Sportsquest Carbo Pro Older Nutrition

4.4/5 (5 Reviews)

Sportsquest Carbo Pro

Submitted by James Dillion a Racer from Dallas, Texas

Date Reviewed: August 4, 2003

Strengths:    Sustained energy for distance rides and ironman distance training/racing.

Weaknesses:    only comes in 3lb tub

Bottom Line:
Truly a good product without all the gimics of advertising. This product works. I can sustain an energy level that I could never before for intense long workouts and races. I get a constant flow of high energy rather than others that spike for only 15 minutes. Good Stuff. 8)

Purchased At:   Sportsquest Direct

Similar Products Used:   Accelorade

Bike Setup:   Custom Built Griffen

Submitted by George Berman from San Francisco

Date Reviewed: July 28, 2001

Strengths:    Nuetral flavor (non-sweet) pure complex carbs - can be mixed with any flavor of your choice. Pure calories - great for endurance athletes. Very easy on the stomach - loads of energy - easy for carboloading. Sustained energy throughout the ride or race. Available only at www.sportquestdirect.com. 3.0 lb tub lasts for about 30 training rides.

Weaknesses:    3.0 lb. tub - not available in smaller sizes.

Bottom Line:
Great Product - no hype. Pure Complex Carbs.

Favorite Trail:   Monterey

Purchased At:   www.sportquestdirect.com

Similar Products Used:   Cytomax, G-PUSH

Submitted by Steve Santel a Racer from Carlsbad, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: July 21, 2000

Strengths:    This is the best carbohydrate replacement drink I have ever tried. When using Carbo Pro you never feel a lack of energy, you have a constant flow of fuel. The neutral flavor allows you to change the taste with each ride if you wish. It is also a great value at about 75 cents for a 225 calorie serving.

Weaknesses:    The only weekness it could have is it's sticky when it spills on your bike.

Bottom Line:
This is a must product for anyone who need high energy food before, during and after a ride.

Similar Products Used:   I've tried Gu, Power Gel, Ultimate Fuel and regular food.

Submitted by Richard a racer from Boise, ID

Date Reviewed: May 12, 1998

Bottom Line:

I've been using Sportsquest products for years, and I am completely convinced that they offer the endurance athlete the nutritional tools to perform at a higher level. The Carbo-Pro, in conjunction with the Recover Amino Acids and Vantage phosphate fuels, give you more energy, help you recover more quickly, and help you use oxygen more efficiently. Quit spending your money on titanium crap and put something GOOD in to your racing. Call these guys today!! 800-776-4363!

Submitted by Kenny Cleveland a racer from San Jose

Date Reviewed: April 16, 1998

Bottom Line:

I completed my first century ride a couple of weeks ago. My concerns before the ride were staying
hydrated and having the leg strength to last for 5 to 6 hours of saddle time. I started drinking carbo-pro
twice a day for 5 days prior to the ride and finished 3 bottles on the ride.
On my climbs I averaged about 80 to 85% of max heartrate and on the flats I averaged about 65 to 70% of max
heart rate. I felt really strong during the later part of the ride and my companions were commenting on how
refreshed I looked and strong my pulls were.
I also ate some of the refreshments at the support stations by ACTC, (Excellent banana bread).
The drink comes in a neutral flavor and can be mixed with any drink. When mixed according to directions it
has 230 calories per 20oz water bottle. This drink is aimed at replacing glycogine and reducing lactic build
up. I can be taken before, during, and after rides.
I am so impressed with the sportsquest carbo-pro I am now trying their endurance pak. They also give out
excellent riding schedules and information

Quick Write Up on Carbo Pro

I just finished what was for me a pretty big 'endurance event'. No, it wasn't a race except perhaps against the limits of daylight so we had to keep a good pace going. Also since I was in the saddle for better than 8.5 hours I faced many of the challenges I've faced endurance races in the past. T ... Read More »