NiteRider MiNewt 200 LED Older Lights

• Handlebar Mount - Fits up to 31.8mm
  • 4.5 HR Smart Charger

Submitted by xsjadodude a Weekend Warrior from Scottsdale, AZ, USA

Date Reviewed: February 6, 2012

Strengths:    The light performs extremly well as a spot light but has enough dispersion to be used without an additional flood light.

Weaknesses:    If you are a serious night rider or do races at night, you will most likely want to purchase a flood light along with this. But im sure if you are either of these, you already planned to do this.

Bottom Line:
I love this light. I am not a super serious night rider but this light does everything in need. I mount te light on my helmet with the little bands the light come with. Niterider sells a helmet attachment kit, but i dont think it is neccesary. Overall, the bang for the buck is outrageous so buy it at Performance.

Favorite Trail:   Tom'ss Thumb

Purchased At:   Performance Bike

Bike Setup:   Kona Kula 2-9

Submitted by eec62 a Cross Country Rider from Kailua, HI, USA

Date Reviewed: August 18, 2010

Strengths:    This is a very small light with lots of power. My wife also has two more of these lights that she has had for a couple years and she brakes stuff left and right. We have used them all over the place including riding across Peru and they are excellent. I am writing this because I saw the other review saying that the beam pattern was too narrow. I had a different light set previously and the wide beam pattern always made me wish I had my wife's Minewt. The lights are really solid too. I would be hard to break one if you tried. Additionally Night Rider has excellent service. My wife hooked one up to the wrong battery and blew the light (she can break anything). We called Night Rider and they wouldn't believe us that the light was broken. They said that they have almost never had one returned and to send it in. We shipped it back and received a new unit at no cost.

Weaknesses:    I haven't had any problems.

Bottom Line:
I think it this is a great light set for the size and price. I have ridden trails, 24 hr race and rode with this light. It you are blazing through a dark tight trail you might need more light but I rode single track on the 24 hr race and didn't have any problems. I recommend it to my friends.

Favorite Trail:   Norfolk

Purchased At:   The Bike Shop Kailua

Submitted by TR2009 a Weekend Warrior from Cambridge, UK

Date Reviewed: December 31, 2009

Strengths:    Good bright beam in central spot to see where you are going with a large field at enough intensity to see what's around. Lightweight and very compact on the handlebars. Good run time subject to weakness noted below.

Weaknesses:    This product has a serious shortcoming. If you leave the LED head plugged into the battery with the light switched off, it will run the battery flat in a couple of weeks. So you cannot fit it on the bike and leave it there till you next need it. You need to keep it disconnected until you want to use the light.

For off-road riding I would prefer a wider central spot - its just a bit too narrow for my likings.

Bottom Line:
Good light but with a serious practical shortcoming.