NiteRider MiNewt.400 Dual Older Lights

• Handlebar Mount - Fits up to 31.8mm
  • 4.5 HR Smart Charger

Submitted by digibud a Weekend Warrior from North Pole, Alaska

Date Reviewed: September 20, 2009

Strengths:    Very well built. Light distribution is good and bright. Independent aiming of lights is valuable. Very light.

Weaknesses:    I'm concerned about rubber o-rings in Winter. I ride to -20F at times. We'll see how well that works. Backup battery is expensive. No obvious problems after a short test ride.

Bottom Line:
This seems like a solid made, bright, light (little weight) unit. I want good battery usage in cold temps so a Li Ion was desirable. This seems to fill the bill well. I think all these lights in this price category are terribly over priced so I don't give it a 5, but I see no real problems with the product that jump out after short usage. Better value is to be found with Halogen systems with NiCad batteries but everything is a trade off and if you need Li Ion batteries this is a good looking system.

Favorite Trail:   Denali Hwy

Purchased At:   REI

Bike Setup:   Gary Fisher 29er

Nite Rider MiNewt.400 Dual.

Has anyone ever used this light? I'm thinking about getting it and just wanted to hear what people had to say about it first. I'm not worried about being dissapointed though because Nite Rider is a great company.Read More »