Bell Rhythm Pro Full Face Older Helmets

4.7/5 (30 Reviews)
Weight : 2 lbs MSRP : $115.00

• Outer shell is made up of multiple layers of hand laminated fiberglass.
  • 15 vents; active and passive

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by steve milthorp a Downhiller from Canmore A.B Canada

Date Reviewed: September 29, 2006

Strengths:    Price was right, and it keeps my brains thinking and my face looking good.

Weaknesses:    I dont't know what the guy looked like that desinged this thing, but I bet he has no neck and no jaw.

Bottom Line:
    It looks good and it works.

Favorite Trail:   riders of rohan

Purchased At:   the source

Similar Products Used:   bell balistic

Bike Setup:   santa cruiz bullet

Submitted by Steven from Rutland, VT

Date Reviewed: April 30, 2003

Strengths:    Value, price, looks, strength, vents

Weaknesses:    fits like a vise

Bottom Line:
    Great helmet if you can stand the snug/tight fit. I take my off alot. I've switched to a 661 for this season and will be using the Bell as a backup brain bucket.

Purchased At:   45.00

Similar Products Used:   '03 661 full face (more comfortable)

Bike Setup:   Rotec DH Pro

Submitted by Kevin a Weekend Warrior from Moscow, ID

Date Reviewed: September 28, 2002

Strengths:    The price was right. I love the paint job.

Weaknesses:    What the heck is up with the chin-strap placement? Fits around the back of my neck easier than the front! I'll probably hack it off and rivet on another farther forward.

Bottom Line:
    This was the only full face helmet I could afford. When I got it it fit ok around the crown but cut off the blood flow in my temples and made my jaw hurt. Extensive surgery with a razor blade and hot glue gun remodeled it. Not it fits pretty good and no one can tell the difference. I don't consider this a fault, since different helmets fit better on different people.

I don't think the chin strap could fit ANYONE though.

Similar Products Used:   Lots of xc helmets (some now broken). Several moto helmets (on my Honda 900)

Bike Setup:   Surly Instigator, rigged out for urban assault.

Submitted by Konacopia a Weekend Warrior from L.A.

Date Reviewed: September 9, 2002

Strengths:    Affordable
    Lots of vents
    Not to heavy

Weaknesses:    Chin strap
    Run a bit small in sizes

Bottom Line:
    This is a good helmet for anyone looking for a no nonsense affordable full face. About the only thing that really gets me with the helmet is the strap placement. For some reason Bell decided everyone has small necks so the straps just about strangle you if you've got it tightened correctly. I just run mine a little loose. Also, the fit is kind of small even when the helmet has been fully broken in. These quirks aren't enough to make me flame the helmet though. I don't get it when people say that this helmet doesn't have enough vents. It's got more vents than any other fullface I've seen. Anymore vents and this thing will break apart in a crash. The only time I've found this helmet uncomfortable is when I'm standing still but if you keep moving it's fine. Just take it off when you're not riding. A good value for any level of rider. Thanks to Kev for the recommendation.

Favorite Trail:   DCP

Purchased At:   Pricepoint

Submitted by Patrick Quinn a Downhiller from Vienna

Date Reviewed: August 29, 2002

Strengths:    Full face protection...need i say more?

Weaknesses:    Chin straps dig into my throat when tightened up alot.

Bottom Line:
    I feel flat on my face while going over a log. I decided that i was too drop dead sexy for that to happen again. I found a kickass chrome Rythm on closeout, 40 bucks.

Favorite Trail:   Michal Fairaday

Purchased At:   JensonUsa.com

Similar Products Used:   O'neill

Bike Setup:   Azonic DS-1 Dual slalom bike.

Submitted by Lance Lowry a Cross Country Rider from Fullerton

Date Reviewed: July 16, 2002

Strengths:    Damn sturdy helmet for the price,comfortable and graphics look sweet.

Weaknesses:    Chin strap needs any kind of padding,no room for sunglasses,can get a little warm

Bottom Line:
    Hands down one of the best helmets out there. On sale every where from $40 to MSRP of $119. Still cheap at regular price. Very snug fit and plenty of padding. Vents work pretty well gong downhill. I don't see anybody who said this helmet is hot but it is for me. Tradeoff for a full face helmet I guess(My first). As long as my noggin is safe. Can't beat the value. Feels like nothing(Head doesn't feel like its being dragged to the ground). Wish it had more vents but a kick ass helmet. Go get it if you'd like to save money that could be better used improving your rig. 5 red things for this guy but 4 on the overall for need of a couple more vents. Great product

Favorite Trail:   Fullerton Loop

Purchased At:   JensonUSA.com

Similar Products Used:   Specialized comp helmet, Skate helmet

Bike Setup:   Giant WarpDS3,Marzocchi z1 wedge, raceface low riser,azonic shorty stem,raceface prodigy cranks

Submitted by andrew brumby a Weekend Warrior from Canada

Date Reviewed: June 27, 2002

Strengths:    light ,looks awsome, strong, inexpensive

Weaknesses:    strap chokes me, weak visor

Bottom Line:
    this is a great helmet! ive hit my head 3 times on trees an the helmet is still great. the only damage is a few scratches an a broken visor(chain fell off comin off a 4 foot wheelie drop = faceplant/whiplash)

Favorite Trail:   north shore

Purchased At:   pricepoint

Bike Setup:   norco 250cc dj2, hayes, alex rims

Submitted by David a Downhiller from Bellingham, WA, USA

Date Reviewed: May 17, 2002

Strengths:    Not too heavy, Carmichal graphics are cool, all around protection.

Weaknesses:    strap kinda chokes me when I look too for down. otherwise, its all good.

Bottom Line:
    Its a safe thing to have on your head.

Favorite Trail:   The Firs (dirt jump place) - Silver Beach (downhill, dirtjump)

Purchased At:   www.pricepoint.com

Similar Products Used:   LOTS OF GOOD - BAD HELMETS.

Bike Setup:   Not sure yet, I'm remodeling it sometime soon.

Submitted by Davis a Downhiller from quipamsis,nb,canada

Date Reviewed: May 9, 2002

Strengths:    light, cheap, looks good, strong

Weaknesses:    chin strap digs when u tighten it up alot

Bottom Line:
    this helmit saved me lots of times and its still in good condtion, its great, buy one

Favorite Trail:   our dirt jump park

Purchased At:   bromont velo

Similar Products Used:   giro mad max, bell somthin or other, bell dirt jump

Bike Setup:   gt avalanche 12.5, x-vert r's, ryno+hill rod, deore every thing, fsa orbit xL 2, fsa extreme bb, husselfelts

Submitted by Barry Manilow from Greenwich

Date Reviewed: April 30, 2002

Strengths:    This product is lightweight, and does not keep you hot on those long summer days.

Weaknesses:    The visor is a little weak, but then again almost all visors are weak.

Bottom Line:
    This is a great helmet all around, I woul definitley recommend it to a beginner, because it does not get in the way like a fox.

Favorite Trail:   Me Backyard

Purchased At:   Demo from my friend

Similar Products Used:   Vigor Vamoose 2

Bike Setup:   Specialized Rockhopper, hooped up with Psylo XC, BMX peddals, and Raceface DH cranks. Also with Dual Slalom Brian Lopes Rims, Evil Twin DH tires (not tubeless).

Submitted by oosvn a Cross Country Rider from USA

Date Reviewed: April 28, 2002

Strengths:    The price , good protection .

Weaknesses:    tight to put on , but after it's on it feels fine . chin strap digs into your throat , I cut away the wide padding & leave it a little loose ( It's definitly not coming off )

Bottom Line:
    I purchased this helment to give dh racing a try . You feel much more secure then with a cross country helment , & once I started my practice runs I didn't give it a second thought . I would recommened this helment to any first time racer .

Purchased At:   PricePoint

Submitted by Josh from Amherst, MA

Date Reviewed: March 23, 2002

Strengths:    Cheap! Good protection. The fit is pretty good. Doesn't seem too heavy not like a MX helmet or anything.

Weaknesses:    Pads can't be removed to be washed. That's about it.

Bottom Line:
    An excellent helmet for the money. No problems so far. I wish that you could remove the pads but you can't expect those kinds of features on such a low priced helmet.

Favorite Trail:   technical maybe?

Purchased At:   pricepoint.com

Submitted by Glen Mcknight a Weekend Warrior from briz

Date Reviewed: November 13, 2001

Strengths:    keeps me brain in working order

Weaknesses:    strap feels like a knife

Bottom Line:
    nice, keeps brain working

Favorite Trail:   dh

Purchased At:   shop

Similar Products Used:   brain bucket

Bike Setup:   wheels, forks, no seat i'm gay, pedals, cranks

Submitted by freerider down hiller a Downhiller from stubby ville

Date Reviewed: September 15, 2001

Strengths:    ok weight... sweet paint job... cheap..... lots of vents ...it's all good...

Weaknesses:    chin strap..... and makes you sweat a little. but other than that it's a great product....

Bottom Line:
    sweet helmet

Favorite Trail:   don't know (sumas mt.)

Purchased At:   caps (cause i get 20% off)

Bike Setup:   triple crown manitou x-vert r's , raliegh frame, lx components, 2.65 front tire, and a 2.30 rear, couch seat, race face rock guard, and thats about it..

Submitted by Mika Törö a Weekend Warrior from Helsinki, Finland

Date Reviewed: September 12, 2001

Strengths:    Strong. Fancy graphics, looks good. Not overly heavy. Good availability even in here Finland.

Weaknesses:    No replaceable pads. Work quality, the inner shell is misaligned, so the helmet is slighty tilted to right hand side when I wear it.

Bottom Line:
    I sweat very much. The helmet stinks already, how I'm going to wash the pads when they can't be removed? That's just stupid design. And the misalignment raises a question about the whole quality of the product - there may be other defects that weren't noticed at the factory as well. Apart from the fancy paintjob this helmet is not worth the price I paid. But it gives the protection needed, which of course is the most important thing. Always wear a helmet when riding a bike!

Favorite Trail:   Rocky and rooty singletrack at Hallainvuori, Helsinki.

Purchased At:   Local bike shop

Similar Products Used:   Prorider and 661 full face helmets. 661 Full Bravo is my recommendation of the three helmets mentioned here. Best value, looks ok, very light. Though maybe not as strong as Rhytm Pro.

Bike Setup:   '00 Mountain Cycle San Andreas w. Psylo SL fork, Stratos Helix Pro rear shock, Hope Enduro brakes, Mavic D521 rims, XT groupset, and all the rest quality components also.