Trek VisionSuper20 Older Lights

4.6/5 (5 Reviews)

Trek VisionSuper20

Submitted by Golden Gate Rider a cross-country rider from S.F. Ca.

Date Reviewed: February 12, 1999

Bottom Line:

Followed the advice from the gentleman from Orange, Ca. on this one! Picked up this light from JAX Bikes in SoCal for $89. Couldn't be more happy with any other light at this price. The triple setting beam is cool, use the low beam riding along the road at night and through some pretty dark singletrack trials. Once I hit the downhills I move up to the second two settings (16w and 20w). I have never had the battery run out on me, even on hour and a half rides at full power. For serious downhills, I'd like to add a helmet mount light but this light is solid! Based upon the light source and the price I paid for it, definitely 5 chillys!

Submitted by Jeff a cross-country rider from GA

Date Reviewed: February 1, 1999

Bottom Line:

Picked this light up for less than a quarter of a NightSun---and is worth every penny spent on it!! Used it one evening to light up my living room when a storm knocked out power---no problem reading by it, just don't look at the light--will blind you. Lights up trail/road so well, never worry about anything suddenly appearing. The handlebar mount of the light is ingenious---centers the headlight over the stem--a normally dead and unused area and keeps from sucking up potentially valuable but chronically in short supply bar space. Will not let this light go until my fingers are cold and dead. Viva la Trek on this one!!!

Submitted by Road Rash a cross-country rider from Orange CA

Date Reviewed: November 3, 1998

Bottom Line:

Well for the price and the quality of the product I love it. I't retails for $200 but I picked it up for $89. Email me if you want to know where. With the super 20 watt hallogin bulb I could bake marshmellos this thing is so bright. I constantly have bikers in the opposite direction to turn it down. And I do, with its variable 12-16-20 watt pattern. I am prety impressed with this single light. And since there are no computers with lights yet..this one has one on each side to light up your computer, stopwatch, etc. You will not be disapointed. I give it 5 flaming hot turds.

Submitted by the bitch boy a cross-country rider from aspen

Date Reviewed: July 8, 1998

Bottom Line:

This light is soo bright that I burned the retina out of my trusted dog spot who loves to run as i ride.......Seriously I use it to burn bugs on the forest floor, my taint is soo bruised I can barely sit ...... Do you ever stop to think why an I riding in the dark???

Submitted by J.R.K. a cross-country rider from Toronto, Canada

Date Reviewed: February 4, 1998

Bottom Line:

Did you ever want a lighting system that consists of single light unit, cycles through 12W (@2h:30m),
16W and 20 W (@1h:40m) power settings with a handle bar remote switch, led illumination of
computer and/or shifter position on both sides of light body, bottle cage Ni-Cd battery, provides a
combination spot and flood type halogen beam that at the 20 W setting lights up the trails even for the
people riding infront of you, at about 30% less $$$ than the NightRider... than see the Trek
VisionSuper-20 at your local bike accesory retailer.