Chaton Industries Flasher Older Lights

4.29/5 (7 Reviews)

Chaton Industries Flasher

Submitted by Ray from NY

Date Reviewed: April 15, 2007

Bottom Line:
Be careful about giving them your credit card info. I ordered their product and then got a confirmation that the order was being filled and my card charged. That was the last I heard of them.
My emails are returned undeliverable.
The 800 number listed on the site is actually an ad for a live chat service and it directs you to call the billable number.
Either this is all part of a scam, or this is the worst excuse for a website a have ever run into!

Submitted by Meredith Sivick a Weekend Warrior from Herndon, VA

Date Reviewed: November 12, 2001

Strengths:    Flashers (see www.flasherweb.com) for photo: Super bright lights (like outdoor Christmas lights)! Super easy to use!

Weaknesses:    hard to find

Bottom Line:
Best on the market.

Purchased At:   gift

Submitted by chuck a Weekend Warrior from Philadelphia

Date Reviewed: September 30, 2001

Strengths:    versatility, can use for jogging or just about anything, I strap around chest front & back so no ? on visibility, I've even been followed to see where to get one.. battery is a watch/calc battery which increases life..

Weaknesses:    marketing... found this sorta by accident but damn glad I did.. ****www.flasherweb.com *****

Bottom Line:
Get a couple.. the dog, the kids, joggers, bikers, can't go wrong.. $12 for all this safety insurance.. others short out, use batteries weekly,, but this is a great find.. wish there was a 6th flamin turd

Purchased At:   flasher website

Similar Products Used:   vistalite... other generic tail lights..

Bike Setup:   Kona Pahoehoe..

Submitted by Stooge a Weekend Warrior from Mesa, Az

Date Reviewed: August 3, 2001

Strengths:    Easy to use, versatile, lightweight and inexpensive

Weaknesses:    2 more lights would be even better! Off switch might be hard to find for some folks.

Bottom Line:
For 12 bucks plus shipping I feel much better at night riding with my son now. I wrap it around his helmet and the velcro holds it extremely well. I can see many uses for it because of it's size and number of LEDs. I can highly recommend the flasher based on my rather short ownership time. Check out the website for more info.

Favorite Trail:   Don't have one yet

Purchased At:   Their website

Bike Setup:   GT Agressor 1.0 stock except I'm using a WTB saddle and computer

Submitted by DJ Zebe a Weekend Warrior from Baltimore, MD, USA

Date Reviewed: November 17, 2000

Strengths:    Visibility, I know people see it people they comment. Also, can be worn in various places by using various velcro closures. I've worn them on me and on my bike and even attached one to my hat for Halloween. The battery is a common size and I've only just replaced it for the first time.

Weaknesses:    None that I've found

Bottom Line:
I would recommend this product to anyone and have given them for gifts.

Favorite Trail:   bicycle commuter

Purchased At:   Flasher web site

Similar Products Used:   Have used various lights that attach to the bike but have had them stolen and they take more batteries that don't last as long.

Submitted by Cameron a Weekend Warrior from Ashburn, VA, USA

Date Reviewed: November 16, 2000

Strengths:    Not only is it something that doesn't need car's headlights to set off the reflection, it is visible for over 1 mile on a clear night! Light weight too. I can barely tell I'm wearing it, other than those lights that make me feel safer than ever. These guys really have their product down. They realize that one strobe light, or headlight may not be visible from all angles, so they created a wrap-around product that has randomly flashing red (better to see) lights that can be seen from ANY angle. What a brilliant idea! Keep up the good work. I would suggest this product to any bikers, or joggers, or pet owners for that matter. This is good for the whole family. How about the kids at the school bus stop in the morning? Wow! The different uses just keep on coming. And, at such a good price. Safety is never a price issue. But, you get it both ways here.

Weaknesses:    Really isn't one. They are as durable as ever. My dogs can't even chew through them.

Bottom Line:
Like I said early. I would suggest this product to almost anyone on the street. It has so many uses. It's a great idea for a stocking stuffer too. If you go to http://www.flasherweb.com you can order through the website. They have all their bases covered. Plus, a 90 day warantee. No one else does 90 days.

Favorite Trail:   Old Dominion