Serfas Burner Wire Bead Older Tires

3.67/5 (3 Reviews)
Weight : 750 grams

• Integrated Flat Protection Systems
  • Each knob’s spine-like connections
  • Tough inner core reduces flats
  • Great on mud and hard pack

Submitted by +push IT to the LIMIT+ a Cross Country Rider from Someplace in, Michigan

Date Reviewed: October 11, 2008

Strengths:    They won't let you down!

Weaknesses:    It was made in Taiwan

Bottom Line:
They may be cheap, but they won't let you down! Do you want to be out there on the trails and have to worry about a flat? I never had to worry about that with these tires. When I bought the bike I have now, they came with some expensive brand I cant remember. The tires were new and they werent ready to be thrown away yet. Abyway, i got flats with those things I didnt think I was going to get a flat with! Coming out smelling like a rose were these Serfus Burner tires! Went through the same spot I got a flat witht the other tire with no prob. However, I am not trying anymore tires regardless if they are a good deal or not! I am stuck on my WTB Motoraptors! If you can afford the Motoraptors, get them! I have owned many sets of these tires and I have not found anything better than them!!!

Similar Products Used:   WYB

Bike Setup:   FS Jamis Dakar XC Expert

Submitted by williams.cory1112 a Cross Country Rider from Michigan, Michigan

Date Reviewed: October 11, 2008

Strengths:    Very Rugged, Strong, Great Traction, All around good tire for the money.....

Weaknesses:    Rubber is a bit soft, so it doesn't last to long. But with any tire with soft rubber its expected to happen.

Bottom Line:
Really a great tire! DO NOT listen to that stupid guy above me. What a cry baby! Complaining about weight. Yeah, like an extra pound matters! Dude, if your going to be ridding on asphalt get a fricken road bike! He aint man enough to muster the extra strengh to move a real mountain bike tire! Pffff. Believe me, this tire is like any other MTB tire. I ride 30 miles a day ON ASPHALT with these things and its no different that my Motoraptors. Anyway, these tire grip very good, they wont completely drain your wallet and its an excellent all around tire. When it comes time to get new tires, I won't be getting these again though. I have tried many different MTB tires and I am stuck on WTB Motoraptors! My experiance wasnt bad with these tires, I just prefer the ones I have been getting a long time now. If price is no object, I highly recommend getting the WTB Motoraptors! But if your on a budget no other tire around this price is better. And again, never mind what that duefuss said above me. He obviously aint no real biker. And even if he was so concerned about wieght, he would be buying $80.00 peice tires and not cheap ones.

Purchased At:   Someplace in Coeur d