BLT Lights Invader Older Lights

• Triple wattage single NiCad light set
  • IC controlled, triple wattage (8-10-12 watts) using single MR-11 halogen bulb
  • 7.2 volt, 4.5 aHour NiCad waterbottle battery
  • Remote handlebar mounted power-wattage switch
  • Complete set includes charger

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Kilroy a Weekend Warrior from the woods

Date Reviewed: September 8, 2008

Bottom Line:
    it works fine to light up the trail for the whole ride as it lasts longer than most lights, I don't think this light is bright enough on its own for hard stuff, I use it as a constant light source along with a helmet light for technical stuff when needed.
    I had to open up the battery and fix a wire a while back, glued the case and taped it shut and still works fine. I had lost a charger so bought a cheap a/c adaptor with miltiple voltages (7.5v tricky to find alone) and works just fine. I also do the reverse mounting for looks. I think this has lasted the test of time (over 5 years)

Purchased At:   off a bud

Submitted by Kilroy from same place

Date Reviewed: May 5, 2004

Weaknesses:    6volt bulbs, too bad cause 12volt mr11s are a buck at a hardware store, 6volts are tuff to find. the bubls are supposed to last thousands of hours so maybe worth the price difference.

Bottom Line:
    I must update the review. and re-rate to adjust previous review.
    Ironically, not long after posting the previous review, my light died out. I wrote to Blt about what the problem could be, they never got back to me, surprising considering their customer service reputation is decent. In the past I have also tried to order bulbs from my lbs, and they sent the wrong one 3 times in a row, I gave up. I have sinced sawed open the bottery case and resolderred a strip which was coming off the pvc board to fix problem. I glued and taped the case back, hopefuly it'll keep. The bulb I tested it with was form my blitz and it works.

Submitted by Kilroy a Weekend Warrior from misty mountain

Date Reviewed: February 27, 2004

Strengths:    Bright, rugged, long lasting

Weaknesses:    plastic, metal would have been cooler, but plastic stays all black no flaking of paint.

Bottom Line:
    This bike light rules. It was initially made to be mounted on top of bars, looked silly and vulnerable, but if you alternate side and mount under stem you get a better protected and a much cooler looking light. It uses mr-11c halogen bulbs which r great. I have a 6-8-10 watt setup. Compliments a helm light perfectly. Fine on its own too. A few years old at this point so if you can get one second hand jump on it, reverse it and bingo. The switch on the handlebars is cool, and the battery being nicad has some advatages despite being a tad heavier than nimh.