   Keskuspuisto, Central Park, Helsinki