Bell Solair Pro Older Helmets

Weight : 8.9 oz MSRP : $29.99

18 air vents; 13 top and 5 rear

Submitted by Lance a Cross Country Rider from Sicklerville

Date Reviewed: December 8, 2002

Strengths:    Comfortable, fits well, really good suspension system, well ventilated.

Weaknesses:    No visor; however if you look around you can still purchase the (discontinued) Bell add-on visor for about $8.00. It’s not an exact fit but it works well, (got mine on-line at Galls).

Bottom Line:
Good value for the price, an intigrated visor would be a plus. Entry level product offering good protection and comfort. Nothing flashy but will protect your melon in a crash.

Similar Products Used:   old leather helmet

Submitted by Jeff a Racer from Monroe, LA, USA

Date Reviewed: July 13, 2001

Strengths:    Saved my head in a collision with a big dog!!!
Strap system is really cool.

Weaknesses:    None that I have seen or experienced.

Bottom Line:
After completing a short 15 mile ride yesterday morning (Friday the 13th), my son and I split up in our rural subdivision. I went the long way to get in an extra mile or so in. I was clipping along at about 18 - 20 mph and saw a large dog running toward me. Before I even finished the thought of this dog possiblly running in front of me, he did. I didn't even have time to brake or swerve. I hit the dog broadside and flipped over. My head hit the pave ment like a watermelon falling off the back of a truck. I'm convinced that if I had not been wearing a helmet, I would have suffered severe injuries. My head is the least sore, the scrapes on the rest of my body are sore as hell. I definitely recommend this helmet. It's a great value and looks great. It sure saved my head.

Purchased At:   Richardson Bike Mart

Similar Products Used:   First bike helmet.

Bike Setup:   KHS Flite 500: Shimano Tiagra and 105, Serfas saddle, Cateye Avocet computer

Submitted by Christian Cabug a Weekend Warrior from San Lorenzo, CA

Date Reviewed: July 11, 2001

Strengths:    Does the job
Cheap
18 air vents
Easily Adjustable

Weaknesses:    Not the most comfortable
Lack of a visor
Plain looking
Basic design

Bottom Line:
This is a nicely-constructed helmet and does the job for a minimal cost. I like the "Twin Action Fit Belt Retention System", it makes it very easy to adjust. It works much like a hard hat and proper fit is easily achieved.

Purchased At:   Reed's Sport Shop