Koski Engineering Revolver Pro Pedals Older Pedals

1.4/5 (5 Reviews)

- Adjustable Tension - SPD® Cleat Compatible - Downhill style in a cross country size - Heat-treated, spring steel retention plates - Mud ports in the body and retainer plates - Large platform alloy body - Cromoly spindle - Sealed needle and ball bearing construction - Weight: 310g

Submitted by cRock from Atlanta

Date Reviewed: September 26, 2002

Strengths:    None

Weaknesses:    Where do I begin....

Bottom Line:
I had heard these pedals weren't the best, but I gave them a try since they came on my bike......

These pedals are awful death traps. Clicking in is completely unreliable and the platform is far too small to be useful unless you're clicked in. Clicking out is akin to tearing your foot out of a bear trap!!!!! Yet, somehow they tend to pop out on bumpy trails - amazing. I can't see how anyone could use these pedals. I stay up nights wondering why Bianchi specs them.

On the up side they were replaced by Time Zs which are awesome in every way by comparison!

Similar Products Used:   Time Z Pedals

Bike Setup:   Biachi King Bee stock except for Time Z Pedals

Submitted by Nick Ingalsbe a Weekend Warrior from Corfu, ny

Date Reviewed: February 5, 2002

Strengths:    N O N E At all

Weaknesses:    piece of CRAP. Looked them up in a magazine and were over priced. Immpossible to adjust. Better off using a regular pedal.

Bottom Line:
Do not buy these even if there free. They are worthless. I use them as paper weights.

Purchased At:   with my bike at dicks

Similar Products Used:   wellgo M7

Bike Setup:   Mongoose Harluck

Submitted by Quo Vadis a Cross Country Rider from Eureka, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: January 21, 2002

Strengths:    None

Weaknesses:    Worthless pieces of flaming dog pile

Bottom Line:
Completely frustrated and confused with these pedals...I took my bike to the shop where I bought them. After about 15 minutes of tinkering the mechanic agreed that they are total CRAP! and exchanged them for some Shimano SPD M515's. He said this is their first and LAST experience with this brand. DON'T BUY THESE...THEY SUCK...I'M NOT KIDDING!!!

Favorite Trail:   illegal ones

Purchased At:   Henderson Ctr. Bicycle Shop

Similar Products Used:   Shimano SPD, old school VP's

Bike Setup:   Hard Tail XC

Submitted by rooster a Cross Country Rider from chickamauga, ga, usa

Date Reviewed: January 19, 2002

Strengths:    stout design

Weaknesses:    impossible to get adjusted or to keep in adjustment, difficult entry, and even more difficult exit (I have cuts and bruises to prove it)

Bottom Line:
The last reviewer got a helluva deal because cambria sells these for $94...but the point is they are really a pain in the ass...as a matter of fact I have converted back to platform...however maybe someone who is a little more mechanically inclined could get them to work and if so they are built very tough

Favorite Trail:   north pocket

Purchased At:   came on my bike

Similar Products Used:   nothing else is quite so lame

Bike Setup:   mongoose black diamond series/mavic/avid/kore/rockshox

Submitted by Quo Vadis a Cross Country Rider from Eureka, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: January 6, 2002

Strengths:    Cheap

Weaknesses:    Cheap

Bottom Line:
Not real impressed as of yet. The adjustment is pretty lame and comlicated, takes two tools at the same time, not very conveinient for backcountry. When they're tightened you can hardly get your cleat out OR IN for that matter, and when they're loosened its hard to stay in and there is too much slop. I looked here for someone ele's input and found none, so I thought I would drop in my $0.02. Spend the money, get something better. I miss my old VP's, after ten years I think I got my money's worth from them before they finally broke.

Favorite Trail:   The ones we're not allowed on