Kenda Kwick Older Tires

2.6/5 (15 Reviews)
Weight : 445 grams MSRP : $25.00

• Aggressive semi-slick tread
  • Strong side-knobs for dependability in the turns
  • Size: 26 x 1.7, 1.95 and 700c for cyclocross
  • Wire or Kevlar

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by cassava a Weekend Warrior from Jakarta, Indonesia

Date Reviewed: November 13, 2011

Strengths:    It rolls very well on tarmac and dry soil.

Weaknesses:    It lost its traction on wet soil, mire

Bottom Line:
    It’s dependable on tarmac and dry soil but the worst thing will happen when you meet the wet soil, mire or the wet rooty section of the track. Not recommended for AM but works very well for the weekend warrior like me. :D

Favorite Trail:   JPG, UI wood

Purchased At:   FREE. it's given awa

Similar Products Used:   Maxxis Ignitor

Bike Setup:   Wimcycle C-One

Submitted by victor a Cross Country Rider from Julian

Date Reviewed: August 23, 2010

Strengths:    Accelerate very fast. Climbs great. Best on rocky hardpack, but have also proven capable on soggy ruts. I use them on a single speed rigid mtb and have had great results. I use a tire liner for flat protection and run @ 80 psi.

Weaknesses:    Not great on sand.

Bottom Line:
    I will never go back to FAT tires again. Being able to climb like this makes my rides much more fun.

Favorite Trail:   Big Laguna

Purchased At:   traded a set of Neve

Similar Products Used:   Other Kenda tires.

Bike Setup:   SS 29er rigid with cyclocross tires. Loads o' fun!!!

Submitted by tri wibowo a Cross Country Rider from indonesia

Date Reviewed: August 15, 2010

Strengths:    good

Weaknesses:    little slippery

Bottom Line:
    ok

Favorite Trail:   Giant

Similar Products Used:   pacific

Bike Setup:   by my self

Submitted by MNExplorer a Weekend Warrior from Burnsville, MN

Date Reviewed: May 22, 2010

Strengths:    Smooth ride on pavement.

Weaknesses:    Weak side walls. Too many flats for the miles and surfaces I have ridden on.

Bottom Line:
    This woould be a good tire if you ride it only on paved or really well groomed trails. If you take it off those you run the rsk of having a side wall go out on you, like I did. These tires have been the only downside to this bike.

Favorite Trail:   lots

Purchased At:   Came on my Raleigh M

Bike Setup:   Standard off the rack Mjave 2.0, no modifications.

Submitted by dabomber a Cross Country Rider from Szeged, Hungary

Date Reviewed: January 15, 2010

Bottom Line:
    These are the worst tires i've ever used.

Purchased At:   mhervis =)

Submitted by NorCal Bike Guy a Racer from San Mateo, CA

Date Reviewed: July 8, 2008

Strengths:    Absolutely the best race tire, providing you know how to ride a bike. Lightest useable tire you're going to find anywhere. Incredible speed due to exceptionally low rolling resistance. Excellent traction except in wet mud, but hey, nothing gets traction in wet mud. I'm buying extra sets just in cse they stop making them.

Weaknesses:    Sure they might slide around a bit in the crners, but once the side knobs dig in, your bike is on rails until you release yourself out of the turn. Sure you might get a flat riding over glass, but why the hell would you want to ride over glass?

Bottom Line:
    Exceptionally fast, light high performance tire.

Favorite Trail:   Skeggs Point

Purchased At:   Speed Goat

Similar Products Used:   Ritchey speedmax (Alpha, Omega, and mudmax). Ride in Norther California and Ontario Canada.

Bike Setup:   Yeti ASR and Trek 8500

Submitted by Mark a Weekend Warrior from Texas

Date Reviewed: July 3, 2003

Strengths:    None to speak of.

Weaknesses:    Shiatty tire. I kept the pressure between 70-75lbs, rode them mostly on asphalt with a small daily dose of hardpack, and the sidewall blew out where the bead meets the nylon/rubber crap. Do not spend a dime on this junk.

Bottom Line:
    As stated above - these tires are bottom-feeders. I've never had ANY tire give way as quickly as these. Matter of fact, I've never had a tire this shiatty - EVER. Kenda has a lot of work to do in order to gain any traction in this part of the market. Pun intended.

Purchased At:   came on bike

Similar Products Used:   Looking for advice...

Bike Setup:   03 Bianchi Axis

Submitted by Lyndon a Weekend Warrior from Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Date Reviewed: April 27, 2003

Strengths:    It was free, that's the only reason it's on my bike. The sidewall blew off my old tire in the middle of a tour, and someone was kind enough to give me this one.

Weaknesses:    Flats. Lots of flats. Poor grip on anything wet. I can make my back tire spin out on level ground.

Bottom Line:
    Don't buy these unless the ground you're riding on is perfectly dry without debris. Where I'm from, if you have to dodge glass to avoid flats, then you can't really ride anywhere. Glass has an amazing ability to hide in the gravel that's thrown on icy streets. Traction is terrible. I would be very angry if I'd spent one cent on this. The guy who gave me mine must've been chuckling.

Favorite Trail:   anything where the wind's at my back

Similar Products Used:   Panaracer XC pro, Tioga stock

Bike Setup:   Bar bike that I can leave wherever without fear of theft.

Submitted by David a Weekend Warrior from Canada

Date Reviewed: December 6, 2002

Strengths:    good on paths and gravel

Weaknesses:    slide in mud and over roots

Bottom Line:
    not bad until you hit a trail with roots and mud

Similar Products Used:   Kenda Kenetics (they're the best)

Bike Setup:   2002 Norco Charger

Submitted by scott silvers a Cross Country Rider from novi, michigan

Date Reviewed: October 7, 2002

Strengths:    came with cyclocrosser, kona jake the snake. Didnt realize how good they were til I replaced them with some Geax Reverts.

Weaknesses:    Would like to see a wider version for cyclocrossing

Bottom Line:
    Cyclocrossers! this is a decent tire that grips way better than it has a right to when using it off-road. Its fast on pavement and has just enuff knob to do it off road. Great "thin" tire.

Favorite Trail:   highland

Similar Products Used:   Geax Revert, avocet

Bike Setup:   2001 kona jake the snake cyclocrosser

Submitted by John a Racer from Appleton, WI

Date Reviewed: September 11, 2002

Strengths:    They hold air.

Weaknesses:    The worst tire I've ever used. I used for 1 hour & took them off for good.

Bottom Line:
    I puchased these these as a recommendation from my LBS. I seriously questioned the brand and the comeback was "They're the largest tire mfr. in the world, so they can't make junk..." I'm sorry, but after one 15 mile pre-ride lap on dry ground at the 24 Hours of 9 Mile I can honestly say I could not control my bike at any speed, on any terrain. My teammates wondered what my problem was!! DO NOT BUY THESE EVEN FROM THE BARGAIN BIN!

Favorite Trail:   any

Purchased At:   Wheel & Sprocket

Similar Products Used:   13 years of every possible combination

Bike Setup:   CC...The way I like it

Submitted by Jer Thomas a Cross Country Rider from SW Ontario

Date Reviewed: July 31, 2002

Strengths:    Cost effecient, good all around tire for a ratio of 50/50 street/trail. Smooth, quiet, decent street handling, OK on dirt, OK on gravel. Awesome looking tire, love that red stripe on the side wall.

Weaknesses:    terrible in mud (yeah, semislick), Positively SUCKS in rain on ashphalt, wont even hook up unless moderately applying torque. The KENDA KWIK insignia on the left sidewall with the racing flag patter is QUEER! looks like something off a toddler's trike.

Bottom Line:
    If you have read these reviews and think it sounds like a tire for you then buy it. If it doesn't sound like the tire for your needs then don't. Obviously.

Favorite Trail:   any set of train tracks

Purchased At:   Canadian Tire

Similar Products Used:   Loud, crappy, poor handling tires of a questionable brand that were on my jeep when I aqcuired her.

Bike Setup:   2000 Jeep Renegade, full suspension, rear monroe coilover.

Submitted by sean penn a Weekend Warrior from somewhere,in,australia

Date Reviewed: March 19, 2002

Strengths:    none

Weaknesses:    these tires don't grip regardless of the surface.. too many crashes, too sore. replaced with a pair of REAL tyres..

Bottom Line:
    don't go fast!!

Favorite Trail:   all

Purchased At:   somestore

Bike Setup:   R.M frame,sun big M fat,xt disc hubs,azonic bar

Submitted by David a Weekend Warrior from Sydney, Australia

Date Reviewed: September 30, 2001

Strengths:    Good on hardpacked ground and open fire trails

Weaknesses:    Lousy on rocky ground (like creek beds). I've shredded rear sidewalls twice on fist-sized rocky ground because the tyres can't stand sliding off them. Lousy in mud (but semislicks are anyway) or slippery track.

Bottom Line:
    Inexpensive tyres which are good on road and hard,open fire trails. But the sidewalls give out on anything beyond billiard table roughness. They can be good if used only on the front with something a bit more aggressive and substantial on the back. For the price, they are good if you don't intend getting into the rough stuff.

Favorite Trail:   Pennant Hills/Lane Cove National Park