CatEye HLNC200 DAY LITES Older Lights

4.67/5 (6 Reviews)

Cat Eye HLNC200 DAY LITES

Submitted by Ville a Cross Country Rider from Finland

Date Reviewed: October 13, 2002

Strengths:    Very powerful lights, battery last long and good looking lights.

Weaknesses:    10W light is too narrow.

Bottom Line:
I went to the forest at night and switch on both lights on... light were all over trail everywhere I would imagine. Amazing lights!!! and what prise!!!

Favorite Trail:   Uutela forest

Purchased At:   Vartiokylänpyörä

Similar Products Used:   Cateye microhalogen 500II

Bike Setup:   GT Tempest With SID race and XT/LX components

Submitted by Greg Ryan a Cross Country Rider from Limerick, Ireland, Eurpoe

Date Reviewed: May 31, 2001

Strengths:    SuperDooper! Really good. I ahve two batteries, because a spare only cost me $18. I ahve spare bulbs, 2.4W, 6W and 10W. I put the 10W in with the other 10W and it still shined birghtly. It was amazingly bright. If I was a oncoming vehicle/biker I'd be blinded. The speard of light is pretty cool. I use these lights for everything nowadays. Excelltn Lights!

Weaknesses:    ......ahumm.......Could Be cheaper I suppose. Couldn't everything!

Bottom Line:
Excellent Lights. I hear that there are replacemnts at an extra cost. If these are this bright, how bright are the new guys. WOW!

Favorite Trail:   Cratloe Woods, Co.Clare

Similar Products Used:   Lodsof others, but not as big and powerful

Bike Setup:   Diamond Back Axis Pro, XT/XTR

Submitted by Chris from Burlington, Ontario, Canada

Date Reviewed: May 26, 2001

Strengths:    Very powerful lighting system. Battery last about 4 hours with the use of the one light, and about 1.5 hours with both lights runing constantly.

Weaknesses:    They are to big. They mount to far in front of the bars. I had a crash and one of the lights is now very loose easyly fixable I hope.

Bottom Line:
These lights will surly light up any trail that you can find. Very bright. I would defently recommend them.
I love my Cateye Daylights.

Favorite Trail:   Hilton Falls

Purchased At:   Bicycle show

Similar Products Used:   BLT Blitz helmet light. The Cateyes are much brighter.

Bike Setup:   1997 Trek 7000. XTR/XT and Raceface. Great bike.

Submitted by Mark Assinder a Cross Country Rider from Birmingham UK

Date Reviewed: January 12, 2000

Strengths:    Price, Brightness with 6W bulb upgrade, Battery life using one beam.

Weaknesses:    Can't charge the battery on the bike.

Bottom Line:
For the money these lights are really the only option on the market at present. I ride my bike to work and back everyday, my route comprises of road and canal toepath. I find the wide beam more than acceptable for road use and when I need to see where I am going I just flick the spot beam on. Spares are readily available and inexpensive a spare battery costing £18.00. I bought a spare and just charge one whilst using the other. I have messed around with other products but have found that you would have to spend at least double if you wwanted to improve on this unit.

Bike Setup:   GT ZaskarLE

Submitted by James a Racer from Austin TX

Date Reviewed: October 29, 1999

Strengths:
Work well inexpensive

Weaknesses:
Vibrate under extreme condition(not control loosing just annoying),Looks like it could break but haven't tested

Bottom Line:
They work well battery has a good life span. Good deal for the $.

Flat Creek

1 Year

Nothing to cool

98 S-Works

Submitted by Seth Weatherby a Weekend Warrior from Australia

Date Reviewed: October 14, 1999

Strengths:
Reasonably lightweight
Very powerful
Came with a 6w upgrade buld for the flood light

Weaknesses:
May be prone to beakage if you did happen to crash.

Bottom Line:
I was a bit sketchy on wether or not I was going to buy the lights. For 1 the guy in the shop wouldn't let me trail them and it was day time when I bought them so I didn't really have an idea on how bright they were, and 2 they looked rather flimsy. The guy assured me they were bright and if I broke them I could bring them back for a free fix. I thought what the hell and bought them. Good decision. They are very bright and I don't have any problems rushing down single trails in the dark. Buy these lights if you want power with out spending too much eg. $500 on digital vista's

single track