Access Access Bar Older Nutrition

4.5/5 (6 Reviews)

Patented food technology that gives you quick food energy and better utilization of fat. Developed by top researcher Dr. Larry Wang, Access® helps you get more from your workout. You'll have more energy, recover faster, and feel the difference even with modest activity such as mowing the lawn, walking, or doing everyday household chores. In peanut butter, mocha praline, black cherry and mint chocolate.

Submitted by CameronQ a Weekend Warrior from Gold Coast Australia

Date Reviewed: September 24, 2010

Strengths:    Delicious! Almost too good to believe. Longer and harder rides with clearly less fatigue and post-ride muscle soreness. Nothing like it anywhere else.

Weaknesses:    On long rides carry a couple of extras. The chocolate can melt which is a bit messy. Otherwise fine.

Bottom Line:
Really, I know of jotting on the market that comes close. The science is so unique it is impossible to compare to similar products because there are no other products like it. They taste great, can carry the powder version to mix for backup and the proof is there every ride. I love them!

Purchased At:   Online at Melaleuca.

Similar Products Used:   All kinds of training bars but the science is very different. Look it up.

Bike Setup:   Standard shop-bought setup.

Submitted by Jenn Connel from Lincoln, Vermont, USA

Date Reviewed: November 13, 2007

Strengths:    Good value. Tastes Great! Gives me lots of energy and prevents muscle fatigue the next day.

Weaknesses:    None so far!

Bottom Line:
I think this is a great product! I've lost weight and most importantly - I feel so much better after my workout! I eat the bar 15 - 20 minutes before I workout and about 5 - 10 minutes into the workout I hit my 'zone' and can increase the amount of time I can work out!

Purchased At:   Melaleuca.com

Submitted by Jacques a Weekend Warrior from Edmonton, AB/CND

Date Reviewed: September 27, 2003

Strengths:    Tastes great, massive energy boost.
Mint and Double Fudge are the best.
Take one bar 15 minutes before my ride or run, and lasts me well over 2 hours before I need another.

Weaknesses:    Portion size could be increased.
You can only purchase the product throught mail.
Almost $40.00 CND for 20 bars.

Bottom Line:
May cost a bit more, but worth it.

Favorite Trail:   Kananaskis

Similar Products Used:   Snickers, Mars bar, Jersey Milk. M & M's.

Bike Setup:   Tight. Very Tight.

Submitted by mike from albany, ny

Date Reviewed: August 13, 2002

Strengths:    Excellent product. Tastes good. Really gives me energy and I have lost weight using it.

Weaknesses:    The old bars tasted like cardboard. The new ones are awesome. They are pricey but worth it

Bottom Line:
I love these bars and recommend them to anyone looking for additional energy or looking to loose a few pounds.

Similar Products Used:   lots of protein and carb bars

Submitted by De B a Weekend Warrior from Calgary

Date Reviewed: June 11, 2002

Strengths:    Tastes great. Arrives, shipped to my residence..

Weaknesses:    Expensive. Arrives with no product information on how product works best. HOW does it block the bodie's adenosine to help one lose weight???/Who has had success??

Bottom Line:
I have not lost any weight using this product. Although I run every day, and have cut down on my calories. I belong to a weight loss support group, and have actually remained the same weight for the past 3 weeks!

Similar Products Used:   None.

Submitted by Lloyd Burke from Altha , FL, USA

Date Reviewed: April 14, 2001

Strengths:    Gave energy boost that lasted about 1hour and 45 mins of high intensity exercise.

Weaknesses:    Taste is acceptable but definately not great.

Bottom Line:
I use Access bars before every workout or any period of increased need of energy.

Purchased At:   Melaleuca.com