Twinlabs Ripped Fuel Older Nutrition

3.5/5 (6 Reviews)

Twinlab Ripped Fuel

Submitted by AC from Boston, MA

Date Reviewed: May 18, 2003

Strengths:    Actually I am not a cyclist, however someone posted something about ripped fuel acting as an over the counter ridalin. I take a sufficient amount of adderall on a daily basis just to get through school, and if it weren't for adderall i would never ever in my wildest dreams have been able to pull my academics together in high school (I received very poor grades in junior high until i began taking it in mid-8th grade). However, adderall really changes you on the emotional level-- you become quiet, attentive, anti-social and have a completely different personality where you have a strong work ethic and motivation to go do things. When rted taking adderall i discovered my athletic talents. Before i had no commitment and found it very hard to focus with sports and school. Well I tried ripped fuel the other night for my game (only one capsule), and by far played the best game in my four years of lacrosse.

I'd give it my all for the first quarter then become fatigued by the second from all the running. The adderall would keep me focused on the game but wouldnt help my motivation to play hard 100% the time and win after a period of time. Without adderall all i think about is giving 110% and the wrestling them "winning isnt everything, its the only thing", but i cant retain this work ethic because i just think about other stuff especially when i come off when we switch to offense.

In this game, i didn't take my adderral and a friend who im graduating with this year recomended ripped fuel. It was the best game of my life--i was all over the place and i only had to focus on playing hard defense without thinking about going 110% because I already was doing it (and no, I tried pushing harder but couldn’t). I also could breath much easier than normal (i have asthma). My coach personally came up to me and told me i had more hustle in that game than anyone had all year.

I am writing this because the stuff really does have a lot of benefits if used in the right amount on the right person. I definatley agree that this stuff should be off limits only 18+ and there should be a warning for the smaller or more "vertically challenged" people out there. I'm a big guy and only took one, but it still worked great. I don't want to say that it should be prescribed, but that may be one of the smarter options in the future if the price can be lowered. As with any type of drug, you're bound to find side effects on certain individuals because everyone has different bodies. If someone takes two advil and their headache doesnt go away because it hasnt kicked in, they often take one or two more. This is the same situation, but with a greater risk when taking that one or two extra. I think that ephedrine is a great product, but definatley isn't for everyone. Im going to try taking this stuff for school and see how it works because i dont want to be combining the adderall with the ephedrine. With luck, I can get off the overpriced overrated ADD medication and still eb able to act normal. Focusing though, i'll see how that works out. Btw, sorry for the essay i'm just on the beach right now with a lil too much free time.

Weaknesses:    drink water so you dont get too cramped and DONT take too much.

Bottom Line:
This stuff works.

Purchased At:   friend

Submitted by jc from ny

Date Reviewed: October 7, 2002

Strengths:    great for tremors and strokes

Weaknesses:    great for tremors and strokes

Bottom Line:
i suggest serious research for anyone hooked on this stuff. it's application should never be performance related, but don't worry you'll learn the hard way like so many others. rating is high when used properly, but for the sake of this application-very low

Similar Products Used:   all ephedra products out there

Bike Setup:   several cannondales

Submitted by Joe a Weekend Warrior from Lombard, IL, USA

Date Reviewed: May 2, 2001

Strengths:    Nice boost of energy right before and during a good workout or game.

Weaknesses:    after i work out im very tired if I dont work out hard.

Bottom Line:
I usally take 2 for a killer workout, 1 for a good boost of energy about 30 mins or so before a average work out. I have definatly noticed a big difference in all my excersize maxes in the last three months. I would definatly recommend it for the soccer play, basketball player, volleyball player, track star. If you want to add weight however, (football) I would look for something else.

Purchased At:   Grocery store

Similar Products Used:   general ginsing

Bike Setup:   regular mountain bike

Submitted by Joe Smith a Weekend Warrior from Chattanooga,TN,USA

Date Reviewed: November 3, 2000

Strengths:    Ripped fuel is good for a daily boost. It is a bronchial dialator which helps you breath better and get more oxygen. I am certain that I can think better at times when using it;great for studying or at school. I don't take two at a time, I take one in morning and one about 5 hours later-this seems to work pretty good. I was really looking for something to help me think better for tests. this seems to work fairly well. I am also melancholy by nature which means the corners of my mouth might move up a little at extrememly funny things. These seem to help perk me up some. In fact I've been told I'm ADHD which means Ripped Fuel might be my over the counter Ritalin.

Weaknesses:    Not very good for hard workouts. Must eat at exact proper time or you feel bad. If I go too long w/o food I get sleepy.

Bottom Line:
Good for my lifestyle. No need to take anything that will put me on cloud nine or make me feel like just jumping up and down.

Favorite Trail:   n/a

Purchased At:   local store

Similar Products Used:   Metabolife, Ripped Caps

Bike Setup:   Regular ol mtn bike

Submitted by Matt a Weekend Warrior from Berkeley, CA

Date Reviewed: December 6, 1999

Strengths:
nice pick-me-up

Weaknesses:
pretty weak compared to competitors' products

Bottom Line:
This stuff is pretty tame compared to most of the others. If you weigh less than about 150 lbs, this is probably the stuff for you. However, I weigh about 200 lbs, and have found that if I want to trim some fat and add some tangible intensity to my workouts (of any kind), I have to go with Dymetadrine Xtreme. Now that stuff is a kicker.

6 months

Dymetadrine Xtreme, Thermadrene

Submitted by Foxracer a Racer from Ironton,Ohio

Date Reviewed: October 30, 1999

Strengths:
As a dietary supplement to loose weight this stuff rocks. It also will burn fat while maintaing lean muscle. 4 of the pills a day, 2 in the morning when you wake and 2 in the afternoon will run the weight off of you. Also pop a couple before your next epic and your buddies will try and keep up, maybe.

Weaknesses:
As with other weight reducers it will cause sleeplessness and possibly raise your blood pressure.

Bottom Line:
This stuff rocks. No less than five big fat stars for this one.

Pisgah,NC